The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

halfstepdown88

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
698%
Apr 21, 2012
Las Vegas
In 2016 I made $55,000 in one month.

I did over $200,000 in 9 months. This was the lowest paying company in that industry as well. If I worked for a different company, that would have been around $750,000 in 9 months.

Then I lost everything.
-----------------------------

My Story: Grew up with a poor mindset, very limited people, and lots of trauma. I was raised in Bountiful, Utah, where 98% of everyone else was Mormon. My parents divorced and my older brother died, after that I was abandoned and on my own.

Going from house to house, after graduating college, I ended up in low-income housing. I hated seeing how most people around me just sat and watched TV all day, so I sold my TV and never owned one again.

I was making $12 an hour as a 22 year old college graduate (I made money going to school, due to full ride scholarship for academic achievement and low income).

I joined Millionaire Fastlane years back but forgot about it until now.

I went to the Philippines for a "Tropical MBA" and met some entrepreneurs and made a website. Came back and was broke so I went and sold cars figuring I needed to learn sales.

First month I was the top salesman. After 8 months, I bought a one way ticket to Thailand to work on my website.

In Thailand and Vietnam, the site only made $100-$200 a month at most. I got severe food poisoning and my gut was ruined. If I ate something, it came out looking the exact same way. I could literally go shit on a plate (graphic) and serve it to someone.

I came home and was going into medical debt. I had nowhere else to turn and my friend in Las Vegas called me and told me I should go sell solar.

I moved there and was fired before I started for pissing off the hiring manager for asking too many questions. After 2 weeks, I was hired by a different office and the rivalry began. I was the number one door-to-door salesman in my office the 2nd or 3rd month.

Then I went to Dallas, Texas and sold my a$$ off. I loved every second of it and I had fierce competition.

A lot of people who had been there for years hadn't sold & installed a megawatt of solar. I did in my first 13.5 months and there was a solar system donated in Mali, Africa in my honor.

At one point in 2016 I was the number one in the country. The lessons I learned on that journey will stay with me forever.

I made $55,000 in one month which increased by "money thermostat" and now basically anything less feels weird.

Surprisingly too, during that time my website grew on its own under the radar to produce $2,000 in profit every month.

----------

Then I completely collapsed.

The only goal I had for the day was to go for a walk for 20 minutes.

A doctor in Austin, TX thought I just had bad Epstein-Barr Virus.

I started getting all these weird marks on my skin.

I moved to San Diego in January of 2017 and was finally diagnosed with Lyme disease, as well as Bartonella, Babesia, and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. My immune markers are really low. Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever has a 30% mortality rate. My best friend then killed himself during this time.

I spent every single day for 6 months not knowing if I was going to die and barely able to move. At one point I couldn't even understand written word.

In August of 2017, police showed up at my house and took me to a hospital in San Diego. My friend drove over from Vegas and helped me move back to my original hometown and I'm now in Salt Lake City.

--------

Healing Lyme
I have taken the same mentality I had towards selling doors to healing Lyme, although I will admit I've wanted to give up many times. I thought I knew what difficult was, but I had no idea what that word meant until I got Lyme.

40 hours a week I spend healing, going to the doctor, doing my own IV's, etc.

Each day I sit in my infrared sauna, do a detox bath, eat all my homemade meals (I am in Ketosis), make my tea, inject Ozone (I learned how to do my own IV's), etc.

A lot of people give up but I just can't.

I'm lucky to have saved up the money I made from selling solar to be able to do a lot of things most people in that situation wouldn't be able to do.
------------------

Current Position and Next Moves
Last month I made a little over $4,200 in profit from random side ventures. I am currently typing this while in a detox bath.

My website still on average $1,700 - $2,000 in passive income and I just started dropshipping CBD oil.

I do local dropshipping by getting products and then selling them on Facebook Marketplace (I've even sold products where I just drove to Walmart to buy it right before they came over).

