The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A massive HELLO from Greece!

bilkar1985

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Sep 4, 2018
Greece
Hello world, hello people!

I am very happy to be here with you! It is not the first time I visit these forums, but now I decided I should enter and stay (hope you don't mind hehe).

I read your posts and have to say I'm amazed! A special thanks to @mj, as without him, none of this would have been materialised. Also a big THANK YOU to all contributors all these years, as you also have a great share in this.

Although I want to write more about myself during the weekend, I will say 1-2 things about me, now that I am here and feel like..home!

My name is Vasilis (friends call me Bill, whatever you like) and I live in Greece. I am 33 years old, holder of 2 MScs' (yeah it sucks), married with one daughter and hopefully a boy on the way :):hilarious:.

The reason I joined these forums is that (as most of those who do join) I don't like the state I am in right now, financially speaking always. Although both of us (me and my wife) work FT, due to the current situation in Greece, it is hard to even save something for the hard times and put it on the side.

For years now I have tried almost everything: stocks, fx, even betting hehehe. The only thing I haven't tried yet is (what else?) to create job(s).

Although I read books about leadership, finance, even business and will continue reading until I close my eyes, I wanted to be part of this, a place where I can "chat" and exchange opinions with peple who are either sick of the rat race like me or have managed to built something and have gotten out of it.

One of my "failures" until this day is not only my "chickenness", but also not being able to find a mentor and someone I can trust, especially in these hard times for my country and the greek economy.

I thank you for your time.

Best Regards,
Bill

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard!

bilkar1985

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Sep 4, 2018
Greece
Just a quick one, as here in Greece it is Saturday 2:00am and as said, Friday and Saturday nights especially are an opportunity to relax and clear your mind reading a book.
MJ, I have read many many many maaaaany books in my life (33 years)..1BSc, 2MScs, several "enhancement" seminars and reading lists, reading on my own, having read all Kiyosaki books, having read Stockmarket books, having read fx books, having read Felix Dennis (describes the lanes, especially how he got on the fastlane from the pavement, but in a more fairytalish style and it was a good read too I have to say)..now..you MJ are mindf*cking me right now in the middle of the night..I am reading "The Millionaire Fastlane " and it's like I built a world brick by brick and come down with your lavish bulldozer, flashing all kind of lights and tearing the little hut down, screaming and laughing DanBlizerian style..
I have it all wrong..I knew something was not right..a voice within me screamed all these years and I just couldn't hear it..
While I was a kid (age 9) I was on the right track (at least when questioned):
Dad:Son, what do you want to be when you grow up?
Me:I want to have money and not having to wake up early like you do.
Dad:No, tell what do you really want to do?
Me:I just did..
And everyone thought I was crazy and lazy..that I didn't understand and couldn't see
Went to (private) school, the time (age 15) comes to choose:
Dad: Son, you are grown up, what do you want to do? Do you want to join the public sector and live an easy, less stressful life, safe and sound? Month comes, month goes out..PAYCHECK!
Me: I don't want your paycheck. I want to have my business, be boss of my own and have others work for me..I want to have money and not having to wake up early like you do. I want to enjoy life. I want to play football and go skiing whenever I want to and not whenever someone allows me to.
Dad: No, tell what do you really want to do?
Me: I just did..
Went to university and another uni (London) and another uni(Finance, Athens, Greece) and all this sh*t, and now at my job I have clients that are 5 years younger and drive Merc. GLAs.
I have my boss aged 80, who won't let go, changes cars every 2-3 years and at the same time tells the staff that not only they can't get a raise (some of them are extremely poor), but that they are lucky to have a job, lucky to get paid minimum wage, lucky to be paid at all and lucky to get paid on time. He also tells them that sales were worse than last years':smile2: and that they will be lucky if they continue to work for him.
The worst part is my boss "just" finished school in his youth and went to create his company and I work for him (or at least joined the business) in order to learn how to create wealth..turns out he minds his pockets and only his..money is power and power is money..I take orders from a douchebag remnant, who the only thing he does is giving orders. Quite everything I have said and proposed that would do good for the company, it turns out it was right 1-2 years later. He then takes it and tells everyone that it was his thoughts and ideas (it's his company after all).
Oh yes, I got it wrong..time to get it right..

