The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

amirabbas32

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jun 19, 2022
My journey --->
Hello, I am Amir.
A few months ago I decided to quit my job, at that time I hadn't heard of MJ DeMarco and I hadn't read his books, but I had read other books and I knew that the path I was on the path to work to get paid was wrong, so I launched an online course and quit my job even though I didn't have a clear plan for the future. My training course was not very successful, but it gives me a small amount of income every month.
I continued my studies on finding financial success with the criteria I had in mind until I came across a book that had exactly the answers to my questions.
My job was in the field of IT and networks, but the ideas I had mostly required programming and development, so about 50 days ago, after reading The Millionaire Fastlane , I decided to start learning programming and implementing my idea.
The problem --->
But now, after a few months of unemployment, the pressure of my family and other people in my life has increased and everyone wants to encourage or force me to get a job.
In addition, I am not in a good financial situation and my savings are running out, of course, I can barely cover my expenses with the income from my online course, but there is a lot of risk at the moment because if an unexpected expense occurs, everything will fall apart.
Now my question to you friends is:
My possible solutions --->
  • Do you think I should insist on my beliefs and advance my Fastlane goals with all my strength and time?
  • Or should I have a regular job and continue my journey at a slower speed and with higher security?
  • I also thought about freelancing but at this stage I'm not very professional in coding , and it's also another form of work per hour or work per project and it has it's own risks and also I should struggle with other's beliefs about why you don't get a secure regular job?
More about me -->
For more information, I must say that I am 27 years old and single, and I live with my parents and sisters, and I am responsible for part of the household expenses, but my father is not in good health and physical condition, so the quality of family life in the future depends on decisions. It depends on me.

your idea ???? --> :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Joejordan95

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Sep 12, 2021
U.K
My journey --->
Hello, I am Amir.
A few months ago I decided to quit my job, at that time I hadn't heard of MJ DeMarco and I hadn't read his books, but I had read other books and I knew that the path I was on the path to work to get paid was wrong, so I launched an online course and quit my job even though I didn't have a clear plan for the future. My training course was not very successful, but it gives me a small amount of income every month.
I continued my studies on finding financial success with the criteria I had in mind until I came across a book that had exactly the answers to my questions.
My job was in the field of IT and networks, but the ideas I had mostly required programming and development, so about 50 days ago, after reading The Millionaire Fastlane , I decided to start learning programming and implementing my idea.
The problem --->
But now, after a few months of unemployment, the pressure of my family and other people in my life has increased and everyone wants to encourage or force me to get a job.
In addition, I am not in a good financial situation and my savings are running out, of course, I can barely cover my expenses with the income from my online course, but there is a lot of risk at the moment because if an unexpected expense occurs, everything will fall apart.
  • Do you think I should insist on my beliefs and advance my Fastlane goals with all my strength and time?
  • Or should I have a regular job and continue my journey at a slower speed and with higher security?
  • I also thought about freelancing but at this stage I'm not very professional in coding , and it's also another form of work per hour or work per project and it has it's own risks and also I should struggle with other's beliefs about why you don't get a secure regular job?
More about me -->
For more information, I must say that I am 27 years old and single, and I live with my parents and sisters, and I am responsible for part of the household expenses, but my father is not in good health and physical condition, so the quality of family life in the future depends on decisions. It depends on me.

Do you want to make money bad enough ?

You could get a job but you’re not gonna get paid for a few weeks so it doesn’t really help you now?

(getting a job is not bad just use it as a way of funding your ventures and paying your bills)

What can you do TODAY, TOMORROW, THIS WEEK to get paid?

Remember that our individual preceptions can really narrow what’s available to us so Just because you’re skills are in I.T doesn’t mean you cant go clear someone’s rubbish in the morning and do your courses or whatever you like in the evening.

Maybe check out the unsexy business ideas thread see what you could do

wyattnorton

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 15, 2019
Northern IL & Southeastern WI
It sounds like you're opposed to getting a job, I get it. You had bad past experiences in your realm of work and now you feel a change needs to occur. It seems like entrepreneurship is what you're looking to do.

Let me ask you this, is your pride and ideas about who you "should" be more important than being able to provide for yourself financially, as well as your family?

