The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A life Ends at Age 58

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
Tim Russert Died at age 58 while preparing for work.

Life is fragile.

What will you do with your time today?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

howard_two

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Apr 16, 2008
Tim Russert Died at age 58 while preparing for work.

Life is fragile.

What will you do with your time today?

It's sad...I read it two hours ago on Reddit. It's sad he's not going to see the end of this election year. He was so passionate about it.

I always liked the way he questioned Politicians and put them on the spot. His interview with Cheney before and after the war is a classic of good reporting.

australianinvestor

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Aug 4, 2007
Australia
Reminds me of a friend's Dad... Died of a heart attack while killing some time playing solitaire on his computer before he left for his taxi driving job.

There's a song I keep listening to over the past few weeks which sums this up for me:

"I'm outta time and all I got is four minutes [...] If I die tonight, at least I can say I did what I wanted to do... Tell me, how 'bout you?"

Daniel.

Banthaman

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 15, 2008
Earth... yes that is specific
I think the real questions are, did he die doing what he loved, did he leave any regrets behind? I for one am one who likes to stay busy but know my priorities. Could he have done more? Thats a question everyone needs ask themselves everyday. I remember a song I liked from Jakie Velásquez ( I believe that's her name anyway) "You've got to live every moment as though it was your last" Thing is if you shoot for no regrets you'll never make it, but you will be as close as you'll ever get. I see more legacy than regret (though I don't really know him), I just hope at my life's end to have the same.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Merkin Man

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jul 25, 2007
Williamsville, NY
As a fellow Buffalonian, hearing of Tim Russert's passing is like hearing of a childhood buddy passing away who you haven't spoken to in a few years. There is a closeness I feel even though I never met the man. Having recently lived in South Buffalo for a couple of years following my divorce, Tim is as big a Buffalo icon as there is. I was actually living around the block from where he grew up.

His devotion to family and his core life values were lessons for all of us to live by.

ATW, you're so right - life is so very fragile. Yet so many of us coast along through life with a feeling of invincibility. It could all end in an instant.

God Bless Tim. Rest in peace.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.