The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

3 years in the forum.... just made over $10,000 in 2 weeks at 17 years old.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
That story is good!
But I wonder, why no one mentioned : he got 10000 for the jobs; spent 6000 for a course, hast to pay for the outsourced service maybe 2000, has a Rest of maybe 2000, wants th buy ETFs and than has to pay taxes. ??? Oh no, no taxes, if its all.

Or am I completely wrong?
It's 2x 5K on a monthly basis. If he stops wasting all the money upfront, he could easily cover his expenses the next month and go green.

The only problem here is that OP disappeared.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Telamon25346

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
429%
Dec 13, 2017
Dallas, Texas
I need to know the latest news about the evolution of this situation too. I hope that he made tons of similar sales.

wow, It's been a while....

I've been very busy. I got a message from someone named CASEY who found my twitter and phone number today saying he read my post here. I almost forgot I made this post

It's 2x 5K on a monthly basis. If he stops wasting all the money upfront, he could easily cover his expenses the next month and go green.

The only problem here is that OP disappeared.

Haha I did disappear for a bit ;).

but to update, my agency and my prospecting method has changed entirely since I made this post. I use linkedin now, and I focus on the HVAC industry as my niche (I prospect with sales navigator and with the meetalfred plugin) I don't do cold-calls or cold email, the majority of my messaging is through connection requests and linkedin DMs.

I lost the two construction clients I signed shortly after I made this post. Most of it was due to bad communication and not delivering. I thought I could just hire awhite-label agency and go about my life. big mistake.

I've made LOTS and lots of mistakes in the past year. But I've also learned from them.

After I lost those clients, I had to take a step back and see things from an outside perspective. Looking back, the mindset I had when I signed both clients was a very needy mindset. I'm surprised that both of them initially signed on.

I've connected with a team of excellent agency owners and mentors in a private facebook group, And they've taught me almost everything I know about running my agency the right way and countless other things. High-ticket Sales and consulting, copywriting, physical health, mindset. I can't thank them enough.

They helped take me from 0 to over 30k/mo in revenue.

I've graduated highschool now, I originally applied to college but personally it isn't for me. I have in house fulfillment, and I don't use a white-label agency anymore.

Congrats on your success, however I question your decision to immediately spend $6000 on a marketing course.

If you've never had a job before and this is your first successful venture, I expect that you probably don't have much experience managing money.

You made your first $10,000 and you spent over half of it right away on something that you saw an ad for yesterday, and you could probably learn the same things from a $20 book.

My financial habits were TERRIBLE, of course I'm still learning, but my mentors have helped me tons. The only things I buy now are books, chipotle, and occasional necessities. I don't carry a balance on my credit card, I use less than 3% of my credit, and I save the majority of my money. I still believe that you can learn a lot from other people. The greatest purchase I made this year was a 1 on 1 mentorship with a 7 figure agency owner, it was expensive but the lessons I've learned are priceless.

my overall advice for anyone reading this thread, DO NOT do what I did in the beginning, blowing tons of cash on courses. The information is already out there, in my opinion, the best skills you can learn are how to write good copy, sales and high-ticket consulting (NOT to be confused with high ticket closing from dan lok) and speaking with correct tonality.

Find someone who has a business model that's already working, learn from them if you can, but stick to the model regardless of what you know or don't know. There's some things you can only learn by taking action.

I'd be more than happy to answer any questions and comments about my journey so far, what I've been doing etc. Haven't been on the forum in a while so I'd love to catch up

Telamon25346

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
429%
Dec 13, 2017
Dallas, Texas
Whenever I get into these "gray areas" where something doesn't feel right, I ask myself "If the company knew the whole unadulterated truth, would they be OK with it? Or would they be upset?"

Another question to gauge these "Gray Areas" is ask yourself this: If the truth was front page news on Yahoo Finance or Yahoo Business, would the overwhelming response by the general public be "Good for you!" or "Wow, sketchy!"