You're in one of the best industries for entrepreneurship. I do not know where you're from, but if it is the US, remote work for IT and networks.

Have you considered consulting for small companies in your area? What problems did you solve when you worked in IT and networks? Can that translate to consulting for a few hundred or thousand each week?

What was your course on? How much income does it produce for you monthly?

Freelancing does NOT require coding. I could be a freelance consultant for landscaping companies, house flippers, eBayers because I have experience and know more than beginners...

When you read @MJ DeMarco and even most recently his mention of the ME-BIAS.

Is being able to pay and take care of your family, providing some income to them, worth less than you being an entrepreneur???

NO, go get a job, but don't be in the mindset of "This is where I am stuck forever." Realize your job is there to provide a stable income not just for you, but your family! Then build your fastlane vehicle while you work in your job or work for a while (building) and quit again if your family & financially situation improves enough.

I left college a year early because my family could not afford it anymore and I had no inclination to put myself into more debt. It was the best choice for me because I had opportunities lined up to make money.

It is easy to see the success on this forum, social media, etc. and think that you "need" to not have a job. That's bullshit, make some money and figure out how to run your own company while working.

amirabbas32

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jun 19, 2022
Do you want to make money bad enough ?

You could get a job but you’re not gonna get paid for a few weeks so it doesn’t really help you now?

(getting a job is not bad just use it as a way of funding your ventures and paying your bills)

What can you do TODAY, TOMORROW, THIS WEEK to get paid?

Remember that our individual preceptions can really narrow what’s available to us so Just because you’re skills are in I.T doesn’t mean you cant go clear someone’s rubbish in the morning and do your courses or whatever you like in the evening.

Maybe check out the unsexy business ideas thread see what you could do
Thank you so much my friend , You are absolutely right , I shouldn't limit myself to one area.
IT industry by itself is about the down layers of technology, it's about providing the infrastructure which is needed for other apps and services to run .
But end users interact with applications and websites, when you check your email or listen to some music on Spotify you don't care about different wireless technologies or hashing algorithms, you care about the final product and your experience. I'm not saying there aren't any business ideas in the IT industry, But as I said because the main purpose of IT is about providing the infrastructure it means business in this category are high-tech and are harder to get into them . (but as a job it's reverse, you can get hired easier as IT worker or help desk in compare to getting hired as a developer .at least in my country)
And my idea is about a web application. So I am learning programming web applications.
(sorry if my English is not good)

amirabbas32

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jun 19, 2022
Thank you wyattnorton.
I live in Iran, and in my country, you can find freelancing jobs for programming tasks and graphic designs, but not for IT.

Businesses in my country prefer to hire people for IT jobs
, because they need responsibility for their availability and functionality.
and my course was about Powershell Scripting.(also after reading "the millioner fastlane" I noticed I made mistakes in doing that because I've teached something I liked not something which was needed) and It just give me some passive income which is enough only for my expenses but not my family.

So I'll follow my fastline dreams at lower speeds while I'm doing my regular 9-5 job, to be able to provide money for my family and to feed my early business expenses.
Thank you so much my friend , You are absolutely right , I shouldn't limit myself to one area.
IT industry by itself is about the down layers of technology, it's about providing the infrastructure which is needed for other apps and services to run .
But end users interact with applications and websites, when you check your email or listen to some music on Spotify you don't care about different wireless technologies or hashing algorithms, you care about the final product and your experience. I'm not saying there aren't any business ideas in the IT industry, But as I said because the main purpose of IT is about providing the infrastructure it means business in this category are high-tech and are harder to get into them . (but as a job it's reverse, you can get hired easier as IT worker or help desk in compare to getting hired as a developer .at least in my country)
And my idea is about a web application. So I am learning programming web applications.
(sorry if my English is not good)

()
It sounds like you're opposed to getting a job, I get it. You had bad past experiences in your realm of work and now you feel a change needs to occur. It seems like entrepreneurship is what you're looking to do.

Let me ask you this, is your pride and ideas about who you "should" be more important than being able to provide for yourself financially, as well as your family?

You're in one of the best industries for entrepreneurship. I do not know where you're from, but if it is the US, remote work for IT and networks.

