The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A La Mode is officially in business!

sdeleon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 8, 2011
Hi MJ!

I hope that you had a wonderful New Year! Again, I want to thank you for sharing with myself and many people here your story because it made me realize that I don't have to retire old. I want to enjoy what life has to offer now and while I am young!

You told me to reach out to you when we are live and taking orders. I am excited to let you know that we are now taking pre-orders starting today and will start shipping in February, www.petitealamode.com is officially in business.:hurray:

I'm excited and hopeful for sure. I made a commitment that no matter what happens fast lane is the only lane I am taking. I have everything at stake now with this business and there is no turning back.

I hope you can help us by promoting it on facebook and twitter. Thank you!

Regards,
Sheryl

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
The site looks really good. Professional. Nice work!
Suggestion - add more models in the collection pages, like the brunette from the home page.

s_sherrell

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Oct 26, 2011
Chicago
A great looking site for sure. I really think you are going to do well. I like how you are focusing a sub-niche within a niche; being 'professional petite clothes'. Can you tell us (briefly) how you are driving traffic? BTW, hopefully I can hit you up for an article for my magazine in a couple months to discuss your success...

BeachBoy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Jul 12, 2011
more pics of the brunette! :)

great looking site. I would not open the blog in another window though

deepestblue

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 11, 2011
Arizona
Nice site and it's cool that you took us all up on the suggestion of adding a box for email subs - your traffic will exponentially multiply with regular followup to your subscribers. If I may add a suggestion to give users a compelling reason to sign up, maybe a specific coupon, such as a % off of their first order. Once they are in your email system you can continually email on a regular basis to talk about info that is valuable to them as well as to invite them back to your site for sales, etc. Nice looking site.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
CONGRATS! Way to take action.. looking good.

From here on out, it's all about traffic!

Tip: Add a favicon. It'll give the icing on the cake for design..

911Carrera

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Aug 1, 2011
Very nice , professional looking site. I smell success here. Good luck.

sdeleon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 8, 2011
Hi James,

You are absolutely right. I will look into that. Thank you for the advice~ Need to bring in that traffic for sure!

CONGRATS! Way to take action.. looking good.

From here on out, it's all about traffic!

Tip: Add a favicon. It'll give the icing on the cake for design..

sdeleon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 8, 2011
Nice site and it's cool that you took us all up on the suggestion of adding a box for email subs - your traffic will exponentially multiply with regular followup to your subscribers. If I may add a suggestion to give users a compelling reason to sign up, maybe a specific coupon, such as a % off of their first order. Once they are in your email system you can continually email on a regular basis to talk about info that is valuable to them as well as to invite them back to your site for sales, etc. Nice looking site.

I will definitely do that as well. I am always open for suggestions and really appreciate another helpful one. Thank you!

sdeleon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 8, 2011
A great looking site for sure. I really think you are going to do well. I like how you are focusing a sub-niche within a niche; being 'professional petite clothes'. Can you tell us (briefly) how you are driving traffic? BTW, hopefully I can hit you up for an article for my magazine in a couple months to discuss your success...

Hi Sherrell,

I definitely have a passion for petite women being 5'1" and surround by petite women all my life. I really want to dedicate and hopefully grow this line. Regarding traffic, we will determine which tools will work for us best that will also help us utilize the social networks (facebook, twitter, linked in) and track our progress. We can talk about your magazine in a few months, that sounds great. Thank you.

sdeleon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 8, 2011
The site looks really good. Professional. Nice work!
Suggestion - add more models in the collection pages, like the brunette from the home page.

Will plan on it, with our new collection:)

FSF

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 2, 2012
I love the site and the clothes! Wish I were shorter :)

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
One thing I noticed is that your all black dresses and what not are very hard to see in detail with the grey background, I would try and use a white or something that will help people see them in detail. Keep in mind my computer uses a 32 inch tv as a monitor so if I cant see it, neither can anyone else.

WBoone

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Nov 20, 2011
awsome i love the angle yoiu are taking with it. You have some hefty competition for stuff like "petite womens clothing" but i think you distinguishing yourself nicely by focusing on business attire.

sdeleon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 8, 2011
One thing I noticed is that your all black dresses and what not are very hard to see in detail with the grey background, I would try and use a white or something that will help people see them in detail. Keep in mind my computer uses a 32 inch tv as a monitor so if I cant see it, neither can anyone else.

With the spring and summer approaching, I'll make sure to use lighter colors:) thank you!

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Just curious as to why the homepage goes to /merchant2

Also, for the blog you should get off of tumblr and go with something like blog.petitealamode.com.

Other than that it looks good!

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Congrats on launching. I agree, the site looks pretty good.

I am more intrigued by the logistics and how you are running the business.

I noticed you mentioned "us" and "we" so I assume you have at least one partner.
How's the business being run?

Are you designing and manufacturing in the US?

Are you keeping a small inventory of each line?

Again, congrats on your launch and best wishes for you and your company!

BJProducer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jan 2, 2012
Hesperia, CA
Beautiful & clean site... easy to navigate. I will definitely tweet about it. I'm not Ashton Kutcher, but every little bit helps right?

I wish you continued success on your endeavor!

BJProducer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jan 2, 2012
Hesperia, CA
Just tweeted your @profile to my follower base AND became a follower myself! I'm @j_ammo if you get a chance to follow back. Looking forward to seeing how things progress for you!

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
congrats! I think it would help if you encouraged your customers to send you video testimonials. Easy to do these days w/ smart phone video.

solyarik

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 2, 2011
Congratulations!

Do you mind sharing the amount (broadly) required for the website design?

sdeleon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 8, 2011
Congrats on launching. I agree, the site looks pretty good.

I am more intrigued by the logistics and how you are running the business.

I noticed you mentioned "us" and "we" so I assume you have at least one partner.
How's the business being run?
It is being run with a business partner. We have formed an LLC.

Are you designing and manufacturing in the US?
Designing both here in the US and a using a designer from the Philippines.
Manufacturing from the Philippines since it's too expensive to manufacture here in the US. I have looked into it.

Are you keeping a small inventory of each line?
Yes. We want to focus on customer service from the very beginning so we decided to have a small inventory so that we can send it to our customers right away.

Again, congrats on your launch and best wishes for you and your company!
Thank you and please share and let all the ladies you know that are 5'5" and under!:smug2:

sdeleon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 8, 2011
Just tweeted your @profile to my follower base AND became a follower myself! I'm @j_ammo if you get a chance to follow back. Looking forward to seeing how things progress for you!

Hi BJ! Thank you! Will make sure to do the same! :smxB: so @j_ammo is your tweeter account name? Just want to make sure.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.