I go back to the general contractor model. If I paid someone to install a septic system for $20,000 but later discovered my GC outsourced it to a third-party at $2K, I'd be pretty pissed. If I found out they outsourced it at $16K, or $15K, maybe not so much. Bottomline, I know nothing about septic systems so make lack of knowledge perceived "$20K" to be the going value. Ultimately, I'm to blame for a lack of due diligence.

they found out the truth, and it didn't end well. But it helped me build a better business.

never price something with profit first, price is based on the value to the prospect/client, and based on what you will ACTUALLY deliver, my problem was that I was going for the construction niche, I didn't even know what the client actually wanted to do with their business, I thought I just had to provide them customers. And I didn't even know if the white-label agency would deliver good results.

A good example of the right way to go about it:

A prospect is in the HVAC industry, and they're looking to go from 1.2 to 5 million a year in revenue, If you can help them generate commercial or residential installataions and service jobs consistently and on-demand. They can then focus on the other problems in their business, streamline their sales process, and focus on being able scale/sell the company in the long run.

However, that isn't every business. CONSULT before you sell, you need to understand your prospect entirely and the pain points they have before you can offer advice or see if you can even work together.

Telamon25346

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
429%
Dec 13, 2017
Dallas, Texas
The issue for me is this:

Selling someone Google ads management for 5000/mo with 500 adspend is like selling someone a sandwich for 50 bucks with one small slice of meat in it.

That slice of meat better be the best wagyu beef in the world.

In my experience with Google ads, 500/mo doesn't get you far in the construction industry.

So, I can't see this working out very long before the client is wondering what's going on.

Now, if the client is happy in the long term, then I have no problem with it.

absolutely, I just made an update on this in this thread. but $500 in adspend doesn't go far when the average click is $3 or more and the conversion rate on the ad is less than 20%

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
they found out the truth, and it didn't end well. But it helped me build a better business.

never price something with profit first, price is based on the value to the prospect/client, and based on what you will ACTUALLY deliver, my problem was that I was going for the construction niche, I didn't even know what the client actually wanted to do with their business, I thought I just had to provide them customers. And I didn't even know if the white-label agency would deliver good results.

A good example of the right way to go about it:

A prospect is in the HVAC industry, and they're looking to go from 1.2 to 5 million a year in revenue, If you can help them generate commercial or residential installataions and service jobs consistently and on-demand. They can then focus on the other problems in their business, streamline their sales process, and focus on being able scale/sell the company in the long run.

However, that isn't every business. CONSULT before you sell, you need to understand your prospect entirely and the pain points they have before you can offer advice or see if you can even work together.
You nailed it. Every business wants to grow, profit-wise, but that is they objective ? What problem are they trying to solve ? Once an agency identifies the client's objectives, it's way easier for them to deliver and provide value from the pespective of the client. I'm glad to see you're doing great and you took control over some bad habits you had.

If you don't mind, I'm writing you a PM regarding agencies as we are branching our own agency out to offer more services in the upcoming weeks.

Telamon25346

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
429%
Dec 13, 2017
Dallas, Texas
You nailed it. Every business wants to grow, profit-wise, but that is they objective ? What problem are they trying to solve ? Once an agency identifies the client's objectives, it's way easier for them to deliver and provide value from the pespective of the client. I'm glad to see you're doing great and you took control over some bad habits you had.

If you don't mind, I'm writing you a PM regarding agencies as we are branching our own agency out to offer more services in the upcoming weeks.

No problem, feel free to send me a message!

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
Looks like I cannot access your profile nor send you a message: 34250

Screw it:

Short summary of my situation: I'm about to launch partial (to acquire the rest of the skillset for full services), then full marketing agency services. We are working on our structure right now and creating our basic funnels (we even made one for our prospects).

I was just curious to know if you had any tips or resources to launch. I don't really know why I'm sharing all of this... it feels like I need some kind of validation.

We're aiming to offer a full-stack service, but we'll most likely begin with 70-80% of these (only what we know we can deliver and even overdeliver):
  • SEO,
  • Content creation/copywriting
  • Products optimization
  • SMM ( Social Media posts & engagement monitoring)
  • Google/FB Ads
  • Full Google My Business optimization / online presence optimization
  • Funnel creation and management
  • newsletter management
  • etc.

As you can see, we're aiming wide and big here.
We have most of these skills in-house already and are getting the required training for the skills where we are lacking strength.

We have a strategy to build out prospects list and we're also working on a "prospect funnel" with an opt-in incentive to gather more data and more prospects that fit our multiple avatars.

