The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

$500 Monthly passive income challenge?

Racoon123

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Nov 10, 2019
Hey Guys Racoon123 here,

So this is actually the first forum I have posted on. As I am reading Unscripted I have become really interested with everyone’s money making ideas and businesses. I have always been curious to try some of these money making ideas people have worked on and have finally decided to give it a go.

I want to start off small and build a passive income. I have a goal of $500 a month. As I do still enjoy my job and I just work in the mornings.
The challenge I have set myself is the business would have to be able to be run from a laptop, needs to only require a few evenings a week and will teach me fun new skills. As its more of a hobby and should be something fun to do.

My ideas was to create a whiteboard animated series on YouTube showing the step by process of our sales cycle for our product.
Once this had traction my ambition was to write a more in depth guide online that people paid a small amount for. As well as a website with forum for ads.

What do you guys think to these ideas or am I way off the mark? Would something like this be able to make a $500 passive income? What do you think?
Any feedback is much appreciated!!

Many Thanks,
Racoon123

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
My ideas was to create a whiteboard animated series on YouTube showing the step by process of our sales cycle for our product.

I'm in to watch your animated series. What's the product?

And you can just start with that. A monetized course. It's not that hard to create a course that brings in $6k a year as long as the course is valuable enough to enough people.

Fresho

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 15, 2019
I would say anybody who earns less than 500$ passively is part of this challenge wheter he wants it or not.
I like this idea.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Honest question, are those whiteboard animated videos that popular? I find them super annoying. It's just my personal opinion though. I'd rather see a series of well designed slides.

I feel it's the video equivalent of those "infographics" that are nothing like real infographics. They just put a drawing instead of the word so like instead of "500 Apples a year!" They give you a 500 and an apple icon. In the case of the YouTube ones I might as well just listen to it in a podcast, the visuals are useless (again, to me, maybe it helps people keep engaged?)

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
btw., whats up with passive income??

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
Hey Guys Racoon123 here,

So this is actually the first forum I have posted on. As I am reading Unscripted I have become really interested with everyone’s money making ideas and businesses. I have always been curious to try some of these money making ideas people have worked on and have finally decided to give it a go.

I want to start off small and build a passive income. I have a goal of $500 a month. As I do still enjoy my job and I just work in the mornings.
The challenge I have set myself is the business would have to be able to be run from a laptop, needs to only require a few evenings a week and will teach me fun new skills. As its more of a hobby and should be something fun to do.

Once this had traction my ambition was to write a more in depth guide online that people paid a small amount for. As well as a website with forum for ads.

What do you guys think to these ideas or am I way off the mark? Would something like this be able to make a $500 passive income? What do you think?
Any feedback is much appreciated!!

Many Thanks,
Racoon123
I am not sure I get it. Whose sales cycle for which product?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.