The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Abood here with his burning rant.

A post of a ranting nature...

Abood

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 19, 2018
Hi Abood here, born in the middle-east and live currently in India. Radiologist by profession, graduated few months back after 11 years of med school. Currently works 80+ hour a week and on zolpidem for 4 months to bury burning entrepreneur desires.

Have a no-interest loan of 10,000$ from family friends and it will take 4 months to repay if I live on Top Ramen.

Was a pain in the a$$ to my parents until high school, so much so they cry why I was born.

After high school I was fed up with my life and moved to India for a change and a new life, i also decided to do something to make my parents proud of me.

I said I am getting into med school, it was a joke to everyone who heard of it!

During 1st year of med school, same old story -- Got into wrong company and was stoned by Maryjane and stuff like that for about a year.

Got deep into deep shit, that even my friends abandoned me. they called me crazy.

I had a 2400 page book which I used to stare every night. I started reading while stoned gulping page after page till I finished the book in 2 months to see myself completely changed.

My cat, neighbours, colleagues, parents, maid, and even the cockroach in the kitchen couldn't believe it was me and I was 'new myself'. I couldn't believe it. It was magic to me and whoever saw me, it is hard to believe till this date.

Coming to my failed businesses:

I come from a non-business background. Have no idea about money. The ultimate consumer.

I have tried something and failed every single time

During first year of med school: 2007
I saw syringes and oxygen masks all around me..

Something striked me, Went to alibaba.com though I had maybe 10$ in hand at that time, negotiated price for 100k syringes from China for few cents a piece. I called my professor in anatomy who also ran his private clinic to ask him if he is willing to buy my syringes. - He threatened me to stop or will complain to my father.

Result: plan terminated

Second year of med school: 2008

Went to some guy who promised me to give me data entry job - I thought I will make some money, but he gave me peanuts.

Results: Stopped in 1 month.

2014 - After med school - 1

I had 2 tiny books which I was passionate about, It was an offline book. Spoke to the author and got publisher rights - spent nearly 1 month typing the book in some adobe book writing software. and printed the books and gave it to multiple people and bookstores and sent it to people in UK, US, Sweden and many other countries whom I contacted through internet.

Also published it in Kobo, kindle and smashwords

Results - Less than 5 copies sold!

2014 - After med school - 2 My biggest trauma

Started working in a hospital after pressure from family to stop again after 1 year, got married..

Borrowed 5000$ k from a family member and started importing mobile phones from China to India and selling them on ebay.

Used to sell Gold Nokia 8800 niche phones. Buy for 150$ from aliexpress and sell for 400$. Was making good money. Until I made a big mistake of getting into branded stuff and ordered worth 3000$. Government was ruthless on import duty, shipment lost, fedex shoo-d me away when I asked for insurance. On the other side ebay blocked nearly 1000$ dollars asking me some god forsaken invoice

My last hope was the gold nokia phones - after a month, the customs seized my shipment and asked me to pay 40-50+% by over valuing it. I had no money to pay duty - I just gave up.

It was a severe trauma and left me literally crying.

Some hundreds of $$ was left over - gave it to some charity and moved on.

2014 - courier business

I had subscribed for a fancy $$$ ecom website with courier service for the mobile phone business for 1 whole freaking!!! year!!! And I lost my shipment before I could start.

The courier rates were amazingly cheap. Atleast to utilize the 1 year courier subscription. I spammed 100s of ebay sellers offering them courier service, they just had to give me address and name and I would send them to their customers.

Was able to get 5-6 clients, but the business couldn't last more than a few months

2014 - Pregnancy pants
Me and my wife designed a pant which had a provision to open the crotch for vaginal examination without the need to remove the pant or panty. It was supposed to be worn from home during an obstetric visit. Bought some cloths and gave it to a tailor and got it done.

Took the sample to few hospitals - no one had time for me

Result: mission aborted

2015-18 - Got into further studies My MD.

parents took responsibilty for the fees.
My pay was peanuts during MD,Not enough to support myself and my 2 kids, I became a borrowing machine, maybe I even borrowed from the beggar down the road.

2016 - Kindle books
I published 2 books in kindle '20 page books' in 2017 about premature ejaculation and passing an MD resident exam which makes about 10$ a month.

