Hi fastlaners!
I am a mom to a 10 month old baby, a student and a business owner.
I find it so hard to manage my time with all my responsibilities at home, especially putting hours and work towards my business.
My husband and I basically have an online store. We have been working for 4 months and put $20K which we have in debt.
We've had 5 sales so far with very little marketing, and we are adapting to our market and adjusting as quickly as possible.
I just feel like we don't put enough hours, because one of us has to take care of the baby while the other one works. We can't really afford daycare, and I study online so I can take care of the baby.
My husband wants 8 hour workdays, which I would love to "give" him by taking care of the baby. However, I need to work too because I am a graphic designer and I do most of the photography/ design work. He asks me to do a bunch of tasks and doesn't give me the time for it. He has thrown a bunch of money to crappy fivver designers only to have me edit it later. His former website won an award with my help and tips.
I guess what I am asking is... Am I being an unsupportive wife by asking h to take over baby care so I can work too?
It's got so bad that I stay up at night just to get the minimal work done (photography+ post-processing)
I just want to learn from other parents... How do you do it?
Do you use daycare?
Do you budget it as a business expense?
How is time allocated between your family time and business hours?
Also, how do you keep hope up when you are on the start-up phase?
Thank you so much for your responses
I am a mom to a 10 month old baby, a student and a business owner.
I find it so hard to manage my time with all my responsibilities at home, especially putting hours and work towards my business.
My husband and I basically have an online store. We have been working for 4 months and put $20K which we have in debt.
We've had 5 sales so far with very little marketing, and we are adapting to our market and adjusting as quickly as possible.
I just feel like we don't put enough hours, because one of us has to take care of the baby while the other one works. We can't really afford daycare, and I study online so I can take care of the baby.
My husband wants 8 hour workdays, which I would love to "give" him by taking care of the baby. However, I need to work too because I am a graphic designer and I do most of the photography/ design work. He asks me to do a bunch of tasks and doesn't give me the time for it. He has thrown a bunch of money to crappy fivver designers only to have me edit it later. His former website won an award with my help and tips.
I guess what I am asking is... Am I being an unsupportive wife by asking h to take over baby care so I can work too?
It's got so bad that I stay up at night just to get the minimal work done (photography+ post-processing)
I just want to learn from other parents... How do you do it?
Do you use daycare?
Do you budget it as a business expense?
How is time allocated between your family time and business hours?
Also, how do you keep hope up when you are on the start-up phase?
Thank you so much for your responses
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