April 23rd, I am planning on moving to Tempe, Arizona.

I'm going to sell solar for a good company that will provide my leads and then I'll have people door knock for me. I used to be 100% referall so I'll use the company leads to get my first sales then start getting paid self-gen.

I made sure they knew that I was sick and that the "old TJ" won't be there but I'll still probably outperform a lot of reps.

I'll keep doing some of the local dropshipping and my website will obviously continue.

Then, I have a friend who has done very well in San Diego who is going to the Canton fair soon and is receiving a big shipment.

I've already scoped out warehouses in Phoenix and once that gets rolling we will get some big products from China to sell.

The guy that has been teaching us this business in LA was doing over $100,000 a month but is so rich that $100,000 a month isn't worth his time anymore.

I'll get a lot more income and then I'll be able to buy stem cells, top medical treatments, have someone cook all my meals, etc.
------------

My Vision
To become a multi-millionaire and then do public speaking and donations to help inspire people to not give up.

I've already done some public speeches, did two stand up comedy shows in San Diego with the last minute about Lyme, recorded and played a Lyme song on Facebook and also performed live to a support group, and I know I can be the one that "says what needs to be said" since I've already put myself out there.

I want to start a fund or create a way to pay for people's Lyme treatment that cannot afford it, because I know that if they don't get financial help to pay for medical treatment, they have 0% chance of winning.

I know what I'm capable of. I just need a healthy body to do it. Your mind cannot overcome everything, if your body is messed up you will be disabled because your mind will be broken.

The path to achieving this is to produce high enough value to make millions.

Cliff Notes
-Have risen up and failed several times
-Was the #1 Door-To-Door Solar Salesmen in 2016 for the largest residential solar company in the United States
-Came down hard with Lyme disease and lost everything
-Moving to Tempe, Arizona this month of April to start selling solar again and start up a warehouse for local dropshipping.
-Health is wealth and NEVER sacrifice your health to make money, it is not worth it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard my friend, sounds like you have to tools and wherewithal to kill it!

Happy to have you.

ljean

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jan 22, 2017
USA
Tim Ferriss claims to have beaten Lyme disease with diet and intermittent fasting.

G

Guest92dX

@halfstepdown88

Three questions:

Did you also sell commercial? How much was each commission worth? How do the solar companies even get leads/Do they use lead gen companies?

Also, cool story. This is just more proof that no one has a perfect life. Everyone has their own struggles.

halfstepdown88

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
698%
Apr 21, 2012
Las Vegas
Tim Ferriss claims to have beaten Lyme disease with diet and intermittent fasting.

Tim Ferriss appears to have only had Lyme itself. I've watched some of his stuff and he doesn't go too in depth on it and never mentions any coinfections, which the coinfection bartonella is actually messing me up a lot more than the Lyme itself.

However, I went into ketosis and am still on the ketogenic diet since February and it has helped tremendously with brain fog.

@halfstepdown88

Three questions:

Did you also sell commercial? How much was each commission worth? How do the solar companies even get leads/Do they use lead gen companies?

Also, cool story. This is just more proof that no one has a perfect life. Everyone has their own struggles.

I never sold commercial.

I sold for SolarCity, the lowest paying commission out there. You typically get paid per kW, which is the system size. I was paid $210 per kW in Vegas and $160 per kW in Texas.

The company I'm going to work for, if I sell a job at full price, I'll make $1,300 per kW :).

So let's say the average system size is 6.5kW in Arizona. With SolarCity I would have made around $1,300. With a smaller company (and much better product!) I would make over $8,000.

When I sold solar, I door knocked, did fliers, etc. Everything I did was out in the field cold generating leads. The new company will supply me with 3 company leads a day (paid less on those) and then I'll just use those easy leads to get my referall system going again.

If only I could build a lead funnel or something for myself....

GoGetter24

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Oct 8, 2017
Various
I got severe food poisoning and my gut was ruined. If I ate something, it came out looking the exact same way. I could literally go sh*t on a plate (graphic) and serve it to someone.