2018 - Read my first entrepreneurship book - RICH DAD POOR DAD
This book was a realization and I learnt a lot. After this book, I have been reading 100s of books on business, entrepreunership, real estate and stuff.

2018 - Android app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.studyassistant.superrevision.free

This is a revision tool which I was using through out my MD to study and revise effectively. had a clunky excel sheet which was made by someone from fiverr.

I hired a developer from upwork to make this app. I spammed quora with 100+ answers in 1 month with a PS link in every answer. Have got 50+ upvotes and 1000/ month views. Not bad for a spam! The app has some good reviews.

Problem: Developer is not giving source code and asking too much money for anything and everything. Road blocked for 2 months.

2018 - Blog - air conditioner blog.

There is a big for market for air conditioners in India during summer and I thought I could make a good commision from amazon affiliate as each order value will be high

There are no other air con blogs in India.. So started it. I have spent nearly 200$ for the posts.
innovatingaircon.com

Not a single person visits my blog - lol

2018 - Cookie business
I once tasted a cookie at home - and boy it was delicious.

I thought I will sell it on amazon - my brother in law was interested to work under me for a fixed salary.

Started making logos, branded, got food license, a company registered.

Problem: The cookie was too delicate to be shipped and my brother in law had my work as his last priority - so lost a lot of $$ and business closed.

2018 - cookie business 2

I didn't want to give up on the cookie business. Contacted few gourmet cookie makers in USA and asked them if they are willing to drop ship.

I ran an etsy shop and FB shop. Tried a lot of marketing stuff, ads etc.. Spent 100+$ No results. No one bought.

Present -

Working a 80 hour a week to repay my loan. Hired a new developer for the app to be built from scratch.

Read MFL and unscripted this week cover to cover- Glad.
Lots of eye opening points I learned. Good work MJ. You are the king, the boss. Thanks for writing the book.

Why do I want to earn money?

Healthcare has become a looting business in India,
Every doctor is corrupt here, Medicine has become very dark, ethics are lost.
People's ailment and sufferings has become an opportunity to earn money.
You will not believe in tier 2 cities - 8 out of 10 births are cesarean deliveries!! where is humanity? where is the noblity of a doctor?

If I start a hospital now - I will have to use the same techniques as others are using to survive the market. I will forced to follow the crowd

Me and my wife are doctors and we would like to open a hospital to give reasonable and good treatment with world class facilities.

How much do I want to earn?
After converting from my currency - It comes to about 7 million $ a day. I have been saying this to close people for a long time.

What will I do with 7 million $ a day?

I will spend it before the next day comes. On hungry, homeless, sick, people. Will build schools and hospitals for the underprivileged. I just wanna spend on people.

I do have a plan to buy a 100k$ house and a toyota corolla for my needs. The maximum desire I have is a used 2010 model BMW X6.

When I say I am gonna make 7M/ day, people laugh at me including myself.

Request/ Message to MJ DeMarco:

I don't know what advice to ask - your book has immensely helped me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Davejemmolly

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Oct 1, 2018
Australia
A lot to digest here mate, but mostly it seems like you have a focus problem, or a ‘get rich quick’ mentality.

With 2 medical degrees between you and your wife, you have access to domain knowledge that most people would kill for.

Narrow your focus to adding serious value in the medical space. If 80% of doctors are indeed corrupt in India, this seems to be an amazing opportunity to offer a service that people can trust.

This is an opportunity not a liability.
Concentrate on proving massive value to your community, the monetary and psychological rewards will soon follow

Abood

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 19, 2018
Thanks for putting effort and time to read and reply. You are right I have a focusing problem.

There is something in me that keeps me away from medicine - the reasonr is 'i dont want to make money through medicine! I dont want to earn from others' syffering

A lot to you adigest here mate, but mostly it seems like you have a focus problem, or a ‘get rich quick’ mentality.

With 2 medical degrees between you and your wife, you have access to domain knowledge that most people would kill for.

Narrow your focus to adding serious value in the medical space. If 80% of doctors are indeed corrupt in India, this seems to be an amazing opportunity to offer a service that people can trust.

Concentrate on proving massive value to your community, the monetary and psychological rewards will soon follow

Abood

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 19, 2018
Thanks for putting effort and time to read and reply. You are right I have a focusing problem.

