The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

After Months of Dedication, I Fulfilled A Dream: MyGigz is Live and Already Receiving Its First Accolades!

A topic related to SAAS or APPs

stefanoesposito

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Feb 8, 2019
Naples, Italy
In these days, I have fulfilled a dream that I have cherished for years: I launched MyGigz, a multi-user platform dedicated to musicians, artists and live event organizers.

Its purpose is simple yet powerful: it serves as a centralized hub for live gig updates and allows the sharing of dates and details of events with your audience in an intuitive and immediate manner.
Think of it as the 'Linktree' for live performances, an indispensable tool that integrates perfectly into your Linktree (or in your link in bio, ecc) if you are musicians, speakers, or performers.

You register, set a profile pic, a bio, then you can start easily: simply hit the + button on the bottom-right to enter the date, the venue name and the city, and your gigs will automatically align in ascending order!
You can also add the link to the event and/or post and the Google Maps link with the address of the venue!
Backgrounds can also be changed: You can choose between 12 different gradients, and I am working on new features that are in the pipeline.

The web app is multilingual: the language is automatically set depending on the language of your browser. At the moment the languages are the following: English, Italian, French and Spanish; but other languages are forthcoming.
The recent launch on ProductHunt was a success: MyGigz caught the attention of many, ranking 10th on the chart of the day! :love:
This achievement goes beyond all my expectations, especially considering that I managed every aspect of the project alone, overcoming new challenges and resolving bugs for months.

Many on the ProductHunt thread have called MyGigz a 'game-changer' for musicians or a great innovation, and I'm really happy about it!

I haven't yet monetized it or created pricing plans because, for the time being, I want people to get on board and see the community grow.

You can visit 3 profiles as example here:

Registration to MyGigz is free, and you can start right away by visiting https://www.mygigz.live

I'm aware many things still need to be developed, including a more attractive homepage, but I chose to follow Reid Hoffman's principle: «If you are not embarrassed by the first version of your product, you've launched too late». ;)

I'm really excited about MyGigz and I'd like to receive feedback from you!

MyGigz Tutorial ITA Thumbnail.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nostalgia

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
May 21, 2023
In these days, I have fulfilled a dream that I have cherished for years: I launched MyGigz, a multi-user platform dedicated to musicians, artists and live event organizers.

Its purpose is simple yet powerful: it serves as a centralized hub for live gig updates and allows the sharing of dates and details of events with your audience in an intuitive and immediate manner.
Think of it as the 'Linktree' for live performances, an indispensable tool that integrates perfectly into your Linktree (or in your link in bio, ecc) if you are musicians, speakers, or performers.

You register, set a profile pic, a bio, then you can start easily: simply hit the + button on the bottom-right to enter the date, the venue name and the city, and your gigs will automatically align in ascending order!
You can also add the link to the event and/or post and the Google Maps link with the address of the venue!
Backgrounds can also be changed: You can choose between 12 different gradients, and I am working on new features that are in the pipeline.

The web app is multilingual: the language is automatically set depending on the language of your browser. At the moment the languages are the following: English, Italian, French and Spanish; but other languages are forthcoming.
The recent launch on ProductHunt was a success: MyGigz caught the attention of many, ranking 10th on the chart of the day! :love:
This achievement goes beyond all my expectations, especially considering that I managed every aspect of the project alone, overcoming new challenges and resolving bugs for months.

Many on the ProductHunt thread have called MyGigz a 'game-changer' for musicians or a great innovation, and I'm really happy about it!

I haven't yet monetized it or created pricing plans because, for the time being, I want people to get on board and see the community grow.

Registration to MyGigz is free, and you can start right away by visiting https://www.mygigz.live

I'm aware many things still need to be developed, including a more attractive homepage, but I chose to follow Reid Hoffman's principle: «If you are not embarrassed by the first version of your product, you've launched too late». ;)

View attachment 53413
Congrats on the launch! You should definitely start a progress thread documenting your journey from here, from improving and developing the app and monetizing it.

stefanoesposito

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Feb 8, 2019
Naples, Italy
Congrats on the launch! You should definitely start a progress thread documenting your journey from here, from improving and developing the app and monetizing it.
Thank you Nostalgia, it's a great idea! I'll do it! Stay tuned!

stefanoesposito

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Feb 8, 2019
Naples, Italy

Its purpose is simple yet powerful: it serves as a centralized hub for live gig updates and allows the sharing of date
HTML:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qt53k9LS07M?si=Ob0FGYO92bfLcntC" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>
s and details of events with your audience in an intuitive and immediate manner.

View attachment 53413

Today I'm working on new features, like the share button for every profile.

