The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A UK based starter into fast lane

amzu

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Nov 15, 2020
I started reading the faslane millionaire as a recommendation from a dude in YouTube video who revealed how the con artist millionaire makers do their work. He had all praise for the book. I am in chapter 14 now.
I come from a sidewalk family in suburban India. A family that is portrait as one Sundar Pichai is from and grew to become Google’s boss (I know, he is still paid employee but paid enough to be a person who is in fast lane with slow lane strategy)

I worked my a$$ off in software industry. Got married and worked even more, became mentally broke after some time and left everything in India and moved to the UK with my wife.
Let me tell about my wife, she comes from a fast lane family, she has given me all the knowledge of what MJ is giving, and after 8 years I graduated from sidewalk to slow lane because of her and after 11 years of our marriage, a little daughter and going through many mental agonies by my close relatives like my sis and parents, I now realise what she was telling about the sidewalk and slow lane.

I am now pushing myself to go in fast lane dispute being a lazy person and someone who is born and bought up in sidewalk family and community.

I started a consulting company 8 years back and acted as sole consultant who is paid more but can be booted out any time, so it’s basically an employee thing I was find till last November 2019. This pandemic stopped my business life completely and I realised I need to push myself more and stop being in slow lane.

I am hands on computer programmer amidst the tension of not having money in flow and my savings starting to melt away and card and loan coming to around £50k I decided to create a app and a web site on my own. I built the software based on GCP and AI and became partner with Google to sell it recently, still my father in law asking me if I have got a job, as he is the odd man out in the family as he is from sidewalk. I am planning to monitors my website first I have 3 weeks of work but with family responsibilities I am trying to do as much as I can. It’s not something that will revolutionise anything but it’s something that I believe will give me the freedom @MJ DeMarco shows. Thet is the reason I am not seeking any VC fund and I feel it’s a trap ( has few bad experience can share it is anyone is interested), so bootstrapping myself.
I still have fears, with debt and around £15k with me in bank how I am going to feed my family if I don’t get any income now, so my other side of mind is trying to find a contract WORK.

So here is my aim: get that freedom @MJ DeMarco explains in the fast lane book in 2 years time. I want to be financially independent from anyone or anything in our very old age, I want to leave a legacy in fast lane to my daughter. Oh I forgot to mention, I am 43 years now.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I started reading the faslane millionaire as a recommendation from a dude in YouTube video who revealed how the con artist millionaire makers do their work. He had all praise for the book. I am in chapter 14 now.
I come from a sidewalk family in suburban India. A family that is portrait as one Sundar Pichai is from and grew to become Google’s boss (I know, he is still paid employee but paid enough to be a person who is in fast lane with slow lane strategy)

I worked my a$$ off in software industry. Got married and worked even more, became mentally broke after some time and left everything in India and moved to the UK with my wife.
Let me tell about my wife, she comes from a fast lane family, she has given me all the knowledge of what MJ is giving, and after 8 years I graduated from sidewalk to slow lane because of her and after 11 years of our marriage, a little daughter and going through many mental agonies by my close relatives like my sis and parents, I now realise what she was telling about the sidewalk and slow lane.

I am now pushing myself to go in fast lane dispute being a lazy person and someone who is born and bought up in sidewalk family and community.

I started a consulting company 8 years back and acted as sole consultant who is paid more but can be booted out any time, so it’s basically an employee thing I was find till last November 2019. This pandemic stopped my business life completely and I realised I need to push myself more and stop being in slow lane.

I am hands on computer programmer amidst the tension of not having money in flow and my savings starting to melt away and card and loan coming to around £50k I decided to create a app and a web site on my own. I built the software based on GCP and AI and became partner with Google to sell it recently, still my father in law asking me if I have got a job, as he is the odd man out in the family as he is from sidewalk. I am planning to monitors my website first I have 3 weeks of work but with family responsibilities I am trying to do as much as I can. It’s not something that will revolutionise anything but it’s something that I believe will give me the freedom @MJ DeMarco shows. Thet is the reason I am not seeking any VC fund and I feel it’s a trap ( has few bad experience can share it is anyone is interested), so bootstrapping myself.
I still have fears, with debt and around £15k with me in bank how I am going to feed my family if I don’t get any income now, so my other side of mind is trying to find a contract WORK.

So here is my aim: get that freedom @MJ DeMarco explains in the fast lane book in 2 years time. I want to be financially independent from anyone or anything in our very old age, I want to leave a legacy in fast lane to my daughter. Oh I forgot to mention, I am 43 years now.
I used to be an IT Contractor in the UK, many moons ago. How is the market holding up for contracts at the moment?

amzu

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Nov 15, 2020
I used to be an IT Contractor in the UK, many moons ago. How is the market holding up for contracts at the moment?
It’s almost a year now, Not much is left, contracting is almost dead now due to new ir35 reforms. There are some govt contracts but too little for too many contractors available. I got interviewed for contract now and then and almost all are put on hold due to pandemic. But I am not bothered now. Even though I keep my eye on it to earn something to keep my life going (not in any work or contract for a year, spent last 1 year developing a product and gained google cloud partnership with that) I want to spend my time to fast forward now.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...