There is something in me that keeps me away from medicine - the reasonr is 'i dont want to make money through medicine! I dont want to earn from others' suffering.

I dont know if I am wrong or right.

And only for this reason i want money from a different source so that can work purely and unadulterated.

I maybe wrong.. Your opinions are welcome

A lot to you adigest here mate, but mostly it seems like you have a focus problem, or a ‘get rich quick’ mentality.

garyfritz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 16, 2011
Colorado
There is something in me that keeps me away from medicine - the reasonr is 'i dont want to make money through medicine! I dont want to earn from others' suffering.
Try looking at it this way: you AREN'T making money from people's suffering. You're making money from EASING people's suffering. That's a huge difference.

A restaurant doesn't make money from people's starvation - it makes money from giving them a good meal. A teacher doesn't profit from ignorance, but from erasing it.

Look at the GOOD you do with your medical knowledge, not at the medical challenges that drive the need for your expertise. You might find that a lot more fulfilling.

Abood

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 19, 2018
Thanks, You have a good point.

Few others also have suggested the same, I shall give it an consideration.

If I work in the hospital, i am forced into the system. One of my friends a referred a patient to a hospital out of good will. After 1 month a man came to him from the hospital and offered 30k (in my currency) and said this is your referral fee!!
The good running diagnostic centres in cities pay nearly 6-7k $ / day to doctors as referral fee

Do you think the doctors are investigating to treat patients? Maybe. But it is more for the commission!

If I work, I am part of the system

If I start it's a multi million dollar investment.

Try looking at it this way: you AREN'T making money from people's suffering. You're making money from EASING people's suffering. That's a huge difference.

A restaurant doesn't make money from people's starvation - it makes money from giving them a good meal. A teacher doesn't profit from ignorance, but from erasing it.

Look at the GOOD you do with your medical knowledge, not at the medical challenges that drive the need for your expertise. You might find that a lot more fulfilling.

George Appiah

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Aug 16, 2018
Accra, Ghana
There is something in me that keeps me away from medicine - the reasonr is 'i dont want to make money through medicine! I dont want to earn from others' syffering

Wow!

That's a huge mindset landline to unravel. But I'm travelling now and writing this from a tablet, and I don't have much time to delve into this specific issue. Let me hope the more experienced folks here will address this.

Now...

Assuming your present mindset is accurate (it's not) and cannot be changed (it can), there's still a lot of business ideas you could pursue with your knowledge and experience in the medical field... without directly "making money from suffering people" (you probably don't to make money from hungry people either, but I'm sure you dine at restaurants all the time).

What if you focused on preventive medicine... coaching families to prevent common diseases, helping them to handle common health problems at home, and being their "Virtual Doctor" they can call anytime for trusted medical advice -- all for a flat monthly fee?

What if you built an online community publishing well-research and locally-relevant information on healthy living, disease prevention and handling basic and common health issues at home? Build a large community and you can sell preventive books/guides/test kits/, provide "Find a Doctor" appointment booking referring people to healthcare providers (like MJ's Limo referral business, but for healthcare providers), and even sell supplements and other drugs online (subject to local regulations). Take a look at Practo (Your home for health)

What if, instead of just a little diy study assistant for poor students, you offered a full guided online course coaching people to ace their professional medical exams?

I could go on and on and on... without even pausing to think!

Last edited:

Abood

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 19, 2018
Thanks for your thoughts, I will consider them.

Wow!

That's a huge mindset landline to unravel. But I'm travelling now and writing this from a tablet, and I don't have much time to delve into this specific issue. Let me hope the more experienced folks here will address this.

Now...

Assuming your present mindset is accurate (it's not) and cannot be changed (it can), there's still a lot of business ideas you could pursue with your knowledge and experience in the medical field... without directly "making money from suffering people" (you probably don't to make money from hungry people either, but I'm sure you dine at restaurants all the time).

What if you focused on preventive medicine... coaching families to prevent common diseases, helping them to handle common health problems at home, and being their "Virtual Doctor" they can call anytime for trusted medical advice -- all for a flat monthly fee?

