The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Amazon FBA - Shipping Tubes?

Philip Marlowe

Every Day On, No Days Off
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Apr 28, 2017
NE
Hey guys - I have a product bundle in mind that would ship best in a clear plastic tube. I didn't see anything in the FBA calculator to indicate this would be treated differently for storage or shipping (except for large poster-size tubes, which this is not).

Anyone have familiarity with shipping tubes (like 6.5-8" long with 2.5-3" diameter) to Amazon for FBA? I may end-up shrink-wrapping two tubes together.

I'm also planning on having Amazon apply bar codes initially - seems worth it at $.20 to have it done right and in their system.

Still trying to work-out the details, but the packaging is really important on this one. Still working on a good label for the exterior as well.

Thanks in advance!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Hyrum

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 5, 2016
Nebraska
I had a product that I originally had in a cardboard tube. Amazon required me to either put it in an outer box (I believe their site specifies the container should have 6 sides) or poly-bag it. My guess is this is to reduce the chance it will roll of the shelves.

OP
OP
Philip Marlowe

Philip Marlowe

Every Day On, No Days Off
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Apr 28, 2017
NE
Thanks @Hyrum. I also realized that my costs shipping TO amazon would also be high because the box would be large with lots of potential for wasted space. And the weight of the tubes adds-up fast. Might try a paper box of some kind.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
-- HALLOWEEN SPECIAL STARTS TODAY! Get any of my courses at Udemy's current best price through Friday! Use code: HALLOWEEN Use any of the links...
Top Bottom