The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

After a year of affiliate marketing I made a grand commission of

Marketing, social media, advertising

Bozigian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Oct 13, 2010
Go to clickbank, research a variety of products. Write down a list of high gravity products. Pick the niche that you know about the most that has the highest gravity.
Research some more.

Go to Google Keywords.
Find the right keyword for your niche and make a website and try to include the keyword in your domain name.

Write like 3-4 articles a day and submit them to top article directories. If you can get your articles accepted to Ezine then great. Their are other articles, like List Of Top 50 Article Directories By Traffic, PageRank
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can become an article writer and freelance on sites like odesk.

Use a website like FreeTypingGame.net - Free typing games online, fun and lesson based keyboarding games including home row! to increase your wpm and write articles faster.

You can also use the webiste above to increase your typing speed and write 4 articles for your website and submit them to high traffic article directories.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe this can help. Go to click bank and research a high gravity program that is about the niche 'make money online'

-Make a website about make money online
-Include your affiliate link on the program you are promoting on your website
-Make thousands of fliers saying make money online and leave a link to your website on the flier.

-When people go to your website, they will see the affiliate program you are promoting.

-Its up to them whether they buy

RichD

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Jun 3, 2011
Illinois
If you are at all serious about making money as an affiliate marketer, you need to commit to two things:

1. Finding highly obscure/specialized niche products to promote.

2. Get REAL GOOD at writing squeeze page copy.

If you get someone to commit to giving you ANY email address nowadays, you KNOW you have some decent lure copy as well as their attention.

Then, if they bite, hopefully the vendor has some kick-a$$ sales copy (maybe doesnt need it if the product is specialized enough) to convert the sale.

But for God's sake, if you are going to go through all the effort to attract even a warm lead, make sure YOU get their VERIFIED email address for YOUR list. NEVER send then directly to the vendor's site because they likely will never have a reason to visit your site again and you did all that work/spent money for nothing.

Lastly, you have to treat it as a BUSINESS and work on it daily. Email your lists with relevant and enticing emails. Get an AUTORESPONDER! Learn how to use it! There are free ones out there.

If you half a$$ it, you'll get two cents per year. Because that is all it'll be worth.

D

DeletedUser2

All Businesses require an investment,
Cash or time

if your putting in time, find out what the most effective leverage is for your time.
if your making 2 cents, you have an ad sense site right?

There are much better ways to make money.

one of the fastest and best ways is to use JV's do some interviews, offer a package, and get all the JV interviews to mail for you.

fast and a quick 6-50K can be made that way.

we did one recently it made a bit over 6K in the first week, just from 1 of the 10 joint venture partners

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
one of the fastest and best ways is to use JV's do some interviews, offer a package, and get all the JV interviews to mail for you.

You may be talking about something else, but webinars are the big thing right now. I've narrowed a few niches down and have thought of launching one myself.

adiakritos

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 30, 2011
omg you guys are freaking awesome.. Thanks for the advice!

There are just so many ideas and ways of making money online... its overwhelming to just choose just one. The reason I've made 2 freaking cents in the past year is because I've literally started like 5 websites I never stuck with.

So now I'm sticking- god damnit- to this site I've started and I'm not gonna budge.

With that out of the way I've now jumped from affiliate marketing to trying to optimize with adsense.

I spent like a week writing an 11 page ad copy for a preworkout supplement and reading through my book Ca$hvertising to make it as effective as possible. I also read through a book called "soft selling in a hard world" to learn something about selling.

After I wrote that I started just writing blog posts. I MJ's book and got to the part about the different types of businesses that one could embark on and then I lost it. Don't have any idea where I put the darn book.

anyways, thats when I started to think bigger. I wanted to design a product to sell for that challenge I found on this forum to make 2k in a month. I was gonna make an ebook to sell to the 'make money online' market, open up an affiliate network and have people sell my stuff for me.

upon reading about some different methods to sell online I came across an article on blogging. I was to late for the 2k challenge and was afraid I'd get distracted from my blog. So I took the advice from the blogging article and started writing at least 1 article per day since then (like 5 days).

Instead of optimizing for my ad copy I started blogging for real. Setting up my google reader with forums and blogs I can post to for backlinks and info in this market. Since then thats all I've been doing. Writing at least 1 article a day and commenting on forums and blogs to build up backlinks.