We already are building up our social proofs (mainly in content creation and copywriting for now).

Our goal would be to hit $25K in the first 2 months after launching. At that point we would have contacted and provided value free of charge to at least 400 potential customers that fit one of our avatars and closed a deal with at least 8-10 of them (conservative estimates on both numbers). Even though we would focus on monthly retainers, we'd probably lose a few of these... but our most basic package wouldn't be cheaper than $1000/mo and our main customers would most likely opt for a $3-8K/mo package (which is why I believe we can hit these numbers early on).

Do you know of any resource that could help us launch without too much trouble ? Anything we didn't think about that would've made you progress faster in the first months ?

Last week I began consuming content from Rudy Mawer, which you probably know about. It helped a lot to work on the internal structure and funnels and so on. I somewhat have an idea on how to manage future employees/contractors/freelancers thanks to that. It felt good to find another place on the web that's providing value and not being too much of a guru.

Right now, I'm building funnels and trying to learn more about FB Ads, Homepage optimization, etc. to be ready to provide the best ROI possible for my customers.

This probably make it seem like I'm all over the place, so I'm sorry if you had to read through all of this :happy:. I'm kind of excited - never been as excited in a long time - as the more I progress, the more I feel like 2-4 months in, I'll be able leave my job and focus on building up my new customers revenue !

Have a good day/night,

Jeff

Telamon25346

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
429%
Dec 13, 2017
Dallas, Texas
Looks like I cannot access your profile nor send you a message: View attachment 34250

Screw it:

Short summary of my situation: I'm about to launch partial (to acquire the rest of the skillset for full services), then full marketing agency services. We are working on our structure right now and creating our basic funnels (we even made one for our prospects).

I was just curious to know if you had any tips or resources to launch. I don't really know why I'm sharing all of this... it feels like I need some kind of validation.

We're aiming to offer a full-stack service, but we'll most likely begin with 70-80% of these (only what we know we can deliver and even overdeliver):
  • SEO,
  • Products optimization
  • Google/FB Ads
  • newsletter management
  • etc.

We have most of these skills in-house already and are getting the required training for the skills where we are lacking strength.

We have a strategy to build out prospects list and we're also working on a "prospect funnel" with an opt-in incentive to gather more data and more prospects that fit our multiple avatars.

We already are building up our social proofs (mainly in content creation and copywriting for now).

Our goal would be to hit $25K in the first 2 months after launching. At that point we would have contacted and provided value free of charge to at least 400 potential customers that fit one of our avatars and closed a deal with at least 8-10 of them (conservative estimates on both numbers). Even though we would focus on monthly retainers, we'd probably lose a few of these... but our most basic package wouldn't be cheaper than $1000/mo and our main customers would most likely opt for a $3-8K/mo package (which is why I believe we can hit these numbers early on).

Do you know of any resource that could help us launch without too much trouble ? Anything we didn't think about that would've made you progress faster in the first months ?

Last week I began consuming content from Rudy Mawer, which you probably know about. It helped a lot to work on the internal structure and funnels and so on. I somewhat have an idea on how to manage future employees/contractors/freelancers thanks to that. It felt good to find another place on the web that's providing value and not being too much of a guru.

Right now, I'm building funnels and trying to learn more about FB Ads, Homepage optimization, etc. to be ready to provide the best ROI possible for my customers.

This probably make it seem like I'm all over the place, so I'm sorry if you had to read through all of this :happy:. I'm kind of excited - never been as excited in a long time - as the more I progress, the more I feel like 2-4 months in, I'll be able leave my job and focus on building up my new customers revenue !

Have a good day/night,

Jeff

Awesome, You've got your services down and have a great array of skills in house.

I like the Idea of a prospect funnel, and everything else you said makes sense. But I think you should cut out a lot of it and focus on getting the machine moving, one step at a time. don't worry about future employees/contractors, facebook ads, funnels, or any of that just yet.

1. Create your Ideal avatar.

it can be in one niche, but this is your starting point. Pick a client that you want to work with, learn about their industry, become an EXPERT in that industry. know everything there is to running their business. Doing it this way helps you stand out from other agencies, be perceived as an expert in your niche, and help the clients build rapport and trust you more than large agencies just offering marketing.

you can change niches or branch out in the future but keep things simple in the beginning with one Ideal client.

