The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

$500 off LLC formation

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
I am offering for Fastlaners only $500 off my basic LLC package. The basic package includes;

All state filing fees
One year registered agent service
Basic operating agreement
Assistance in getting tax id# (if needed)
Consultation in establishing the right entity in the right state

Prices vary from state to state based on their fees. You can email me at:

bobby@globalwealthprotection.com

Please make sure to mention "Fastlane" in the subject line.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Cool you want to do all my taxes? That would be sweet.

:notworthy:

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Cool you want to do all my taxes? That would be sweet.

:notworthy:

hahaha, sorry. Tax returns are about as appealing as needles under my fingernails. I can give tax advice on proper set up, but I don't do returns. Only planning.

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
Don't take this wrong...but I filed my LLC by myself for under $300 and received all the above (exception to consult service, but still found ample sources). Did you mean to type $500 off or for $500?

Perhaps you could explain how your services are beneficial and the kind of errors you can help clients avoid.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Edit: Withdrawing my previous comments / criticism, as I didn't realize that this thread was posted in the Marketplace Forum.

Last edited:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
But some people do not want to do this on their own. I pay my CPA to create LLCs for me for $350 not including any filing fees. I definitely know how to do it myself, but I would rather have someone else do it while I go do other things like work on my business, go hiking, etc...

As with anyone selling a service, you could probably do it yourself. The trade off is money vs. time.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
It also depends on your state. Filing fees in Colorado are $25, so it would not make sense for me, but California is $800 and more extensive for paperwork. Might make perfect sense there. Plus many folks have other items to worry about rather then LLC. Either way...good luck Global.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
I am not looking for the client who is looking for the absolute lowest price. That is not my market. I am looking for the client who wants someone who is experienced in properly forming an LLC and would rather spend their time starting and running their business and outsource what is not in their field of expertise. As I stated to SM Media, I don't do taxes. That includes my own. I can certainly do it, but my time is valuable and I would rather spend it doing things where I get the most return. I can pay an expert to do my taxes and save myself an amount of time that is more valuable to me. Anyone can file an LLC, true. It's not magic. But anyone can create a website, buy/sell cars, mow my yard, make a good sandwich, or deliver furniture. But I would rather pay someone to do these things.

I spend at least 1/3 of my time correcting people's mistakes with their "self-created" LLC's. As stated, anyone can create one, not everyone can do it correctly. I will give a real life example from a client. This client has approximately $20M in commercial real estate. He was counseled by his CPA, but he did the set up of his LLC's. His operating company is an S-corp and it owns several LLC's which hold his various properties. This is a terrible way to own property. The issue here is the the S-corp. In a judgment, his shares of his S-corp (he owns 100%) can be taken in court to satisfy a judgment. Because the S-corp owns all of the LLC's, a creditor can take his shares of the S-corp and liquidate the properties in the LLC to satisfy the judgment. In addition, he used a boilerplate 10 page operating agreement with his LLC's that offered him zero legal protection in the event there was an issue related to the property or his partners in the LLC's (he was 100% owner of the S-corp and it was a partner in the LLC's). In the event that his partners were named in a lawsuit, the court could force a distribution of his partner's interest in the LLC which means a property liquidation. He also formed his LLC's in 2 different states that are not very business friendly and don't offer charging order protection. He is now spending more to get this corrected than he would have if done correctly in the first place.

For many entrepreneurs and investors, your business is your life. The majority or all of your net worth is tied up in your own company. This is a significant investment of both your money and your time. But more importantly, you have also invested your future into this business. I am looking for clients willing to invest the money and time into properly setting up their business and seeking my experience. If you are the person who is looking to spend the absolute least amount of money creating the basis for your future, you are not my client.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Looks like your client got himself in a pickle. When I read that his S-Corp owned all of his LLC's I laughed out loud.

I guess, to me, setting up your LLC / corporations is Business Owner 101 stuff, but I can see how not everyone wants to know / do this stuff. Thanks for the reply.

Another question - in your expert opinion, what states currently have the best case law for charging order protection?

Kinsey6287

Blazin Fast!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 2, 2009
I have set up all my LLC's myself. Kind of like kwerner said,... I thought that was all business owner 101 stuff. Something such as setting up the structure of a company should (in my opinion) always be accomplished by the business owner. That way he/she knows its properly done, and will not have to worry about legal issues in the future. Now,... when we start talking about significant financials, then I'll hire a Business Accountant that I can trust and hold accountable. That's a discussion for another thread though.

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
Thank you for the explanation Global. My intent was not to cast dispersions as much as it was to understand the implied value of your service. For me, I spent several hours researching and learning what I could about basic business formation. Though time was required, I enjoyed the learning process. Your answer clarifies your purpose and the value of professional consultation for those less inclined to invest their time.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
looks like your client got himself in a pickle. When i read that his s-corp owned all of his llc's i laughed out loud.

I guess, to me, setting up your llc / corporations is business owner 101 stuff, but i can see how not everyone wants to know / do this stuff. Thanks for the reply.

Another question - in your expert opinion, what states currently have the best case law for charging order protection?

nv, de, wy

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
I have set up all my LLC's myself. Kind of like kwerner said,... I thought that was all business owner 101 stuff. Something such as setting up the structure of a company should (in my opinion) always be accomplished by the business owner. That way he/she knows its properly done, and will not have to worry about legal issues in the future. Now,... when we start talking about significant financials, then I'll hire a Business Accountant that I can trust and hold accountable. That's a discussion for another thread though.

