- Joined
- Aug 8, 2012
- Messages
- 607
Rep Bank
$1,165
$1,165
User Power: 63%
"If you’re looking for a return on investment (and to learn skills that are required in today’s job market), some startups may have the answer. DevBootCamp, for example, offers a 10-week apprenticeship-like training program for people who want to be professional software developers. 88 percent of their graduates have job offers starting at an average of $79,000 a year after their program. The program costs $12,200. That is a much better investment than college.
I had just read this and said to myself "Why would I spend 4 years in college only to be ill-prepared for a software engineering job when I could take this course for $11,000 (pay all at once discount) and be done in a few months..."
I think this is a much faster way to learn a valuable skill and build significant startup capital by working a year or two and living at home.
What are your opinions on such a route?
Read more at In 2013, here’s why we’ll seriously consider alternatives to higher ed | VentureBeat "
I had just read this and said to myself "Why would I spend 4 years in college only to be ill-prepared for a software engineering job when I could take this course for $11,000 (pay all at once discount) and be done in a few months..."
I think this is a much faster way to learn a valuable skill and build significant startup capital by working a year or two and living at home.
What are your opinions on such a route?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
