The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A marketing idea that I'm scared of

Marketing, social media, advertising

klix

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Nov 20, 2011
I've been pounding my head thinking how am I gonna promote my product. It's a physical product that most men in the world could use.

I've made prototypes / at home versions of it, and have been trying to sell them (unsuccessfully.)

Just this morning I was kinda depressed on how am I gonna sell this shit? I've come so far, I just need to sell one. I can't give up without selling one, and I've been feeling desperate.

You might accuse me of having bipolar or whatever, but I don't think so, I'm making this post to highlight the emotional rollercoasters entrepreneurialism is known for.

I have a marketing idea I am scared / excited of because of the demand it likely will generate. I can feel it in my bones, I have never felt this way about a marketing idea before. I am worried about how am I going to fulfill all the orders. I don't have any idea on who I'm going to use to manufacture this.

Pretty ballsy to make this post... we'll see how it goes.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AppleCider

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Nov 27, 2022
Are you going to sell the products before the products are manufactured, or are you going to sell products that you made at home like the prototypes? To whom have you tried to sell the product so far and how did you market your product to them?

Edited to add: I find that if I "feel something in my bones" and it doesn't come to fruition, I'm disappointed. If I treat it as though I'm indifferent and go through the motions, I'm more level-headed and objective when judging the products and the outcomes. Feel it in your bones that you have the ability to weather whatever outcome happens and that you can continue forward.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
I have a marketing idea I am scared / excited of because of the demand it likely will generate.
Why scared? Why not excited?
I've made prototypes / at home versions of it, and have been trying to sell them (unsuccessfully.)
That sounds troubling. If the idea is so great, why have you had trouble selling it?

This forum is littered with people who thought the market would need something and then found out it didn't (myself included). So make sure this product will sell before you pour money into manufacturing and all the other costs that come with that.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.