The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Paying down some debt before I get started on my Fastlane Journey

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

LoudFlipFlopz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 14, 2024
This place is for people focused on building businesses, and that's why I'm here, too. I went through a tough time when I gave up on caring about my finances and ended up in debt. Deep down, I knew my actions tied me to the system, but I didn't care much.

I read The Millionaire Fastlane in 2011 after a trip to Hawaii, showing how long I've dreamed of being an entrepreneur. Delusionally, I thought I would somehow become an entrepreneur by action faking or just getting older and entrepreneurship smacking me in the face via osmosis.

I'm here, ready to make changes and share my Fastlane journey. I'm open to simple business ideas and small side gigs that have helped others get out of debt. For now, I'll cut expenses and update you on my progress until things get rolling. I'm also decluttering and getting rid of things I don't use.

Working more is challenging due to my two-hour commute and caring for my nine and three-year-old daughters. Still, I'm open to making small changes to keep moving forward. With tax return time coming up, I hope to make a big dent in my debt. I won't let debt be an excuse for not starting my Fastlane as long as it's manageable.

Last night before bed, I decided to delete social media as my first effort to move out of consumerism and become a producer.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bounce Back

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 30, 2023
Florida
Welcome to the forum.

One could note almost the entirety of your post was about debt. Do you really want to be an entrepreneur or do you see it as an escape hatch for fixing your debt problem?

I ask not to be rude but identifying the truth here to yourself can save you a lot of grief, time, and possibly even more money (entrepreneurship is often not free and the resources to grow something will compete for other goals like paying off your debt).

LoudFlipFlopz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 14, 2024
Welcome to the forum.

One could note almost the entirety of your post was about debt. Do you really want to be an entrepreneur or do you see it as an escape hatch for fixing your debt problem?

I ask not to be rude but identifying the truth here to yourself can save you a lot of grief, time, and possibly even more money (entrepreneurship is often not free and the resources to grow something will compete for other goals like paying off your debt).
Hey Bounce Back,
I mostly lived my entire twenties with little to no debt. I really feel that the slow lane lifestyle I got stuck into and taking care of 2 girls, mixed with a bit of depression, got me into the situation I'm in. Entrepreneurship has always interested me; with my three-year-old soon going to school full-time and knocking out some high-interest debt, it would be possible to save some start-up capital.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@LoudFlipFlopz if you set all the negative language and excuses to the side for a moment .....

what is it you want to do? what is your why? what does it look like in 39 months?

LoudFlipFlopz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 14, 2024
@LoudFlipFlopz if you set all the negative language and excuses to the side for a moment .....

what is it you want to do? what is your why? what does it look like in 39 months?
Hey ZCP, thanks for the reply. I wasn't trying to be negative, just truthful. I'm just explaining what got me where I am now. I glanced at your question yesterday. Very thought-provoking. I'm actually having a very hard time answering it at the moment. I'll give myself 48 hours to have a reasonable answer.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
yep. won't be easy. answer will change a lot.

language is key ... part of tony robbins triad!

kr8nt

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Nov 24, 2022
Latvia
This place is for people focused on building businesses, and that's why I'm here, too. I went through a tough time when I gave up on caring about my finances and ended up in debt. Deep down, I knew my actions tied me to the system, but I didn't care much.

I read The Millionaire Fastlane in 2011 after a trip to Hawaii, showing how long I've dreamed of being an entrepreneur. Delusionally, I thought I would somehow become an entrepreneur by action faking or just getting older and entrepreneurship smacking me in the face via osmosis.

I'm here, ready to make changes and share my Fastlane journey. I'm open to simple business ideas and small side gigs that have helped others get out of debt. For now, I'll cut expenses and update you on my progress until things get rolling. I'm also decluttering and getting rid of things I don't use.

Working more is challenging due to my two-hour commute and caring for my nine and three-year-old daughters. Still, I'm open to making small changes to keep moving forward. With tax return time coming up, I hope to make a big dent in my debt. I won't let debt be an excuse for not starting my Fastlane as long as it's manageable.

Last night before bed, I decided to delete social media as my first effort to move out of consumerism and become a producer.
Hi, LoudFlipFlopz, welcome to the forum!

If you really want to get to the Fastlane you need to start making some changes now, don't be ready, take action. Some things you have to accept is that you will need to do the work even when you won't be feeling like it, learn to squeeze the most out of every day and make sacrifices to other parts of your life, especially the ones that require you to spend a lot of time on them.

As you don't have that much time that you can actually use to work, you will need to make sure that the time you do find is used as productively as it can be, which means that you need to be in good health both mentally and physically. This means not eating junk, sleeping well and staying out of negative stuff that will take up space in your mind.

If you do the work consistently and don't give up, you will eventually reach Fastlane. It won't happen in a couple months, but it will happen, so don't worry about this and just stay on the right path by consistently taking action and once in a while doing a little analysis on whether what you are doing is moving you towards reaching the Fastlane or are you simply tricking yourself into thinking that you are making progress when in reality you are not.

In regards ideas and gigs. Provide value to people with the skills that you already have. For example, the specific skill that you are using at your job, if you are good at it, then perfect, use find people who need help that requires this skill and if not, then try to work on improving it. Consider your job as a playground that pays you to improve the skill it requires you to do, which you will later be able to utilize on your own.

Good luck on reaching your goals!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.