I was reading a free manifesto by Corbett Barr (a blogger/traffic consultant who is one of those minimalist-ish location-independent lifestyle guys) and he said this:
And the solution he's advocating is a "DIY career", being a blogger or entrepreneur.
Here's Seth Godin's original blog post about the "forever recession":
Seth's Blog: The forever recession
Possible? I don't know, I'm no economist or expert, but looking at the world around me and who's doing well and who's optimistic at the moment, this seems pretty darn plausible. And it only reinforces what we're doing here at the Fastlane
"We’ve created our own “forever recession†(as Seth Godin calls it) and
now we wonder when the jobs will come back. The problem is though, the
jobs aren’t coming back. Ever. The rules have changed for good."
And the solution he's advocating is a "DIY career", being a blogger or entrepreneur.
Here's Seth Godin's original blog post about the "forever recession":
Seth's Blog: The forever recession
Thus, middle class jobs that existed because companies had no choice are now gone... The networked revolution is creating huge profits, significant opportunities and a lot of change. What it's not doing is providing millions of brain-dead, corner office, follow-the-manual middle class jobs. And it's not going to.
Fast, smart and flexible are embraced by the network. Linchpin behavior. People and companies we can't live without (because if I can live without you, I'm sure going to try if the alternative is to save money).
The sad irony is that everything we do to prop up the last economy (more obedience, more compliance, cheaper yet average) gets in the way of profiting from this one.
Possible? I don't know, I'm no economist or expert, but looking at the world around me and who's doing well and who's optimistic at the moment, this seems pretty darn plausible. And it only reinforces what we're doing here at the Fastlane
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