Then I decided to think about how I can best use adsense in the blog. So I threw up some ads and tried to get them to blend with the site as best I could.

NOW I'm wondering if I should invest in market samurai to optimize for good keywords with low competition and high traffic volume.

Wow I realized I have no idea what I"m doing! lol

Well. so much for "ready fire aim"! Or maybe I'm just doing that wrong haha

Glad I'm stopping to see how the heck I've gotten where I am so I can do something about it.

What am I missing?! How can I stop this madness and buckle down!? I've got the drive. I'm willing to pay the price. I'm willing to work the process for as long and hard as necessary.

RichD

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Jun 3, 2011
Illinois
omg you guys are freaking awesome.. Thanks for the advice!

There are just so many ideas and ways of making money online... its overwhelming to just choose just one. The reason I've made 2 freaking cents in the past year is because I've literally started like 5 websites I never stuck with.

So now I'm sticking- god damnit- to this site I've started and I'm not gonna budge.

What am I missing?! How can I stop this madness and buckle down!? I've got the drive. I'm willing to pay the price. I'm willing to work the process for as long and hard as necessary.

You answered your own question.

Again......

Commit to making a profit from just ONE site within 2 to 4 weeks. DECIDE which ONE you are going to do this with.

Once you decide which ONE you are going to focus on, WRITE DOWN your plan.

1. Make a BRIEF outline.

a. What you want to accomplish (make a profit within 2-4 weeks)

b. What product to promote that is a good NICHE with many product/information-hungry potential buyers

c. Research. Find out as much about the product/info as you can (why do people want/need it. how do these people use it? how often do they use it, etc)

d. Research keywords that you will use in copy and adwords (more on adwords later)

e. DETERMINE where you think these people will most likely be (Twitter, Facebook, Information Forums [like this one], meetup.com groups, Yelp, etc)

2. Set up your sales funnel

a. Create your lead/capture copy. This is what will draw people in once they hit your landing page.

b. WRITE - 1. capture copy 2. several follow up emails - at LEAST 7 (for autoresponder)

c. SET UP landing page w/copy - and autoresponder with follow up emails

d. SET UP adwords account. LOOK online to see if Google is offering any starter promotions ($75 to $100). Determine MINIMUM daily budget. CALL Google Adsense help line. They will help you set up and target keywords.

e. WRITE articles and submit them to article submission sites. The articles do not have to be long, just enough to interest the reader to click through to your landing page.

f. MONITOR your web hits via your cpanel on your hosting provider. SEE where most of your hits are coming from and adjust your focus.

g. KEEP MONITORING and if you have done the above even fairly well (and asssuming you have a good product with a good niche market) you WILL see several sales within 2-4 weeks.

This is not a comprehensive list of all that really needs to be done, but it is a very good way to start and people make money with just doing these few things to the minimum. Do BETTER than most people are willing to do and you'll make more money than most people make.

D

DeletedUser2

You may be talking about something else, but webinars are the big thing right now. I've narrowed a few niches down and have thought of launching one myself.

no webinars
here is the strategty boiled down

we interviewed 10 people in a speciality, (health, and on the sub topic of living longer and staying young longer)

then we did this
1. optin page, with a 2 min video on why you should sign up for a free bottle of avocado oil, and some free info.
2. sales page with a 11 min video on why you should buy these 10 interviews.
3. a thank you page, that had 10 pictures of the people we interviewed, their bios, and a downloadable audio interview

the structure was very simple.

to get sales we did 1 thing.

I made a short 2 min video explaining how to go and get a click bank ID. (most of these people we interviewed never heard of clickbank)

then their clickbank ID --> inserted into 4 emails --> sent them the emails, and asked that they send them out over 6 days. we gave away 75% of the commission to our affiliates as a motivation for sending emails. (price was 27 dollars, we made about 5 bucks per sale)

we ended up collecting about 12% of the email lists

Finally we turned around and emailed out to the new lists 12 different offers straight from clickbank from the health niche.
THIS is where we made the money. since we were an affiliate to other people, with a 75% payout. we made our money here, plus we now have a list.
we can now talk to this list, easy.

longer term, we can now do 1 interview per month, and give it away free, to the interviewers list, swipe part of their list, offer them this product (the 10 interviews) and 12-15 more affiliate products.

there were no webinars, just a simple sales vid. webinars would have been overkill for a 27 product.

adiakritos

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 30, 2011
You answered your own question.