What if you built an online community publishing well-research and locally-relevant information on healthy living, disease prevention and handling basic and common health issues at home? Build a large community and you can sell preventive books/guides/test kits/, provide "Find a Doctor" appointment booking referring people to healthcare providers (like MJ's Limo referral business, but for healthcare providers), and even sell supplements and other drugs online (subject to local regulations). Take a look at Practo (Your home for health)

What if, instead of just a little diy study assistant for poor students, you offered a full guided online course coaching people to ace their professional medical exams?

I could go on and on and on... without even pausing to think!

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Hi Abood here, born in the middle-east and live currently in India. Radiologist by profession, graduated few months back after 11 years of med school. Currently works 80+ hour a week and on zolpidem for 4 months to bury burning entrepreneur desires.

Have a no-interest loan of 10,000$ from family friends and it will take 4 months to repay if I live on Top Ramen.

Was a pain in the a$$ to my parents until high school, so much so they cry why I was born.

After high school I was fed up with my life and moved to India for a change and a new life, i also decided to do something to make my parents proud of me.

I said I am getting into med school, it was a joke to everyone who heard of it!

During 1st year of med school, same old story -- Got into wrong company and was stoned by Maryjane and stuff like that for about a year.

Got deep into deep sh*t, that even my friends abandoned me. they called me crazy.

I had a 2400 page book which I used to stare every night. I started reading while stoned gulping page after page till I finished the book in 2 months to see myself completely changed.

My cat, neighbours, colleagues, parents, maid, and even the cockroach in the kitchen couldn't believe it was me and I was 'new myself'. I couldn't believe it. It was magic to me and whoever saw me, it is hard to believe till this date.

Coming to my failed businesses:

I come from a non-business background. Have no idea about money. The ultimate consumer.

I have tried something and failed every single time

During first year of med school: 2007
I saw syringes and oxygen masks all around me..

Something striked me, Went to alibaba.com though I had maybe 10$ in hand at that time, negotiated price for 100k syringes from China for few cents a piece. I called my professor in anatomy who also ran his private clinic to ask him if he is willing to buy my syringes. - He threatened me to stop or will complain to my father.

Result: plan terminated

Second year of med school: 2008

Went to some guy who promised me to give me data entry job - I thought I will make some money, but he gave me peanuts.

Results: Stopped in 1 month.

2014 - After med school - 1

I had 2 tiny books which I was passionate about, It was an offline book. Spoke to the author and got publisher rights - spent nearly 1 month typing the book in some adobe book writing software. and printed the books and gave it to multiple people and bookstores and sent it to people in UK, US, Sweden and many other countries whom I contacted through internet.

Also published it in Kobo, kindle and smashwords

Results - Less than 5 copies sold!

2014 - After med school - 2 My biggest trauma

Started working in a hospital after pressure from family to stop again after 1 year, got married..

Borrowed 5000$ k from a family member and started importing mobile phones from China to India and selling them on ebay.

Used to sell Gold Nokia 8800 niche phones. Buy for 150$ from aliexpress and sell for 400$. Was making good money. Until I made a big mistake of getting into branded stuff and ordered worth 3000$. Government was ruthless on import duty, shipment lost, fedex shoo-d me away when I asked for insurance. On the other side ebay blocked nearly 1000$ dollars asking me some god forsaken invoice

My last hope was the gold nokia phones - after a month, the customs seized my shipment and asked me to pay 40-50+% by over valuing it. I had no money to pay duty - I just gave up.

It was a severe trauma and left me literally crying.

Some hundreds of $$ was left over - gave it to some charity and moved on.

2014 - courier business

I had subscribed for a fancy $$$ ecom website with courier service for the mobile phone business for 1 whole freaking!!! year!!! And I lost my shipment before I could start.

The courier rates were amazingly cheap. Atleast to utilize the 1 year courier subscription. I spammed 100s of ebay sellers offering them courier service, they just had to give me address and name and I would send them to their customers.

Was able to get 5-6 clients, but the business couldn't last more than a few months

2014 - Pregnancy pants
Me and my wife designed a pant which had a provision to open the crotch for vaginal examination without the need to remove the pant or panty. It was supposed to be worn from home during an obstetric visit. Bought some cloths and gave it to a tailor and got it done.