I moved to San Diego in January of 2017 and was finally diagnosed with Lyme disease, as well as Bartonella, Babesia, and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. My immune markers are really low. Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever has a 30% mortality rate.

What did you eat?!

Also where? So I know never to go to that place or within 200 miles of it.

halfstepdown88

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
698%
Apr 21, 2012
Las Vegas
I ate something in Thailand (hard to pinpoint, I think it was a street vendor) and then again got food poisoning in Vietnam.

Daphne

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Apr 12, 2018
Philippines
Hi, hope you recover soon. My former boss had lyme and was diagnosed correctly only a year after he had been suffering from all the symptoms. I guess he is fully recovered now as he was already back in office like 2 years ago and continues to get stronger. You’ll get thru this, and this will then be one of your many triumphs.

CT Matunhira

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 4, 2018
South Africa Cape Town

I did over $200,000 in 9 months. This was the lowest paying company in that industry as well. If I worked for a different company, that would have been around $750,000 in 9 months.

Then I lost everything.

My Story: Grew up with a poor mindset, very limited people, and lots of trauma. I was raised in Bountiful, Utah, where 98% of everyone else was Mormon. My parents divorced and my older brother died, after that I was abandoned and on my own.

Going from house to house, after graduating college, I ended up in low-income housing. I hated seeing how most people around me just sat and watched TV all day, so I sold my TV and never owned one again.

I was making $12 an hour as a 22 year old college graduate (I made money going to school, due to full ride scholarship for academic achievement and low income).

I went to the Philippines for a "Tropical MBA" and met some entrepreneurs and made a website. Came back and was broke so I went and sold cars figuring I needed to learn sales.

First month I was the top salesman. After 8 months, I bought a one way ticket to Thailand to work on my website.

In Thailand and Vietnam, the site only made $100-$200 a month at most. I got severe food poisoning and my gut was ruined. If I ate something, it came out looking the exact same way. I could literally go sh*t on a plate (graphic) and serve it to someone.

I came home and was going into medical debt. I had nowhere else to turn and my friend in Las Vegas called me and told me I should go sell solar.

I moved there and was fired before I started for pissing off the hiring manager for asking too many questions. After 2 weeks, I was hired by a different office and the rivalry began. I was the number one door-to-door salesman in my office the 2nd or 3rd month.

Then I went to Dallas, Texas and sold my a$$ off. I loved every second of it and I had fierce competition.

A lot of people who had been there for years hadn't sold & installed a megawatt of solar. I did in my first 13.5 months and there was a solar system donated in Mali, Africa in my honor.

At one point in 2016 I was the number one in the country. The lessons I learned on that journey will stay with me forever.

I made $55,000 in one month which increased by "money thermostat" and now basically anything less feels weird.

Surprisingly too, during that time my website grew on its own under the radar to produce $2,000 in profit every month.

----------

I moved to San Diego in January of 2017 and was finally diagnosed with Lyme disease, as well as Bartonella, Babesia, and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. My immune markers are really low. Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever has a 30% mortality rate. My best friend then killed himself during this time.

I spent every single day for 6 months not knowing if I was going to die and barely able to move. At one point I couldn't even understand written word.

In August of 2017, police showed up at my house and took me to a hospital in San Diego. My friend drove over from Vegas and helped me move back to my original hometown and I'm now in Salt Lake City.

--------

Healing Lyme
I have taken the same mentality I had towards selling doors to healing Lyme, although I will admit I've wanted to give up many times. I thought I knew what difficult was, but I had no idea what that word meant until I got Lyme.

Each day I sit in my infrared sauna, do a detox bath, eat all my homemade meals (I am in Ketosis), make my tea, inject Ozone (I learned how to do my own IV's), etc.

I'm lucky to have saved up the money I made from selling solar to be able to do a lot of things most people in that situation wouldn't be able to do.
------------------

Last month I made a little over $4,200 in profit from random side ventures. I am currently typing this while in a detox bath.