I also created mini-tutorials to learn how to use MyGigz:

Last edited:

stefanoesposito

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Feb 8, 2019
Naples, Italy
Just added Portuguese, Japanese and Chinese languages! They set automatically depending on the language of your browser! If your language is not on the list, the default is English.

Next ones will be German and Dutch

stefanoesposito

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Feb 8, 2019
Naples, Italy
Ok guys, I got a little carried away with this language thing, and I localized MyGigz in 28 languages, here they are: English, Italian, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Dutch, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Hindi, Korean, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Romanian, Ukrainian, Czech, Polish, Hungarian, Greek, Turkish, Icelandic, Estonian, Filipino, Indonesian, Thai.

Basically they are almost all the languages in the world! :)

Stay tuned!
Stef

P.S.: Now it's even easier to share your profile with the new share icon button I've implemented!

Dratch

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Jan 9, 2024
Congrats on the launch! That's a fantastic idea! I know you said there is more functionality to come, but is there a way for a musician to post links to their Spotify, Apple Music, etc.?

Keep up the good work!

stefanoesposito

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Feb 8, 2019
Naples, Italy
Congrats on the launch! That's a fantastic idea! I know you said there is more functionality to come, but is there a way for a musician to post links to their Spotify, Apple Music, etc.?

Keep up the good work!
Thank you so much! ☺️
Yes, like Instagram, they have a link in bio where they can post whatever they want, like the following example, where there's the Linktree url:

Screenshot_20240112-065713.png

Last edited:

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Sep 11, 2018
Hey, congrats on your launch!

May I ask where are you hosting your SaaS (AWS, Heroku, etc.) and how much it costs you per month?

stefanoesposito

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Feb 8, 2019
Naples, Italy
Hey, congrats on your launch!

May I ask where are you hosting your SaaS (AWS, Heroku, etc.) and how much it costs you per month?

Thank you!

The tech stack is the following:
Frontend: Nextjs hosted on Vercel
Backend/Database: Supabase

For the time being I'm only paying for the domain because it hasn't scaled yet, we're at the beginning. If it's successful and many people sign up, there will be higher and higher costs, because Supabase charges you based on traffic.

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Sep 11, 2018
Thank you!

The tech stack is the following:
Frontend: Nextjs hosted on Vercel
Backend/Database: Supabase

For the time being I'm only paying for the domain because it hasn't scaled yet, we're at the beginning. If it's successful and many people sign up, there will be higher and higher costs, because Supabase charges you based on traffic.
Thank you so much for sharing this. I'm working on a SaaS project, and I've been away from backend work for years, so I'm going a bit bananas. I started looking into AWS RDS for the database, but it's quite pricey and I'll probably end up with Supabase as well (just testing it since yesterday). I'll also probably replace my little ExpressJS + Vite server with NextJS because I'm tired of fighting TypeScript configs. I was a bit worried about having to pay for both Vercel and Supabase and end up being as expensive as AWS. Please keep us posted if you hit any limitations with the free tiers (specially on Vercel).

stefanoesposito

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Feb 8, 2019
Naples, Italy
Thank you so much for sharing this. I'm working on a SaaS project, and I've been away from backend work for years, so I'm going a bit bananas. I started looking into AWS RDS for the database, but it's quite pricey and I'll probably end up with Supabase as well (just testing it since yesterday). I'll also probably replace my little ExpressJS + Vite server with NextJS because I'm tired of fighting TypeScript configs. I was a bit worried about having to pay for both Vercel and Supabase and end up being as expensive as AWS. Please keep us posted if you hit any limitations with the free tiers (specially on Vercel).
I'll surely keep you all updated

Anyway, up to this point I have been happy with both Supabase and Vercel, and I'm always more convinced that NextJS is the way to go for modern frontends.

I wish you good luck for your SaaS project!

stefanoesposito

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Feb 8, 2019
Naples, Italy
I have spent the last few days trying to develop a strategy to make the platform known in the right niches.
Here's a short teaser video I created for TikTok, Instagram, YouTube and Facebook.

What I would like to convey to the audience is the ease of use of the web app.

stefanoesposito

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Feb 8, 2019
Naples, Italy
Our compact calendar now speaks YOUR language - all 28 of them, to be precise!

Check out the attached image where we showcase this useful feature with three highlighted examples: Italian, Japanese, and Hindi.

It's a small world after all… ;)

Here's the actual profile: https://www.mygigz.live/stef

Stay tuned!

localized-cal.png

eifesu

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 21, 2021
Neat work, definitely a niche I would’ve never thought of !
I’ll be glad to give a hand with the UI and code if need be.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.