The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Absolutely Amazing Young Athlete

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=00JYgC7pYWs"]YouTube - Young Basketball Phenom[/ame]

Simply amazing. What an athlete...

His work ethic is amazing. And I'm a pretty decent basketball player, but I guarantee that kid would whoop me one-on-one.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

royemunson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Jul 24, 2007
SW Ohio
great video. I used to do all these drills in high school which taught me my work ethic and my discipline - not to mention I became pretty good.

I met a 6 year old at a Xavier U camp in cincy one time that could do ball drills that were harlem globetrotter like.

this brings me to an idea that i've been thinking about...

a social network site for high school and prodigy athletes to post their
resumes and videos for colleges.

i went to a small school and so do many others and am convinced that there's
a lot of unseen talent out there. hell larry bird was small town right?

Joe

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Very inspirational.

I s*ck at hoops, so I really can appreciate what this kid can do.

My jaw hit the floor when I saw his dribbling practice.

But then it just kept getting better-- a soon to be world record holder in the mile?

What an amazing kid.

I wish nothing but the best for him-- especially health and lack of injuries! :hurray:

-Russ H.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
"he does it over and over until it's second nature, until it's like breathing"

hmmm great advice here. If I can make financial analysis for deals "like breathing" I know I will be in a better financial shape.

He is just A M A Z I N G ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
great video. I used to do all these drills in high school which taught me my work ethic and my discipline - not to mention I became pretty good.

I met a 6 year old at a Xavier U camp in cincy one time that could do ball drills that were harlem globetrotter like.

Joe
I've seen some services -- I'm not sure if they were social networks or just scouting registries -- advertised on Facebook and in a few other places that offer a similar service for young athletes. I'm kinda skeptical about most of them, though, but I've still considered signing up for a few (for baseball). Most services like that are expensive, but maybe a social networking site that basically just got athletes' names out there would work? They could post videos and contact info, I guess. Maybe more? There's gotta be a way to keep the information credible, though.

Anyway, good idea! Rep+++

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD

Joe

Very inspirational.

I s*ck at hoops, so I really can appreciate what this kid can do.

My jaw hit the floor when I saw his dribbling practice.

But then it just kept getting better-- a soon to be world record holder in the mile?

What an amazing kid.

I wish nothing but the best for him-- especially health and lack of injuries! :hurray:

-Russ H.

hmmm great advice here. If I can make financial analysis for deals "like breathing" I know I will be in a better financial shape.

He is just A M A Z I N G ! ! ! ! ! ! !
I agree. His work ethic is probably the most impressive part of all of this. If it's true that he really does this ALL on his own, without much pushing from his father, then that is truly, truly amazing.

carlhuber

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jan 31, 2008
NY
Am I being a downer by pointing out that he's one of the shortest kids pictured on the team of fifth graders (near the end of the video)? Not saying his drive and ambition are anything short of amazing but you have to be aware of the realities of your situation. Will he realistically make it, regardless of how good his dribbling skills are?

I know a guy can make a lot of scratch in basketball but I wonder if a kid that fast might be better suited towards lacrosse with ball quick hands and quick feet like that if he doesn't have the height.

Again, not being a downer. I'm just saying two things factor into every success story:
1) ambition, heart, luck, drive
2) reality of resources

I'm 6'3" - doesn't mean I'd make a good basketball player.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Am I being a downer by pointing out that he's one of the shortest kids pictured on the team of fifth graders (near the end of the video)? Not saying his drive and ambition are anything short of amazing but you have to be aware of the realities of your situation. Will he realistically make it, regardless of how good his dribbling skills are?

I know a guy can make a lot of scratch in basketball but I wonder if a kid that fast might be better suited towards lacrosse with ball quick hands and quick feet like that if he doesn't have the height.

Again, not being a downer. I'm just saying two things factor into every success story:
2) reality of resources

I noticed that when I watched the first time, too. However, his strengths are his quickness and his ball-handling skills. Who is the ball-handler? The point-guard, who is the shortest one on the floor 99% of the time.

Even if he only ends up being 5'10", he'll be fine with all of those handles and that quickness. I would understand and agree with your concern if he was dominating at his age down low, but he was small, but I don't think it's that significant for what he would be if he makes it somewhere.

And his dad looked like he was around 6'0", which would be more than okay for an NBA PG.

bigmako

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jan 25, 2008
California

2) reality of resources

I truly enjoy this video! Just goes to show you that these are the next Michael Jordans, Kobe Bryants, and Lebron James.

As for the size issue as stated earlier; did we forget who Spudd Webb was?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I noticed that when I watched the first time, too. However, his strengths are his quickness and his ball-handling skills. Who is the ball-handler? The point-guard, who is the shortest one on the floor 99% of the time.

He's only 9 years old. Growth spurts can happen any time. I'm hope his dad gets him the proper nutrition with all that working out. I was 4'9" my freshman year in high school. :smxF: I'm 5'11" now. whew...

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
BTW, have you guys seen this video?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4ls_MdlSXQ"]YouTube - WonderGirl CARLY Flag Football[/ame]

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Incredible.

I particularly love the slo-mos, when you can see how amazingly agile and nimble she is.

Wow.

-Russ H. (a writer by trade, reduced to a blithering idiot in the presence of such greatness).

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX

Joe

there's a bunch of services like that out there. i've thought of doing something like that as well, except obviously tweaking it so it's different/better than the other services out there for that. haven't really put a lot of thought into it in a while since i've been too busy playing poker, but have some ideas that could make it better than what's out there. if you wanna chat about it hit me up sometime; one of my majors was sports management(business of sports) and a friend and I in the program almost bought into a company who was doing that when we were graduating.

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
He's only 9 years old. Growth spurts can happen any time. I'm hope his dad gets him the proper nutrition with all that working out. I was 4'9" my freshman year in high school. :smxF: I'm 5'11" now. whew...

In 8th grade I was 5'8" and waiting for my growth spurt so I could get to the NBA. I'm now 25 and I'm 5'8".:nonod: Still waiting for that growth spurt to help me get to the pros:thumbsup:

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
Wasn't anyone else creeped out by his dull stare? "Look into my eyes as I mesmerize you with my dexterity..."

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.