My website still on average $1,700 - $2,000 in passive income and I just started dropshipping CBD oil.

I do local dropshipping by getting products and then selling them on Facebook Marketplace (I've even sold products where I just drove to Walmart to buy it right before they came over).

I'm going to sell solar for a good company that will provide my leads and then I'll have people door knock for me. I used to be 100% referall so I'll use the company leads to get my first sales then start getting paid self-gen.

I made sure they knew that I was sick and that the "old TJ" won't be there but I'll still probably outperform a lot of reps.

I'll keep doing some of the local dropshipping and my website will obviously continue.

Then, I have a friend who has done very well in San Diego who is going to the Canton fair soon and is receiving a big shipment.

I've already scoped out warehouses in Phoenix and once that gets rolling we will get some big products from China to sell.

The guy that has been teaching us this business in LA was doing over $100,000 a month but is so rich that $100,000 a month isn't worth his time anymore.

I'll get a lot more income and then I'll be able to buy stem cells, top medical treatments, have someone cook all my meals, etc.
------------

My Vision
To become a multi-millionaire and then do public speaking and donations to help inspire people to not give up.

I've already done some public speeches, did two stand up comedy shows in San Diego with the last minute about Lyme, recorded and played a Lyme song on Facebook and also performed live to a support group, and I know I can be the one that "says what needs to be said" since I've already put myself out there.

I want to start a fund or create a way to pay for people's Lyme treatment that cannot afford it, because I know that if they don't get financial help to pay for medical treatment, they have 0% chance of winning.

I know what I'm capable of. I just need a healthy body to do it. Your mind cannot overcome everything, if your body is messed up you will be disabled because your mind will be broken.

Cliff Notes
-Was the #1 Door-To-Door Solar Salesmen in 2016 for the largest residential solar company in the United States
-Moving to Tempe, Arizona this month of April to start selling solar again and start up a warehouse for local dropshipping.
-Health is wealth and NEVER sacrifice your health to make money, it is not worth it.
Vey inspirational thanks Mahn

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
Hi 1/2step. I'm alternately jealous of your huge sales success, and empathetically dismayed at all you've been through with your health. For different reasons, as a cancer survivor I have a lot less than the health and energy I should have at my age, and have to ration my energy and time. I agree with you that there should be some way to turn your strong sales skills into a systematic way to not just get the commissions as you go, but to build up massive wealth for yourself as a principal. Given that your life has been in the Sun Belt and dealing with solar energy, that seems like a useful niche to make something of your own?

Darryl Hall, musician of the duo Hall & Oates, had a terrible time with Lyme disease a few years back. I wonder if learning his story and approaching him to see about some kind of nonprofit fundraiser to help pay for treatments, might be worth your while?

I'm humbled to get to be in a business discussion group with someone who has had both the successes and the struggles you've had. Looking forward to see what you decide next, and I hope I can in some way add some encouragement or ideas that help you define your Fastlane journey. - Chris

Tammyanne

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jun 18, 2017
San Diego, CA

Then I lost everything.

In Thailand and Vietnam, the site only made $100-$200 a month at most. I got severe food poisoning and my gut was ruined. If I ate something, it came out looking the exact same way. I could literally go sh*t on a plate (graphic) and serve it to someone.

----------

--------

Healing Lyme

------------------

------------

My Vision

Cliff Notes

Tammyanne

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jun 18, 2017
San Diego, CA

Then I lost everything.

----------

--------

Healing Lyme

------------------

------------

My Vision

Cliff Notes

Very Inspirational story, Thank You...I know a lady whom recovered from Lyme disease she is an amazing woman you can feel free to ask her anything and she will reply in a flash,

Barbara Weibel, just google "hole in the donut" and you will find her.

Tammyanne

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jun 18, 2017
San Diego, CA

Then I lost everything.