Every business owner should have a set of trusted advisors. A good accountant should be at the top of that list. But be cautious with advice given by an accountant. You need to remember than an accountant is essentially an IRS employee (yes, I know, not literally, but they are governed by IRS regulation and therefore subject to IRS scrutiny). Just like an attorney is inherently a pessimist and works for the state bar association. You just need to understand the perspective of your advisors. As an entrepreneur, it may not always align with your desired outcome.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Just a note to those that have visited my website. My site does not currently list all services available, including standard LLC formation. I am in process of updating the site, but LLC formation is in fact a service offered. I am not exactly the most web savy entrepreneneur out there and between a crazy travel schedule and moving abroad over the past few months, some things got neglected, like my website. If you have specific questions, ask me. Thanks.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Don't take this wrong...but I filed my LLC by myself for under $300 and received all the above (exception to consult service, but still found ample sources). Did you mean to type $500 off or for $500?

Perhaps you could explain how your services are beneficial and the kind of errors you can help clients avoid.

I don't beleive in DIY in this area. To easy to miss something stupid and get your corporate veil pierced if you get sued. Spend the money and have someone who knows what they are doing, do it properly.

In business there are certian areas where you should try to save money in, capital is limited for everyone. But some areas like business formation need to be done right our you risk losing everything you have built.

LagunaLauren

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
May 20, 2009
Laguna Beach, CA
I agree with hatterasguy-I have always had my attorneys set up my LLCs. In my mind it's not worth it to save a few bucks up front in set up fees if a mistake can cost you assets and money. I'm confident that having my team of attorneys, CPAs, etc. has saved me money by protecting me, maximizing returns/taxes and implementing strategies that best serve my businesses/assets and goals.

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
Well, it seems his problem is not in the formation of the LLC, but in the S-corp.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Well, it seems his problem is not in the formation of the LLC, but in the S-corp.

The problems were many, including the structure, which was advised to him by his old attorney. He had a new attorney advise him to put all of his assets in his wife's name, which is also a terrible idea. He also had many issues with the LLC's. He formed them in NC and SC, which is not the best states for RE ownership and his operating agreements were junk. The point is, he had some bad advice and then did it himself and created a huge mess. And this is a guy worth many millions of dollars. Certainly not an unintelligent guy, but just not knowledgable about proper structure.

randallg99

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
Bobby (or anyone who can chime in)
I did a quick search here seeking an answer to my question but didn't see that it may have been answered or not:
(I currently have a very qualified CPA and tax attorney, but they really shy away from what they consider aggressive practices)

So here goes: any LLC, Sub S, or any entity has profits passed onto the shareholder i.e. me thus the tax rate is based upon the state that I reside in.

So the question is how do I benefit by establishing a corporation in Nevada (hypothetically) without having residence there?

From what I've read, states like PA, NY and NJ have been targeting residents to ensure they receive their share of the tax bill....

thank you in advance.

randallg99

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
I agree with hatterasguy-I have always had my attorneys set up my LLCs. In my mind it's not worth it to save a few bucks up front in set up fees if a mistake can cost you assets and money. I'm confident that having my team of attorneys, CPAs, etc. has saved me money by protecting me, maximizing returns/taxes and implementing strategies that best serve my businesses/assets and goals.

In NJ, I just sign up online to get the EIN and the NJ corp papers. However, I have my attorney create the operating agreement and the articles of incorporation. I save a couple of hundred bucks by doing this.

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
GW,

If I already own an LLC what sort of services do you provide?

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
For anyone that's in the market to start a new business, I highly recommend checking out the GlobalWealthProtection.com website and signing up for the newsletter - Bobby shares a bunch of valuable info in each issue!
:yourock:

tchandy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 16, 2007
Kansas, for now
For anyone that's in the market to start a new business, I highly recommend checking out the GlobalWealthProtection.com website and signing up for the newsletter - Bobby shares a bunch of valuable info in each issue!
:yourock:
I signed up as well! Information on the site was interesting and looking forward for more education.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Thanks guys. If there is a specific topic that interests you, let me know and I will address it in a future newsletter.

tchandy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 16, 2007
Kansas, for now
Thanks guys. If there is a specific topic that interests you, let me know and I will address it in a future newsletter.

I do have a question. I have been pondering if there is a difference in where you have your Corporation. I spoke to a lawyer about getting a Corporation through Nevada, I'm in Texas. He recommended I should have the Corporation through Texas instead of Nevada. He said it would make more sense since you're here in Texas. But I know a lot of people point that Nevada is the best choice so that leaves me a little confused. Thx.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
I do have a question. I have been pondering if there is a difference in where you have your Corporation. I spoke to a lawyer about getting a Corporation through Nevada, I'm in Texas. He recommended I should have the Corporation through Texas instead of Nevada. He said it would make more sense since you're here in Texas. But I know a lot of people point that Nevada is the best choice so that leaves me a little confused. Thx.

For a corporation, it doesn't matter. Corporations offer no outside creditor asset protection anyway, no matter what state you are in. Your corp needs to be in the state where your business has nexus, which for you would be TX.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.