Again......

Commit to making a profit from just ONE site within 2 to 4 weeks. DECIDE which ONE you are going to do this with.

Once you decide which ONE you are going to focus on, WRITE DOWN your plan.

1. Make a BRIEF outline.

a. What you want to accomplish (make a profit within 2-4 weeks)

b. What product to promote that is a good NICHE with many product/information-hungry potential buyers

c. Research. Find out as much about the product/info as you can (why do people want/need it. how do these people use it? how often do they use it, etc)

d. Research keywords that you will use in copy and adwords (more on adwords later)

e. DETERMINE where you think these people will most likely be (Twitter, Facebook, Information Forums [like this one], meetup.com groups, Yelp, etc)

2. Set up your sales funnel

a. Create your lead/capture copy. This is what will draw people in once they hit your landing page.

b. WRITE - 1. capture copy 2. several follow up emails - at LEAST 7 (for autoresponder)

c. SET UP landing page w/copy - and autoresponder with follow up emails

d. SET UP adwords account. LOOK online to see if Google is offering any starter promotions ($75 to $100). Determine MINIMUM daily budget. CALL Google Adsense help line. They will help you set up and target keywords.

e. WRITE articles and submit them to article submission sites. The articles do not have to be long, just enough to interest the reader to click through to your landing page.

f. MONITOR your web hits via your cpanel on your hosting provider. SEE where most of your hits are coming from and adjust your focus.

g. KEEP MONITORING and if you have done the above even fairly well (and asssuming you have a good product with a good niche market) you WILL see several sales within 2-4 weeks.

This is not a comprehensive list of all that really needs to be done, but it is a very good way to start and people make money with just doing these few things to the minimum. Do BETTER than most people are willing to do and you'll make more money than most people make.

Ok, I'm going to do this.

Most definitely.

Thank youuuuuuu =D

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Last edited by a moderator:

adiakritos

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 30, 2011
Just to keep this thread updated... I've gotten up to the point where the Opt-in thing is in place. I'm not really sure what the autoresponder with multiple emails is for... I'm assuming its part of the strategy you've got in mind that I'm not totally aware of. So I just have it to where it sends two emails, the confirmation and then after confirmation my aff link.

So its ready to build a list.

Also, I wrote up a 'lure' of some kind letting the user Opt-in for more information at the end of it.

Now I'm on to setting up my adwords account.

adiakritos

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 30, 2011
Two people opted in last night! Wooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

valuegiver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 18, 2010
You are just parrotting the majority of the people. The truth is the majority is always wrong.

1) High gravity doesn't mean it has the best conversion

Gravity of 100 means that there are 100 affiliates selling the product. If each affiliate sells 1 copy, that makes it 100 sales. However, if there is a product with gravity of 1, and that single affiliate sells 1000 copies... well?

2) All major article directories got slapped by Google Panda.

As you can see, if you follow the ways of the masses, you will get the results of the masses. When everyone is submitting their articles to ezinearticles and the kind, you ought NOT to follow the same strategy.

Go to clickbank, research a variety of products. Write down a list of high gravity products. Pick the niche that you know about the most that has the highest gravity.
Research some more.

Go to Google Keywords.
Find the right keyword for your niche and make a website and try to include the keyword in your domain name.

Write like 3-4 articles a day and submit them to top article directories. If you can get your articles accepted to Ezine then great. Their are other articles, like List Of Top 50 Article Directories By Traffic, PageRank
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can become an article writer and freelance on sites like odesk.

Use a website like FreeTypingGame.net - Free typing games online, fun and lesson based keyboarding games including home row! to increase your wpm and write articles faster.

You can also use the webiste above to increase your typing speed and write 4 articles for your website and submit them to high traffic article directories.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe this can help. Go to click bank and research a high gravity program that is about the niche 'make money online'

-Make a website about make money online
-Include your affiliate link on the program you are promoting on your website
-Make thousands of fliers saying make money online and leave a link to your website on the flier.

-When people go to your website, they will see the affiliate program you are promoting.

-Its up to them whether they buy

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.