Have you considered consulting for small companies in your area? What problems did you solve when you worked in IT and networks? Can that translate to consulting for a few hundred or thousand each week?

What was your course on? How much income does it produce for you monthly?

Freelancing does NOT require coding. I could be a freelance consultant for landscaping companies, house flippers, eBayers because I have experience and know more than beginners...

When you read @MJ DeMarco and even most recently his mention of the ME-BIAS.

Is being able to pay and take care of your family, providing some income to them, worth less than you being an entrepreneur???

NO, go get a job, but don't be in the mindset of "This is where I am stuck forever." Realize your job is there to provide a stable income not just for you, but your family! Then build your fastlane vehicle while you work in your job or work for a while (building) and quit again if your family & financially situation improves enough.

I left college a year early because my family could not afford it anymore and I had no inclination to put myself into more debt. It was the best choice for me because I had opportunities lined up to make money.

It is easy to see the success on this forum, social media, etc. and think that you "need" to not have a job. That's bullshit, make some money and figure out how to run your own company while working.
Thank you wyattnorton.
I live in Iran, and in my country, you can find freelancing jobs for programming tasks and graphic designs, but not for IT.

Businesses in my country prefer to hire people for IT jobs, because they need responsibility for their availability and functionality.
and my course was about Powershell Scripting.(also after reading "the millionaire Fastlane " I noticed I made mistakes in doing that because I've taught something I liked not something which was needed) and It just give me some passive income which is enough only for my expenses but not my family.

So I'll follow my fastline dreams at lower speeds while I'm doing my regular 9-5 job, to be able to provide money for my family and to feed my early business expenses.
(Thanks)

wyattnorton

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 15, 2019
Northern IL & Southeastern WI
I would not say "slower" speeds. Still go fast if you have an idea or hustle to make money. If that means staying up till midnight working on your new business to get it out into the world, so be it.

What I meant is if you have bills and family to take care of, get a job to support yourself and them... AS WELL AS, use the money to fund your fastlane vehicle.

And you made money off of a course you made online!! Not many people can even say they have done that.

So you found out what course DOES NOT SELL and you can make another one at some point with a better understanding of what the market wants.

What services can you sell to businesses? What can you do very well that you could help at least ONE business (or individual) with?

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
My journey --->
Hello, I am Amir.
The problem --->
More about me -->

Do whatever you can to make it possible. No one can give you the right answer here. Obviously you're young and willing to do the work.

Parents will always to project their own control into you because it makes them feel better and sometimes having control over their own children is the only form of control they've ever experienced. They will try to live their life in you. Make some money first either via freelancing, job and your business and move out as soon as you can. That kind of environment is not gonna help you bro. I know it because I've been there. Parents will always(most of them, not everyone) will tell you to be realistic and just be like everybody else.

amirabbas32

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jun 19, 2022
in every situation, I'll follow my dreams, it's not about whether to choose to follow my business ideas or not. The thing is about the headwind from the society around me.
as you said, Of course, I can spend some time and create more and better courses and sell them on the internet to be able to fuel my family expenses and to be able to freely work on my more serious and time-consuming business ideas but they'll insist on their belief on getting a job because of their limiting beliefs and visions.

I also insisted on my beliefs and dreams and I will do. I'll try to use every opportunity to get closer to my goals, but the fact that I took a different path against their beliefs is slowly becoming a tragedy and everyone wants to blame me in some way.
With your guidance, friends, I will accept a regular job for a while so that I can pass this stage and be in a better financial situation and get rid of the psychological pressure of the people around me for a while so that I can focus on my ideas more easily, although I know In a way, I'm paying ransom to the people around me in terms of behaviour, anyway, the conditions are not always perfect and according to my wishes. Therefore, I try to spend minimal time and energy on work and use the rest of my time and energy during office hours and after that at home to advance my goals until my businesses reach relative maturity and becomes a fruitful tree.
And at the same time, I have to try to become independent and distance myself from this toxic environment.
(Although they are good people and try to lead to the best they know, but the best they know is not the best thing in reality, and when I succeed, they will definitely be ashamed of their behaviour and opinions)

I would like to thank all of you for taking the time to help me and caring about my problems, I have used your ideas and experiences a lot, if you have any more comments about this, I would be happy to hear them.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...