Hi guys and greetings from beautiful Switzerland! I'm currently reading the Millionaire Fastlane and would really like to read from your experiences and discuss/learn about the way to financial freedom.
I'm a 25 year old industrial mechanic. ( Polymechaniker – Wikipedia ) In Switzerland the profession is called "Polymechaniker". We do all sorts of manufacturing like turning, milling and assembly.
I spent a large amount of my childhood on my grandpa's ranch and grew up between the animals, woods, traktors, engines etc. I like all sorts of technical things such as cars, computers, watches etc.
I'm coming from the "lower" middle class. When I was a kid I saw firsthand how my father struggled with his finances to provide for the family, ending in taking a job he didn't like and some depression till his retirement. I remember how we never really had any reserves. Every Car repair,Tax,Health Insurance or anything else was a major problem. Leading to taking credits from the bank or leasing a car because he couldn't afford to fix the old one and the dealer would somehow make it work. Of course a vacation was something I only knew from the stories my friends told me in school. When I startet my apprenticeship I swore to myself that I never would let something like that happen to me again, never!
Today I work at a company that manufactures farming machines and through saving and and a little bit of investing I have now put some money aside that I don't have to worry about a car repair bill. I always wanted to start a business and learn more about wealth and money and that's how I landet here.
I wish you all a very successful 2023!
huntsman
I'm a 25 year old industrial mechanic. ( Polymechaniker – Wikipedia ) In Switzerland the profession is called "Polymechaniker". We do all sorts of manufacturing like turning, milling and assembly.
I spent a large amount of my childhood on my grandpa's ranch and grew up between the animals, woods, traktors, engines etc. I like all sorts of technical things such as cars, computers, watches etc.
I'm coming from the "lower" middle class. When I was a kid I saw firsthand how my father struggled with his finances to provide for the family, ending in taking a job he didn't like and some depression till his retirement. I remember how we never really had any reserves. Every Car repair,Tax,Health Insurance or anything else was a major problem. Leading to taking credits from the bank or leasing a car because he couldn't afford to fix the old one and the dealer would somehow make it work. Of course a vacation was something I only knew from the stories my friends told me in school. When I startet my apprenticeship I swore to myself that I never would let something like that happen to me again, never!
Today I work at a company that manufactures farming machines and through saving and and a little bit of investing I have now put some money aside that I don't have to worry about a car repair bill. I always wanted to start a business and learn more about wealth and money and that's how I landet here.
I wish you all a very successful 2023!
huntsman
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