2. have one or two services in mind that you know you can deliver results with, and connect that to your avatar.

example: if you're good at google my business, facebook ads, SEO, and web design. Take note of that and add it to the avatar, now you're only looking to take on clients that would need a combination or one of those things.

3. reach out to that avatar and get them on the phone, start getting prospects in the pipeline.

there are many ways to go about this, facebook ads, etc. an example would be a google advertisement that's a landing page, with a call to action that books a short phone call, I'll explain more about the phone call and the prospecting itself later.

my personal favorite is a LinkedIn account (craft a good offer in your bio and frame your account so that you are perceived as an expert on the services you offer and in your avatar's industry) then using connection requests and messaging to get clients on the phone.

4. don't offer your service first, consult, and offer to help solve the problem.

You already know how to reach out to clients and get them to book phone calls. but what you do once you get in contact with them decides everything. If anything, I think this is where most agency owners aren't doing it right. There needs to be a mindset shift from "I am an agency selling marketing to business owners, I offer xyz package, do you want to buy my service?" to "I work specifically with xyz industry and I'm looking to help iron out any problems they have in their businesses by providing the type of customers they want at will and on-demand. typically I do that through google ads or xyz services".

Here is an example:

lets say I want to start a marketing agency.

I'll note these things:
- my industry: I work with Personal Injury attorneys
- services I'm good at: I can provide personal injury attorneys with 5-10 quality cases a month, from people who are injured and looking for a personal injury attorney to represent them in court.
I do it by getting my clients at the top of the search engine when a customer in their city is looking for a personal injury attorney in THEIR city.
- where I look for clients: I send connection requests to personal injury attorneys that own law firms on Linkedin, and then ask them if they can handle 5-10 PI cases a month.

what I do if a prospect takes up my offer:
- I book short 15-minute "disqualifying" call with them. I use this call ONLY to see if they are Ideal or not. I ask them questions like: "how many cases a month do you usually do" "have you done marketing before" "how many associates do you have at your firm". this is beneficial for both sides because it places you as an expert in your industry by changing the frame, the client has to prove to YOU that they can handle 5-10 PI cases a month, and that they are actively looking for marketing services Instead of you trying to prove that they need your marketing service, by booking a short 15 minute call, it also relieves some of the pressure. they're not being "sold" or "pitched" right away. It also benefits you because you sort out any potential bad clients (trust me there are some).
- after the 15 minute "disqualifying" call, I get into a deep dive call, (most people call it a discovery call in the agency space). In this call, I won't sell them anything, my main goal is to understand their business, ask questions, find out their goals and problems before even make an offer. get them to talk about themselves. think of when you go to the doctor, he doesn't just prescribe you xanax because he's a doctor does he? no, he first asks you about your situation, where you're feeling pain, then tells you what he thinks is best for you. You need to be consulting and asking questions on this call, no selling. focus on their goals, motives, and problems. for example "where are you in terms of revenue? where do you plan to be in the next 6 months? what is your motive for reaching that revenue goal? what's holding you back from doing that? what type of customers are you looking for?"
- now for the proposal call. if they fit your avatar, and the services that you offer can help them, offer it to them. for example: "mr. prospect, in our last call you said that you wanted to focus more on personal injury cases because you plan on selling your law firm soon, here's what I think will allow you to do that, and here's how we can help".
- make your offer, if they take you up on it, congratulations you have a client, if not, onto the next.

now you can focus on delivering, getting more clients, doing the same thing in other industries and scaling.

there's a lot more to it, like tonality, asking the right kind of questions, and building rapport with the prospects on the call. The big thing, however, is having an abundance mindset. you can DM me and I'll explain anything I didn't quite clearly explain.

Telamon25346

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
429%
Dec 13, 2017
Dallas, Texas
Looks like I cannot access your profile nor send you a message: View attachment 34250

Screw it:

• SEO,
  • Products optimization
  • Google/FB Ads
  • newsletter management
  • etc.

Have a good day/night,

Jeff
also, my Inbox was closed for some reason, I just opened it up so I can recieve messages now.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.