----------

--------

Healing Lyme

------------------

------------

My Vision

Cliff Notes

ok, Here is something to try for you, Yes I am a natural... what do some people call it oh a medical intuitive

well, I asked specifically for you and I got the word "Alka-seltzer"
googled it for you and yes, as usual..no surprise it's normal for me...anyway I always try to understand things so I am thinking it ma

Dr. Richard Horowitz, M.D.'s Herxheimer-Reducing Protocol

Then I lost everything.

----------

--------

Healing Lyme

------------------

------------

My Vision

Cliff Notes

Tammyanne

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jun 18, 2017
San Diego, CA
Here is something that I would recommend trying

alka-seltzer

I googled to see if I was accurate..and yes, bam there it was...Possibly it helps create an "alkaline effect" in the body, I am natural when it comes to healing the body etc.

try it and let me know your results, thanks

what do people call what I do oh a medical intuitive...is that such a thing :)

halfstepdown88

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
698%
Apr 21, 2012
Las Vegas
Hey everyone! Thanks for the replies. For some reason I wasn't getting an email notification about new comments.

Alka-seltzer can help with herx reactions, thanks :).

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
Dude, your not packing enough in! :)

Yet another reminder that there really are no excuses...unless you're dead.

Do you know how you contracted all your illnesses?

I have had some health issues before, and once you come back from them you become much stronger mentally and physically - maintenance of your peak physical and mental state is the next challenge.

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
@halfstepdown88 I see. I never knew lyme disease could be contracted so easily, I will be wary of ticks from now on.

My health issues:

Narcolepsy or some form of excessive REM Sleep (still fighting this)
Depression, general unhappiness and a high ease of anger/temper
Dissociative Disorder
Liver issues ( I ate something ''bad'', I still have to check if I am fully recovered from this
Psychological Issues (low self-confidence, low self-esteem)

I think that's it for now :), I have been working on re-wiring my brain to focus on the good things in life and to have a generally optimistic outlook on life so I cannot recall anything else right now. In fact, I am pretty much over everything now I just have to lose some excess weight, stick to a regular exercise schedule and eat healthy food regularly.

halfstepdown88

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
698%
Apr 21, 2012
Las Vegas
@halfstepdown88 I see. I never knew lyme disease could be contracted so easily, I will be wary of ticks from now on.

My health issues:

Narcolepsy or some form of excessive REM Sleep (still fighting this)
Depression, general unhappiness and a high ease of anger/temper
Dissociative Disorder
Liver issues ( I ate something ''bad'', I still have to check if I am fully recovered from this
Psychological Issues (low self-confidence, low self-esteem)

I feel you. Do you know what is the cause of your issues? Is it from the liver problems?

Usually there is a root cause or causes that will create problems like that, such as an infection, deficiency, hormonal problems, gut health, etc.

halfstepdown88

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
698%
Apr 21, 2012
Las Vegas
You said about "big products from china to sell". May I know what products?

Edit: I'm not from US btw :)

Random products, anything that has a big margin and nobody else is doing. My friend has a shipment that has been stuck in customs in San Diego for several months, so we will see what happens with it.

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
I feel you. Do you know what is the cause of your issues? Is it from the liver problems?

Usually there is a root cause or causes that will create problems like that, such as an infection, deficiency, hormonal problems, gut health, etc.

Yeah well I figured it was a leaky gut + possibly some other issues.

Anyway I went for a blood test recently and the results show that I'm all good besides slightly high cholesterol levels (probably from a high-fat/intended keto diet)

I think the main cause of it all was the narcolepsy/sleeping issues, I didn't go for a sleep yet, and I think there are no facilities or sleep specialists where I am living now so I will have to do whatever I can to sleep like a 'normal', healthy human being.

Anyway glad were all good and healthy now - it can be a great motivator for achieving "success" after you have been through crap and never want to go back into a sub-optimal state, plus you have a great why behind all your work and a cause to fight for.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...