P.S.: mindf*ck won't stop..I bought also Unscripted the same day from Amazon :cool::rofl:

Last edited:

bilkar1985

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Sep 4, 2018
Greece
Have a great week and a great month everyone!

Quick update: I have about 60 pages left in Unscripted to finish. I think that for both books one read is NOT enough though.

I also want to order this week another 9 books;
-1001 Ways to Reward Employees by Bob Nelson
-The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results by Gary Keller
-Not Everyone Gets A Trophy: How to Manage the Millennials by Bruce Tulgan
-Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones by James Clear
-59 Seconds: Change Your Life in Under a Minute by Richard Wiseman
-The Obstacle Is the Way: The Timeless Art of Turning Trials into Triumph by Ryan Holiday -Ego Is the Enemy by Ryan Holiday
-The Daily Stoic: 366 Meditations on Wisdom, Perseverance, and the Art of Living by Ryan Holiday
-6 Months to 6 Figures by Peter Voogd

And the ninth book will be "The Miracle Morning", but I still don't know which one of all.
I plan to read 1 every 2-3 weeks, reading time 1-2 hours per day.

I also do NOT want to spend my time reading only and stay a wantrepreneur.
I plan to start my own business within the coming 2-3 months.
I want that the coming year "finds" me with my own business in hands, in order to leave my full time job within 2019, hopefully December 2018 will be my last month ever as an employee.
I keep fingers crossed, although luck comes along with working you a$$ off and not waiting for it the whole day in the couch. Everyday, I think of at least 3 ideas that stem from problems/needs everyday people might have. Goal is to take one of those and build on it. Act, Assess, Adjust (and fail again and again).:innocent: :halo::cool:

P.s.: too many I's, sorry for that!

D

Deleted58089

Hello bilkar1985,nice to meet you. I am also from Greece. Are there any other Greeks in this forum? We could arrange a meeting and talk about our ideas. First of all,is it really this necessary to read all this kind of books?
NOTABLE! - The absolute BEST book you MUST read!
Second, are you thinking about a service company? What kind of problems do you focus on solving? Also would you consider registering a company in Greece or somewhere else? UK or Cyprus?

kkompoti

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jul 23, 2016
Greece
Second, are you thinking about a service company? What kind of problems do you focus on solving? Also would you consider registering a company in Greece or somewhere else? UK or Cyprus?

hello from Greece too!
welcome to the forum!

start adding value to the forum!
after that all your questions will be answered.

Last edited:

bilkar1985

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Sep 4, 2018
Greece
Hello bilkar1985,nice to meet you. I am also from Greece. Are there any other Greeks in this forum? We could arrange a meeting and talk about our ideas. First of all,is it really this necessary to read all this kind of books?
NOTABLE! - The absolute BEST book you MUST read!

hello fmob007! No, it is not necessary, but IMO reading books keeps your mind opened and working all the time. I don't need to read any more books for now, I have read many and it is more than enough. For me it is time to work; work less in scripted scenario and towards the unscripted scenario of life.

Nice to meet you and I am sure that a meeting in Greece would be very nice and helpful; exchange ideas, opinions etc. We should always keep in mind that ACTION (Act, Assess, Adjust) is much more needed for now and I am writing this much more for me to see it and read it again and again, more than for anyone else. [emoji23][emoji120][emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bilkar1985

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Sep 4, 2018
Greece
Now that I have read both books, TMF and UNSCRIPTED (not devoured, digested and ehem yes that :blush:, but read it), I have questions that need answers.

I don't fully understand p.293-294, as well as 378 (REIT and MLP) and 380 (Managed distributions). I will reread both of them in the next 2 days to write a formal question here, but whoever wants to help is of course free to do so. Thanks and thanks again MJ for both eye and mind opening books! Cheers to the 3rd (hope there will be one! :cool:)!

:clap:::thumbsup:

bilkar1985

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Sep 4, 2018
Greece
I just wanted you to know, that I just bought "Fastlane INSIDERS" subscription. Although it may not seem so, I see it as a great step forward and can't wait to see myself in a year's time from now.

I feel that change is about to happen as I write this from my 9-5 (still), thinking how shitty it is working for someone else and waiting for his approval for everything and making money for him for your monthly dose of "money".

I hate waking up tired, I hate telling my kid I got to go to work, I hate waiting for the "magic-paycheck date.

F*ck YOU 9-5, I HATE you more than anything!

Hail hail TFLF and MJ!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...