The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

7 Things to Do if You Don’t Want to Be a Millionaire

Shades

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 8, 2011
I love a good series or a good movie. Would never give that up. And I dont believe its any hindrance unless you let it be. Sit and binge watch an entire series on Netflix? Yea, not a good thing. Watch an episode while taking some downtime or eating, why not? Its about self control and moderation. Some people can just work without a mental break for 12 hours. Id go nuts and work would suffer for it. Do what works best for you.

I mean, I get the point of lists like this. And this isnt a bad one compared to most of them. But, im not going to throw away everything I enjoy in life. Because then whats really even the point of this entire adventure to freedom? Like eating healthier.... Ive made a huge turnaround in what I choose to eat over the past year. But will I ever give up ice cream which is one of my favorite things? Hell no. I just dont buy it and have it in the house. I might go out for it once a week.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Nice post @FastLaner007 but...

... but I haven't done any of these 7 things for at least 5 years and I'm still poor!

Anyway, I think I am on the right track to become rich sooner or later ;)

thank you

yes the 7 points are typical american mindset but we can understand it because they are very success oriented

so money for them is everything and we can understand that.

i agree with the 7 points for others reasons

for example : the TV point

yes it is a waste of time but the main reason is that it is a tool of social brainwashing created to shape the mind

before readers kill me, as usual, because i said something they have never heard, nor researched, i give you guys these links :

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0688082742/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

https://www.google.fr/search?q=tv+b...hrome..69i57.722j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

https://www.google.fr/search?q=tv+b...&ie=UTF-8#q=tv+brainwashing+tavistock&tbm=vid

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016

Millionaireshq.com

Just read these 7 pointers to being the opposite of Fastlane and wanted to share it here immediately to steer off all those who might by mistake be on the wrong track. MJ touched almost each of these points in greater detail in TMF .

unproductive-days.jpg

1. Watch TV.

Watching TV will almost always guarantee your failure in becoming a millionaire. Unless there’s a channel dedicated to teaching you in becoming a millionaire, you’re more likely to buy a Wendy’s sandwich or a Snuggie. TV is one of the largest sources of non-productiveness and America’s obesity rate. All TV does is provide short episodes of entertainment and commercials. If you wanted to find entertainment, you could find higher qualities of it in other mediums like friends or backyard BBQ’s. You have little control in the types of entertainment to watch; if you wanted to watch something else on TV, you would have to find another channel. Meanwhile on the Internet, if you wanted to find something funny to watch, you could do a Google search and find 1,654,000,000 choices to pick from. Anyway, why look for entertainment when you could look for information on becoming a millionaire?

2. Eat junk food.
Junk food – the second leading source of America’s obesity rate. Junk food will make you feel tired, fatigued, and depressed. It may give you small periods of pleasure and energy, but it won’t do much in the long run. It will rob you of your energy – energy you need to learn how to become a millionaire. It keeps you from being productive and healthy. Most of all, it decreases your life span.

3. Become “popular”.
Nowadays, kids do so much just to try and gain attention and love. They want to be the “popular” ones. They want to be noticed, cared for, loved. They want to be in a group that accepts them for who they are – or who they try to be. They do such radical things just to try and be popular. Adults are not all that different. They want to gain acceptance from their friends, believing if they don’t, they’ll be friendless and outcasted. People hate being outcasted. But millionaires don’t care about being outcasted. In fact, they’re actually the ones being outcasted. They don’t care what others think, which gives them the determination and commitment to follow their dreams, regardless of what others are thinking or saying.

4. Buy a new car.
If you don’t want to become a millionaire, buy things. Buy lot’s of things. Buy things that won’t even help you or make a difference in your life. Buy extra junk food, the latest technology, a new car, new clothes, etc. Buy everything and anything you can with the income you’re making right now. In fact, go ahead and just make a wishlist of things you want to buy. Then when you get your paycheck, go down your list and buy as many things you can with the money you got.

5. Complain.
Complain about how bad your day is. Talk about how your boss hates you. Discuss how bad your life is. Get mad at the person who cut you off this morning. Announce your distaste for your job and your current situation. Complain how you can never get enough time for yourself. Complain how you can never have enough of what you want. Complain how you can never get what you want.

6. Blame the world.
Blame the world for allowing you to experience the negative situations you’re in. Blame your family for making you late to work. Blame everyone and everything else in the world except yourself for the things you have in your life right now. When you get a bad grade on your test, blame your teacher and explain how he or she can’t teach. When you can’t get a decent job, blame the economy. When something bad happens to you, blame something or someone else.

7. Make excuses.
Try to justify your mistakes and wrongdoings. When you get in trouble, do thing #6 and blame someone else.

Millionaireshq.com
I don't watch tv but I have a big problem with wasting time on my phone looking at youtube, facebook etc.

I don't eat junk food, nr.3 is a non-issue. Buying a new car though, I've bought my first car this year I'm proud of which is inexpensive and I'm very careful about spending money so I don't think I'm making that mistake.