Took the sample to few hospitals - no one had time for me

Result: mission aborted

2015-18 - Got into further studies My MD.

parents took responsibilty for the fees.
My pay was peanuts during MD,Not enough to support myself and my 2 kids, I became a borrowing machine, maybe I even borrowed from the beggar down the road.

2016 - Kindle books
I published 2 books in kindle '20 page books' in 2017 about premature ejaculation and passing an MD resident exam which makes about 10$ a month.

2018 - Read my first entrepreneurship book - RICH DAD POOR DAD
This book was a realization and I learnt a lot. After this book, I have been reading 100s of books on business, entrepreunership, real estate and stuff.

2018 - Android app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.studyassistant.superrevision.free

This is a revision tool which I was using through out my MD to study and revise effectively. had a clunky excel sheet which was made by someone from fiverr.

I hired a developer from upwork to make this app. I spammed quora with 100+ answers in 1 month with a PS link in every answer. Have got 50+ upvotes and 1000/ month views. Not bad for a spam! The app has some good reviews.

Problem: Developer is not giving source code and asking too much money for anything and everything. Road blocked for 2 months.

2018 - Blog - air conditioner blog.

There is a big for market for air conditioners in India during summer and I thought I could make a good commision from amazon affiliate as each order value will be high

There are no other air con blogs in India.. So started it. I have spent nearly 200$ for the posts.
innovatingaircon.com

Not a single person visits my blog - lol

2018 - Cookie business
I once tasted a cookie at home - and boy it was delicious.

I thought I will sell it on amazon - my brother in law was interested to work under me for a fixed salary.

Started making logos, branded, got food license, a company registered.

Problem: The cookie was too delicate to be shipped and my brother in law had my work as his last priority - so lost a lot of $$ and business closed.

2018 - cookie business 2

I didn't want to give up on the cookie business. Contacted few gourmet cookie makers in USA and asked them if they are willing to drop ship.

I ran an etsy shop and FB shop. Tried a lot of marketing stuff, ads etc.. Spent 100+$ No results. No one bought.

Present -

Working a 80 hour a week to repay my loan. Hired a new developer for the app to be built from scratch.

Read MFL and unscripted this week cover to cover- Glad.
Lots of eye opening points I learned. Good work MJ. You are the king, the boss. Thanks for writing the book.

Why do I want to earn money?

Healthcare has become a looting business in India,
Every doctor is corrupt here, Medicine has become very dark, ethics are lost.
People's ailment and sufferings has become an opportunity to earn money.
You will not believe in tier 2 cities - 8 out of 10 births are cesarean deliveries!! where is humanity? where is the noblity of a doctor?

If I start a hospital now - I will have to use the same techniques as others are using to survive the market. I will forced to follow the crowd

Me and my wife are doctors and we would like to open a hospital to give reasonable and good treatment with world class facilities.

How much do I want to earn?
After converting from my currency - It comes to about 7 million $ a day. I have been saying this to close people for a long time.

What will I do with 7 million $ a day?

I will spend it before the next day comes. On hungry, homeless, sick, people. Will build schools and hospitals for the underprivileged. I just wanna spend on people.

I do have a plan to buy a 100k$ house and a toyota corolla for my needs. The maximum desire I have is a used 2010 model BMW X6.

When I say I am gonna make 7M/ day, people laugh at me including myself.

Request/ Message to MJ DeMarco:

I don't know what advice to ask - your book has immensely helped me.
When I was younger, I knew of two twin brothers who became doctors -- actually surgeons. They didn't like practicing, so they invented tools to do operations. They lived off of their patents. Keep going. You have a great education. Use it different from how the med school thought you should.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
If 80% of doctors are indeed corrupt in India,
more like 95% are corupt and rightfully so beacuse the SYSTEM allows for it. Clearly manipulation and extortionism at its finest. Case study, Indian health care system. Government owned and ran hospitals exist but you will most probably die before getting adequate care. Reasoning? Population. Hence the private hospitals used to be lauded for efficiency but what has happened as economics will show, the demand is there no matter what. So the care there as well has dropped becuase of complacency. I wouldnt trust indian healthcare if my life depended on it. Yes there are cases where many americans even go to india for heart transplants because they save a fortune then here, but these are rare exceptions. There is a lot of overhauling that needs to be done in respect to the talented doctors that India develops but also the system and the infrastructure as well. This cannot be done by one individual.

