• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

FORUM SEARCH

Get answers about starting a business from real entrepreneurs. Powered by Google.

Amazon FBA - Shipping Tubes?

Discussion in 'Product Creation, Inventing, Importing, Sourcing' started by Philip Marlowe, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Philip Marlowe

Philip Marlowe Every Day On, No Days Off Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,029
    Hey guys - I have a product bundle in mind that would ship best in a clear plastic tube. I didn't see anything in the FBA calculator to indicate this would be treated differently for storage or shipping (except for large poster-size tubes, which this is not).

Anyone have familiarity with shipping tubes (like 6.5-8" long with 2.5-3" diameter) to Amazon for FBA? I may end-up shrink-wrapping two tubes together.

I'm also planning on having Amazon apply bar codes initially - seems worth it at $.20 to have it done right and in their system.

Still trying to work-out the details, but the packaging is really important on this one. Still working on a good label for the exterior as well.

Thanks in advance!

2. Hyrum

Hyrum Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,847
    I had a product that I originally had in a cardboard tube. Amazon required me to either put it in an outer box (I believe their site specifies the container should have 6 sides) or poly-bag it. My guess is this is to reduce the chance it will roll of the shelves.

3. Philip Marlowe

Philip Marlowe Every Day On, No Days Off Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,029
    Thanks @Hyrum. I also realized that my costs shipping TO amazon would also be high because the box would be large with lots of potential for wasted space. And the weight of the tubes adds-up fast. Might try a paper box of some kind.