I don't complain or blame anyone.

I tend to make excuses though, I should fix that.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I can't believe how many of these I used to be guilty of.

Tv was maybe the worst. But I haven't had a tv for 4 years now. Just worked out that way with the type of work and travel I did. If I settled down I would buy one for the odd movie, but wouldn't need an aerial for tv hooked up.

Need to work a bit on my YouTube addiction though lol. At least it's not tv garbage though.

Jose L. Nimmons

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Jul 31, 2017
Tempe, AZ
I don't know 7 tips, but here are some thoughts :)
1)Successful people adopt an "abundance" mindset — they believe their talents are not limited or finite. For instance, if they are good at writing and marketing, they aren't afraid to dip their toes into finance. Less-successful people, on the other hand, often work from a "scarcity mindset," thinking they only have talent in one square inch of the world.
2)While others might dream about becoming a millionaire, the only way you'll make it a reality is through concrete goal-setting.
3)Investing. The beauty of investing is that you can get the wealth you worked so hard for to start working for you.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
5 6 and 7 all seem the same thing .

I'm doing well on the others apart from junk food, I'm 2/3 of the way there on that porridge for breakfast and sandwiches or a jacket potato for lunch(I can have while hustling). Usually tired and end up with burger and chips in the evening as too easy.

As for the others, I'm taking my excuses and working out what is behind them so.I can solve them. Lack of energy and weight was helped by switching to porridge but I had to moan to realise the problem if that makes sense. Once I can work out the issue I can get real actionable advice (Like, try eating porridge each morning)

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
5 6 and 7 all seem the same thing .

I'm doing well on the others apart from junk food, I'm 2/3 of the way there on that porridge for breakfast and sandwiches or a jacket potato for lunch(I can have while hustling). Usually tired and end up with burger and chips in the evening as too easy.

As for the others, I'm taking my excuses and working out what is behind them so.I can solve them. Lack of energy and weight was helped by switching to porridge but I had to moan to realise the problem if that makes sense. Once I can work out the issue I can get real actionable advice (Like, try eating porridge each morning)
There is nothing to work out on the back end, that's literally just a better excuse.

Get leverage with your own mind and just decide you are going to eat porridge every morning and then wake up and start doing it.

When asked, identify by it. "I only eat porridge every morning"...

Then all you have to do is not make a liar out of yourself and you are set.

Don't settle for the silly excuses your mind is telling your brain. It's a simple decision you can make today.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
There is nothing to work out on the back end, that's literally just a better excuse.

Get leverage with your own mind and just decide you are going to eat porridge every morning and then wake up and start doing it.

Then all you have to do is not make a liar out of yourself and you are set.

I am already eating porridge for breakfast everyday (blueberry flavour today, golden syrup today) I am not eating porridge because I like porridge but it solves the problem of lack of energy and weight. I've achieved the goal, I lost the weight I was worried about.

Working it out on the backend, helped me to achieve my goal, that is literally how i achevied it, how is that an excuse? It worked wonders for me.

You could frame it as eating porridge is what gives me the mindset to accomplish the goal, but I had to work out what I needed to give me the mindset first. I don't seem to get motivated by mindset.

Think of it this way, if you want to lose weight sitting on your fat a$$ all day posting weight loss memes to Facebook is not going to help.

Getting up at 4am everyday for a 2 mile run will, even if you feel bad because your a lardy fat a$$. Calories don't get wished away by good thoughts, it's diet and exercise.

I find "well, have you tried getting up at 4am each day to go to the gym?" Helpful. I chose a run instead, but that's my call.

Have I achieved all my goals? No but I'm working on it and Rome wasn't built in a day.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
The ID is I always eat a bowl of porridge every morning, and always after my exercise routine.

What I'm trying to do is apply the same trick to the other three. I can't emphasise how effective porridge was (perhaps I should write an ebook on the porridge method of waste loss) it was enough to solve the problem. My sister tried the same principle and lost a third of her weight, it gave me the motivation I needed and I got results in three months. Perhaps it was a placebo, the taking it till you making it.

So can I find something else to fill in the transformative role that porridge played in my life for other areas?

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
I can't believe how many of these I used to be guilty of.

Tv was maybe the worst. But I haven't had a tv for 4 years now. Just worked out that way with the type of work and travel I did. If I settled down I would buy one for the odd movie, but wouldn't need an aerial for tv hooked up.

Need to work a bit on my YouTube addiction though lol. At least it's not tv garbage though.
Agreed. TV and video games are a terrible addiction.

Jonathan Hoch

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jan 17, 2019
When the Seahawks lost in the first round, all my friends and family were devastated. As a raving lunatic on the level of Gary V with his jets, I should have burned down my city. (Houston)

Instead I said, “yes! That’s an extra month of productivity for 2019! Let’s dooooo this!!!”

I don’t necessarily agree with not getting popular. You need to be able to build a level of trust. It’s why big business focuses so much on branding.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.