The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2nd Update on "I'm 17 Years Old, And (It Feels Like) I've Already Wasted My Entire Life"

Anything related to matters of the mind

Zercasm

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Feb 6, 2020
Sweden
Hey everyone, around 2 1/2 years ago I posted this thread where basically I was ranting and talking about how I felt completely lost in life and had no clue what I should work towards.
1 Year later, I posted this update on the thread where I talked about where I had gotten, I had just picked up game development in Unity and was about to go into college for a MS in computing science (No college tuition since I live in Sweden).

Now, one year later, at 20 years old I have made even more progress in life and I'm really happy with where I am right now

1659677612947.png
Above are some casual games I've made this year, usually taken a couple of weeks per game and then published them to the web, as you can see, I have gained a play count of over half a million (!!) which feels incredible, seeing as only 2 years ago, I knew literally nothing about game development.
(The last game did quite bad since I made that waay before the others and didn't have a casual web game market in mind when making it)
(Also, I am making money off of these from ad revenue)

The popularity of these games has also allowed me to build up a community (on the chat application Discord) with over 2.000 members who always gives me input on changes, bugs, and who I can promote new releases/big updates to.

My plan now is to keep working on free WebGL games, but I have also had lots of requests to put the most popular title out of these, "Haste-Miner 2" on steam, which I probably will for a couple euros

If anyone is ever in the same situation I was in back when I made that first thread, hopefully these threads will help you a little bit or at least inspire you, I'm also always open for a chat :)

Thanks for reading :)) (Oh, an college is going great)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dean Irwin

The GoalSumo Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jan 1, 2021
Sandy Springs, GA
Hey everyone, around 2 1/2 years ago I posted this thread where basically I was ranting and talking about how I felt completely lost in life and had no clue what I should work towards.
1 Year later, I posted this update on the thread where I talked about where I had gotten, I had just picked up game development in Unity and was about to go into college for a MS in computing science (No college tuition since I live in Sweden).

Now, one year later, at 20 years old I have made even more progress in life and I'm really happy with where I am right now

View attachment 44619
Above are some casual games I've made this year, usually taken a couple of weeks per game and then published them to the web, as you can see, I have gained a play count of over half a million (!!) which feels incredible, seeing as only 2 years ago, I knew literally nothing about game development.
(The last game did quite bad since I made that waay before the others and didn't have a casual web game market in mind when making it)

The popularity of these games has also allowed me to build up a community (on the chat application Discord) with over 2.000 members who always gives me input on changes, bugs, and who I can promote new releases/big updates to.

My plan now is to keep working on free WebGL games, but I have also had lots of requests to put the most popular title out of these, "Haste-Miner 2" on steam, which I probably will for a couple euros

If anyone is ever in the same situation I was in back when I made that first thread, hopefully these threads will help you a little bit or at least inspire you, I'm also always open for a chat :)

This is an awesome thing to see! Congratulations on your success!

yashdutt

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Jul 14, 2022
India

View attachment 44619

wow dude, I'm 18 and probably the same as you were in the beginning, just completed high school gonna go for a business degree and planning to start a venture simultaneously with university.

Zercasm

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Feb 6, 2020
Sweden
wow dude, I'm 18 and probably the same as you were in the beginning, just completed high school gonna go for a business degree and planning to start a venture simultaneously with university.
Sounds cool, what kind of venture are you looking into?

yashdutt

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Jul 14, 2022
India
Sounds cool, what kind of venture are you looking inso

Sounds cool, what kind of venture are you looking into?
So I just started looking into stuff cause I've just finished TMF and one thing that interests me right now is game development. Like those games that any age group can play. Like candy crush etc. It follows the CENTS rule too. Also, i was looking into digital marketing as I've done an internship in it too and have some experience in it. But the Entry barrier is not that big so I thought of dropping this idea. To be honest, i am not quite clear of what venture I'm gonna start as of today , I'm just noting down all the business ideas that I think follow the cents rule and I'll choose one of them later before University starts. What are your thoughts and suggestions regarding the same?

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
This is great progress. Congrats.

What kind of revenue are you seeing from these games?

Trait

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jun 22, 2021
Bangladesh
Thank you :) what kind of games are you working on currently? Any advice you've learned along the way?
I am making a game for the PC market so it takes way longer to ship a game so Idk how much you would relate to my advice. Mobile gamedev is like a short sprint while PC gamedev is more like a marathon.

But a universal piece of advice of mine for all game devs is to treat their games as a product and not a piece of art - as in the Cents formula also applies to games, although need for games is much easier to spot in PC market than Mobile market.

Zercasm

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Feb 6, 2020
Sweden
I am making a game for the PC market so it takes way longer to ship a game so Idk how much you would relate to my advice
Oh, I don't make mobile games, all my games are made with the pc market in mind with only a few being playable on mobile as well :)

DB1

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Apr 6, 2022

View attachment 44619

Wow great work, really inspiring!

@yashdutt I'm actually in a very similar situation, I'm 18 and just started studying business while learning entrepreneurship on the side. Been looking into starting a digital marketing agency and am starting out soon, learning the fundamental skills for now, have you checked out Sean Marshall or Fox here? Keen to talk more, I'll DM you :)

yashdutt

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Jul 14, 2022
India

@yashdutt I'm actually in a very similar situation, I'm 18 and just started studying business while learning entrepreneurship on the side. Been looking into starting a digital marketing agency and am starting out soon, learning the fundamental skills for now, have you checked out Sean Marshall or Fox here? Keen to talk more, I'll DM you :)

wow dude that's so good, lets catch up and I havent heard about the guys you've mentioned :)

nnogalaxy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
May 23, 2022
Ayy this is really cool! I'm glad youre seeing progress! Wish you the best and keep going!

I'm currently 17 and im pretty much in the same path as you. Been putting my all into self improvement and trying to start my own agency haha.

Zercasm

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Feb 6, 2020
Sweden
Ayy this is really cool! I'm glad youre seeing progress! Wish you the best and keep going!

I'm currently 17 and im pretty much in the same path as you. Been putting my all into self improvement and trying to start my own agency haha.
Thank you :) and good luck on your journey

John TenBrink

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jan 26, 2018
Raleigh

That is so great to hear...and good for you to hang in there.

Wisdom tells us that when we stop "striving" to get things in life, the doors of opportunity automatically open at the most opportune times.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.