The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Allow me to re-introduce myself.... (9 years later)

hawaiiloans

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Oct 6, 2007
Las Vegas
I haven't been on this forum in years..... I think MJ didn't even have his book published yet. Just wanted to reintroduce myself.

Stumbled upon this forum after reading a thread about playing poker for a living, and wanting to expand my knowledge beyond the "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" books I've been reading. I signed up for the forum in 2007 and took a pretty long route from poor college student to a short stint in the military, to ending up in Las Vegas as a professional gambler. I read snowbank's poker thread a while back and was intrigued by the possibility to play cards for a living. I'm not a poker player but let's say the concepts of what I do are the same.

Basically now I have the time and resources to devote myself to getting into real estate investing, so I decided to come back here to network and learn everything I can. My "career" if you can call it that, requires active participation and I am looking to get into passive investing, or as passive as REI can get! My main focus will be getting cash deals for SFR and condos.

EDIT: Just wanted to be square with the rules, it specifies why I'm in a different location then where I say I am. I travel a lot for my work.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

hawaiiloans

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Oct 6, 2007
Las Vegas
Holy.
You were younger than me when you joined.

Have a good time and wish you a good luck.

Thank you. I spent a very long time making many mistakes (MLMs, shady business "meetings" anyone else?) but every failure brought me to who I am now, so I have no regrets. As I mentioned before one member here (snowbank) wrote a thread on playing poker for a living, and I was attracted to the way you can leverage your skill into more earnings. From there I've discovered all types of gambling and found myself in Las Vegas 2 years ago.

The problem is that it's great to use mathematics to find ways to make money from it, it's a "slowlane" business in the sense that if I am not actively looking for opportunities I do not make money. I work as a team with several others but at the end of the day it is "slowlane". Fortunately I make a good enough living from it to save up money to start looking into buying real estate cash, with no financing. Luckily during my travels I came across an opportunity for investments in a low cost of living area with very big upside potential. This is based on information from a trusted person who dabbles in real estate so I will be doing my due diligence before pursuing this further. My plan is to buy and hold indefinitely to create passive income equal to my average yearly pay.

hawaiiloans

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Oct 6, 2007
Las Vegas
Congrats on the career you've had thus far, sounds like a lot of fun! Check out SteveO's posts they're awesome.

-LiveHappy :)

I read his golf course story, and now am going back to his threads to see more gems.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...