The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Accepting Credit Cards from Customers

pgtownsyou

Forge Ahead
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Oct 29, 2013
Minnesota
Does anyone have any good info on how to go about accepting credit cards from customers? Especially offline? At a customer's place of residence? Is there an easy way to go about doing this for a business that's just starting out? Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
Is there not apps that can do this? Im not sure with credit cards imo iv never used one but direct debits etc can be set up using my banking mobile app.

SarahSH

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
May 6, 2014
Kansas
Sage payments has a little device that plugs into your smart phone and works like square or paypal but I think it may be a little cheaper on the %per transaction rate

TJPB

Defy Ordinary
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 9, 2012
Colorado
I have both PayPal Here and PayOS from SecureNet apps on my iPhone with both card readers. Good to have backup if one fails.

7yzy6a5a.jpg

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
There are tons of micro card reader services like square.com out now. For web stuff I use stripe.com, i wish square and stripe would merge already so the merchant processor industry could make a massive move forward.

BeingChewsie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
We have had good luck with Chase and they have mobile checkout and online payment processing options.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FreeMan

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Nov 26, 2012
NSW, Australia
I use the Pay Pad app that integrates with Stripe. It's got a built in credit card 'scanner' that's super accurate. It's under 10 bucks and works well without requiring a card reader.

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
I've been using the paypal cardreader for a while now.

If you download the app - PayHere i think - they ask for an address to send the free cardreader to.

I actually made a dollar getting mine thanks to rebates from tiger direct.

You do get fees, but unless you are doing some serious volume this is pretty insignificant and will benefit your business.

Once you get some real volume going you can shop around.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.