Vigilante
Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
9-11-01 : I was at the MSP airport, ready for an early morning flight to LAX. The airport was at it's usual morning hustle, and I arrived to the gate just as the first plane hit the first World Trade Center tower. When the first plane hit, people just thought it was a freak accident. So, as the CNN news cameras were watching the live footage of the first plane, we literally watched the second plane come in and hit the second tower.
You could have heard a pin drop in the MSP airport. Almost immediately, I remember seeing all of the flight monitors in the airport scroll from delays to CANCELLED as word of the FAA ground hold got out.
The airport was still SILENT. People huddled around the television monitors in silence, trying to absorb what was happening. Nobody was talking. Nobody was moving.
I can't remember if the word on the Pentagon and the other plane were announced yet. I remember calling my Dad, who came and picked me up at the airport. My wife and the kids were at the grade school this morning, and we met back at home.
The nation was ripped in half that morning. It was unfathomable. Even today, as I write this post and tears fill my eyes remembering the details of that morning... it is still incomprehensible. 11 years later, and I will never forget.
I remember 9-12-01. There was no politics. There was no division of our people. We were all Americans, struggling to understand this new world we were living in. On 9-12-01, there were no Democrats or Republicans. There were no Catholics, Baptists, or Lutherans. There were no black people, white people, or Asians. There were no politicians, and no surfs. There were only Americans.
I was able to get the approval from the Mayor and City Council of Chanhassen, MN a city wide prayer meeting that was held outside on the grounds of City Hall. I think the prayer meeting was on the 14th of September. It was attended by a few dozen people (maybe 50?) from all walks of the City... because on that day, there were no denominations. The nation was in mourning, and for just a moment the nation turned to God.
I remember in the days that followed, watching the nation slip back into the way it was. I watched people that had come together - drift apart. I was naive enough on 9-14 to think that the world had changed for the better, not realizing it had changed for the worse.
9-11-01 was the day that the world permanently changed. I will never forget.
You could have heard a pin drop in the MSP airport. Almost immediately, I remember seeing all of the flight monitors in the airport scroll from delays to CANCELLED as word of the FAA ground hold got out.
The airport was still SILENT. People huddled around the television monitors in silence, trying to absorb what was happening. Nobody was talking. Nobody was moving.
I can't remember if the word on the Pentagon and the other plane were announced yet. I remember calling my Dad, who came and picked me up at the airport. My wife and the kids were at the grade school this morning, and we met back at home.
The nation was ripped in half that morning. It was unfathomable. Even today, as I write this post and tears fill my eyes remembering the details of that morning... it is still incomprehensible. 11 years later, and I will never forget.
I remember 9-12-01. There was no politics. There was no division of our people. We were all Americans, struggling to understand this new world we were living in. On 9-12-01, there were no Democrats or Republicans. There were no Catholics, Baptists, or Lutherans. There were no black people, white people, or Asians. There were no politicians, and no surfs. There were only Americans.
I was able to get the approval from the Mayor and City Council of Chanhassen, MN a city wide prayer meeting that was held outside on the grounds of City Hall. I think the prayer meeting was on the 14th of September. It was attended by a few dozen people (maybe 50?) from all walks of the City... because on that day, there were no denominations. The nation was in mourning, and for just a moment the nation turned to God.
I remember in the days that followed, watching the nation slip back into the way it was. I watched people that had come together - drift apart. I was naive enough on 9-14 to think that the world had changed for the better, not realizing it had changed for the worse.
9-11-01 was the day that the world permanently changed. I will never forget.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