I suggest focusing in on some type of other way coupled with you and your wifes knowledge to promote, and offer the world. Problem is how you would get revenue, because it is unlawful to promote pharmaceuticals etc privately via your own business. Maybe you can come up with something invention wise that will benefit medical systems worldwide.

Abood

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 19, 2018
It's a very good idea. In fact I am in deep thoughts of some instrument that could be inserted into the uterine os during failed labor and pull the baby out! I don't know if it can be done. This will reduce the number of unnecessary surgeries if it works.

For this reason, I am pushing my wife into obstetrics, hope she makes into it.

It needs very careful implementation and execution.

When I was younger, I knew of two twin brothers who became doctors -- actually surgeons. They didn't like practicing, so they invented tools to do operations. They lived off of their patents. Keep going. You have a great education. Use it different from how the med school thought you should.
more like 95% are corupt and rightfully so beacuse the SYSTEM allows for it. Clearly manipulation and extortionism at its finest. Case study, Indian health care system. Government owned and ran hospitals exist but you will most probably die before getting adequate care. Reasoning? Population. Hence the private hospitals used to be lauded for efficiency but what has happened as economics will show, the demand is there no matter what. So the care there as well has dropped becuase of complacency. I wouldnt trust indian healthcare if my life depended on it. Yes there are cases where many americans even go to india for heart transplants because they save a fortune then here, but these are rare exceptions. There is a lot of overhauling that needs to be done in respect to the talented doctors that India develops but also the system and the infrastructure as well. This cannot be done by one individual.

I suggest focusing in on some type of other way coupled with you and your wifes knowledge to promote, and offer the world. Problem is how you would get revenue, because it is unlawful to promote pharmaceuticals etc privately via your own business. Maybe you can come up with something invention wise that will benefit medical systems worldwide.

Abood

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 19, 2018
Thanks for writing, you have written what's in my heart, you are right, it's 95%. Just some time back, my friend called me to his clinic to show me an over-distended gall bladder in a 70 year old woman!

He wanted to report it as cholecystitis.

Honestly, as a radiologist it would be our duty to mention it in the report. But here in India, this ambiguous finding is definitely going to land that old lady into a major unwanted surgery.

I said maybe she is fasting, she doesnt have pain, no fever, no edema. So, Just suggest a follow up in a weeks time to avoid this unnecessary surgery.

You know what he replied? he said, I am gonna get my cut from the surgery! I was so disgusted.
I am disgusted with the entire healthcare system here.

I have an offer from UK for a 6 figure pay, if I work a little hard, I can get into US for a similar pay. But no, I am gonna stay back and fight the system here. Maybe I will go to these places to up my skills, But I will come back and fight the system.

That's the ultimate goal of life.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
I can get into US for a similar pay.
dont bother with the US. complete joke too. Instead of the doctors being corrupt its the insurance companies that will make your life a living hell. Maybe australia or western europe may be better? there are too many issues to even begin dealing with in india....

Abood

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 19, 2018
dont bother with the US. complete joke too. Instead of the doctors being corrupt its the insurance companies that will make your life a living hell. Maybe australia or western europe may be better? there are too many issues to even begin dealing with in india....

Okay, thanks for your input. It really helps.

hydemx

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jul 20, 2018
Hello @Abood and welcome to the forum.

I totally get your point, and the feeling that you want to improve your lifestyle by doing things that you like. Like @Davejemmolly wrote before, don't engage in 'get rich quick' endeavors because you will end either burnt or unsatisfied. Instead of thinking about money, think about value generation and how you're going to get value-vouchers instead of money, just as described in UNSCRIPTED . The easiest way to generate such vouchers is by making people's easier, solving a problem or improving an already existing process.

Good luck, keep up the good work and never give up.

Abood

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 19, 2018
@ hydemx Thanks a lot for your comment.

Indeed, I was blindly doing whatever opportunity I felt was good to have a cash flow. After reading MJ De Marco's book there is a lot of change in my mindset, now I feel confident in achieving my dreams.

I wish I had read all these books 10 years back when I started doing stuff.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Interesting journey, i admit the cookie part made me chuckle.

Welcome to the fastlane forum.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...