A month or so ago I dropped 200 leaflets around my suburb advertising myself as a university student available to perform inexpensive computer support. I got a response of 15 customers at an average of $50/hr with problems ranging from adding a wireless password to cleaning out computers filled with spam/spyware.
I was happy with my initial response considering it only took 1hr and 100 sheets of paper to setup however I am looking to expand. The problem I encountered was that the 15 responses did not all come within a week of the leaflet drop, but instead, most of my customers had put it on their fridge or otherwise till they had a problem (or waited till they had several) crop up.
I am currently looking to increase the scale of my advertising and have come across a lot of web articles not recommending magazine and print ads. I’d be interested to hear about the experiences of fastlane members and any suggestions of ways to more effectively advertise.
A point I noticed was that none of my customers were under 30 and the majority over 40 – the older generations typically have more computers troubles. I’ve been brainstorming a few ideas about golf/bowls/bridge newsletters and feel I would get a higher response rate targeting this demographic.
I was happy with my initial response considering it only took 1hr and 100 sheets of paper to setup however I am looking to expand. The problem I encountered was that the 15 responses did not all come within a week of the leaflet drop, but instead, most of my customers had put it on their fridge or otherwise till they had a problem (or waited till they had several) crop up.
I am currently looking to increase the scale of my advertising and have come across a lot of web articles not recommending magazine and print ads. I’d be interested to hear about the experiences of fastlane members and any suggestions of ways to more effectively advertise.
A point I noticed was that none of my customers were under 30 and the majority over 40 – the older generations typically have more computers troubles. I’ve been brainstorming a few ideas about golf/bowls/bridge newsletters and feel I would get a higher response rate targeting this demographic.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
