The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A Goal A Day

Redshft

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 5, 2007
Greenville, NC
My goal??

To one day say, "Ahhh honey, do we HAVE to take the Lamborghini out to dinner? That means I have to move the Rolls Royce, the Ford GT, The 3 Porsche GT3 RS's, AND the F430. We can take the Shelby Cobra and and all I have to move is the 612 Scagliette and the Rolls. Plus it has a full tank of gas 'cause I never drive it anyway!!"

5841032_lg.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AndrewG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Nov 3, 2007
Snowmobiling, looks like a lot of fun!

snowmobile.jpg

This is the resort I'm staying at when I go to Disney World:
WildernessLodgecopy.jpg

2001DisneyFtWilderness.jpg

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Re: a DREAM a day

I feel really weird reading this thread.

I've stayed in the Wilderness Lodge a few times (photo above).

I stayed at the Grand Floridian on New Years Eve 2000, to ring in the new millenium. Spent the day in Epcot, then watched fireworks from 4 different parks from our hotel room. Amazing.

I've stayed in a client's home on the shores of Lake Tahoe (2 different clients), sometimes for work, sometimes just for fun. Had a blast using their PWCs (sit down jetskis), and met Ray Dolby (father of Dolby Surround Sound) in the middle of the lake one day. Very cool.

I've hiked live glaciers (dropped down into the middle of 50,000 year old blue ice by helicopter).

I've stayed on a luxury yacht overnight on a fjord, and awoke to (no lie) 27 waterfalls more than 1000' tall-- and that was just the ones I could count from my BED (there were more when I got up on deck).

I've spent year after year going to Paris and walking the Champs Ellyeses, from the Arch de Triumph to the Tuilleries and the Louvre (I love Paris).

Worked with Lucasfilm (ate lunch several times w/George at the next table to me), Dolby Labs, and Disney. Didn't work *for* them-- they hired me as a consultant for things.

I've lived in the wine country for the past 12 years-- much of that in nice houses overlooking the vineyards.

I've owned more than 30 cars (Porsches, MBZ's, a BMW, others; currently own 7 cars). Many of them were classics (and yes, a few junkers!).

I've traveled the world, been to more than 40 states and 30 countries on 6 continents.

I spent 20 years going to Vegas for business once a year. Never liked Vegas, but loved hanging with my friends.

My best friend and I took 2 months off and went on a Route 66/CA Hwy 1 trip in 2000. Did it in a Mustang convertible. Took a side trip to the Grand Canyon and stayed in a hotel overlooking the rim. Awesome, in the true sense of that word.

I could go on, but you get the point.

Thing is: I did ALL of these things *before* I was a millionaire.

Figured out how to do them without busting the bank.

Went to Paris once a year when airfare was less than $400-- and stayed at a great hotel that was about $55 a night (back when the dollar was worth a lot more).

Went to New Zealand and Australia as part of a business trip, where my flight was paid for by the people who were bringing me over. So I spent a month in Oz and NZ, 3 days of which I taught classes and met some amazing people.

I guess my point is:

You can achieve your dreams NOW.

-Russ H.

AndrewG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Nov 3, 2007
Yeah, you're right. Many of these goals can be achieved before becoming a millionaire but my dreams and goals will be rewards for working hard. I had a chance to go to Disney World in February but I turned it down because I want to keep it as one of my goals so that I can stay on my path.

tbsells

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 27, 2007
Ohio
AndrewG, welcome to the board - good topic so Ill knock you out of parking...

I've owned two Vipers -- here is one of them:
DSC00103.jpg

My immediate goals:

1) Get my blog/website up.
2) Finish the book which as you can see below, is EMPTY!!

book_open-6.jpg

MJ, I'm pretty sure THAT book has already been written! Are you working on a translation?? Forgive me, I'm just being a smartass.

JesseO

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 25, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
MJ, I'm pretty sure THAT book has already been written! Are you working on a translation?? Forgive me, I'm just being a smartass.

You know, I was gonna mention that I already have that book sitting on my coffee table :p It came with text in it though :smx4: Keeping up with what this thread is about...I want to be able to afford to play like these guys:

View attachment 310

AndrewG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Nov 3, 2007
I always thought it would be cool to have a soda fountain in my kitchen or maybe a 50's style ice cream shop in my house:

3388.jpg

or even a Slurpee machine:

319157.jpg

I have some interesting goals.

AndrewG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Nov 3, 2007
Nice pond for my backyard:

Water%20Garden%201.jpg

A huge dinning room table so that all of my family can sit together on holidays and for parties.

PicForNewsletterNZTreeTopsApril2006DiningRoomTable.JPG

AndrewG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Nov 3, 2007
I guess I'm the only one who likes this thread. :smx4:

Would love to go sandboarding and buggy racing on some sand dunes:
sahara-desert-sand-dune.jpg

Airboating on the Everglades:
florida-everglades.jpg

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Russ, I was going to call you out a bit on your post until I got to the last part, excellent reply!

AndrewG, I think you would love the book called "Four Hour Work Week" by Tim Ferriss. I believe it will help you distinguish between what you really want and what you think you "need".

There is a great post by Russ I believe about his dream Countach and what he really felt about it.

What he and I suggest is looking at WHY and beyond the superficial.

For example - you want a Murcielago. Great, but why? Is it because you believe Italian cars are superior, because it has a ridiculous top speed and decent braking, because you hate Ferrari owners, or is because you are an adrenaline junkie, or you want to experience speeds past 130 daily? (rarely happens just ask MJ)? Or is it because you want people to throw themselves at you when you drive in the street? Because you want validation and because you want to feel good about yourself. Well bud, those latter things are better found elsewhere - like within you.

I believe Tim puts it well in his book - I paraphrase: "Buying things is not the end goal. Nice cars and nice houses..what do they do to bring happiness? But what you do and who you do it with and how you do it multiplies happiness. If your goal is to enjoy fast driving and taking things to the limit - sure, spend some money to reach that goal - by a sportscar, rent one, join a race circuit . Spend money to reach those feelings and experiences. Not to have 7 cars you have to maliciously take care for without really driving any since you thought you wanted the cars but what you wanted was a feeling you didn't pinpoint correctly.

djs13

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 3, 2007
NY
I think this thread may be more popular among already "achieved" members of the forum. What I mean is, I am far from accomplished but I'm about to launch my web site selling my ebook about auto racing. From speaking with some members like Peter, I'm probably not going to profit anymore than $1,000 per month from sales. I'd actually be pretty happy if I even hit that mark. But my goal after I posses a suffecient amount of funds from the ebook would be to move onto a second venture. Though I'm not sure what that is going to be, but it will probably be an e-business. With the funds from the ebook site, I can hopefully fulfill my goal of launching a second site.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
djs13 said:
I think this thread may be more popular among already "achieved" members of the forum.

I dunno. Not me. Although we haven't really "achieved" our latest financial goal, that's only b/c we adjusted our PLAN upwards in '05 (that's the year achieved our original goal of $2M, which would have generated $100K a year for us for the rest of our lives).

I don't really consider many of the things shown in this thread "goals".

More like "cool stuff I'm gonna buy when I make it."

For me, goals are actions you take that directly tie in with your PLAN.

Most everything listed here is more of a carrot; a reward for achieving a goal.

But hey, that's just me. :)

You can define a goal any way you want! :banana:

-Russ H.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.