The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

27yo In Scotland looking to be an Infopreneur

Rise and Shine

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Dec 28, 2015
Hi Guys,

I have read the book twice over the course of 3 years but not yet taken any real action. I have lurked on these forums from time to time gaining nuggets of insight and motivation but my lack of execution has made those nuggets and motivation fleeting.

I am ready to take action and execute in 2016. Its time to stay lurking in life and on these forums and to start to participate. I look forward to getting to know some of you better.

I am jumping straight in for INSIDERS membership as it is time to invest in myself and also give back to MJ and this community.

I wont be specific about my website/idea here just yet, only on the INSIDERS forum but my initial goal is to have 1,000 people tell me personally that I have helped them achieve what I am hoping to teach them. I believe if you become valuable to enough people that value will be returned to you.

So step one of this is launching the first version of my website and blog within the next 6 months.

I look forward to learning and sharing along side you all.

Best regards,
Rise and Shine

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Hi Guys,

I have read the book twice over the course of 3 years but not yet taken any real action. I have lurked on these forums from time to time gaining nuggets of insight and motivation but my lack of execution has made those nuggets and motivation fleeting.

I am ready to take action and execute in 2016. Its time to stay lurking in life and on these forums and to start to participate. I look forward to getting to know some of you better.

I am jumping straight in for INSIDERS membership as it is time to invest in myself and also give back to MJ and this community.

I wont be specific about my website/idea here just yet, only on the INSIDERS forum but my initial goal is to have 1,000 people tell me personally that I have helped them achieve what I am hoping to teach them. I believe if you become valuable to enough people that value will be returned to you.

So step one of this is launching the first version of my website and blog within the next 6 months.

I look forward to learning and sharing along side you all.

Best regards,
Rise and Shine

Welcome to the forum!

It sounds like you're starting from a good foundation.
It takes most people years to get to the point you're at.

What stops you from launching your website and blog by Friday?

Rise and Shine

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Dec 28, 2015
Thanks Sinister,

Domains (I'm split testing two names, will ask for feedback on the INSIDERS between the two soon) are registered and WP installed. What is left is for me to research and write the content.

I basically want to present a simple guide to helping people achieve an aspect of self improvement in their lives. I want this to be very simple and actionable that produces real results for people for free. I will later move on to monetisation through selling advanced guides/courses and potentially coaching (although I know coaching isnt fastlane).

My next couple of steps look like:

- Mindmap process/website execution (90% complete)
- Create site map from mindmap (0%)
- Break down each section into chunks research each chunk (0%)
- Write each chunk (0%)
- Upload to wordpress (0%)
- invite participants and gather feedback (0%)
- Revise and rework content based on feedback (0%)
- Repeat until satisfied with user achievement (0%)
- Start developing advanced content (0%)

So Im still very much at the beginning stages with a few months of research to do.

I do like the intent of your post though, the problem I have been having is major pralaysis through analysis. I like to plan to plan and possibly plan some more if it justifies delaying taking action for a little bit longer! I will try and complete the mindmap today!

Cheers,
Rise and Shine

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
Welcome!

What stops you from launching your website and blog by Friday?

Have to agree. Those "I gonna start 2016"s are simply excuses to not start now IMO. Why not start today? I'm not a fan of new years resolutions aswell, commit yourself to doing what you want to do and then just do it, no matter what the day, the week, the month or the year says. If you start today, you can get a lot of shit done until 2016 arrives.

I know this mentality.. I used to tell myself "oh it's already friday, let's start on monday" but guess what happened when monday arrived? Right, nothing.

Rise and Shine

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Dec 28, 2015
Welcome!

Have to agree. Those "I gonna start 2016"s are simply excuses to not start now IMO. Why not start today? I'm not a fan of new years resolutions aswell, commit yourself to doing what you want to do and then just do it, no matter what the day, the year, the month or the years says. If you start today, you can get a lot of shit done until 2016 arrives.

I know this mentality.. I used to tell myself "oh it's already friday, let's start on monday" but guess what happened when monday arrived? Right, nothing.

I am constantly waiting for all my lights to turn green....

I know this is the way to life to live a life full of regret.

As I have stated the content is not ready to go up on friday BUT both of you have inspired me to at least have a landing page with to collect potential email addresses by Friday!

Cheers!

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
I am constantly waiting for all my lights to turn green....

I know this is the way to life to live a life full of regret.

As I have stated the content is not ready to go up on friday BUT both of you have inspired me to at least have a landing page with to collect potential email addresses by Friday!

Cheers!

You don't have to have everything finished until friday, if your website is your product (your content) you definitely should put some time into your product. But setting up a blog shouldn't take too long.

Anyways it took me about 4 years after reading TMF to really putting it into action, mainly because I didn't want to take action. You will know why you should start today, as soon as you do it.

Rise and Shine

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Dec 28, 2015
@AndrewNC just shed a single tear. :hilarious:

Haha, the specific type of coaching I actually want to do is email based monthly subscription to hopefully ~200 people at a time which I would consider Fastlane(ish) (or at least good enough for what I want to achieve) and a reasonable time vs earning equation but I wasn't sure if people would take use with that so I thought I would cover my back!

(on a side note, I'm noticing a big Nietzsche fan base on this forum..)

ChrisJTurner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Mar 13, 2015
UK
I don't mean to piss on anyone's bonfire here but I am a little confused to how you want to be a life coach when you have spent the last 3 years procrastinating your idea?
You wouldn't take fitness advice from an obese fitness instructor, if you get what I mean.

Don't get me wrong, as soon as you over come your procrastination and have some amazing insights to how people can personally develop, you'll able to make some good money.
You just need to execute your game plan and heed the advice given by the good folk on this forum; and you'll do just fine.

Quit procrastinating, quit crying about it and DO IT NOW, LIKE TODAY!

Rise and Shine

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Dec 28, 2015
I don't mean to piss on anyone's bonfire here but I am a little confused to how you want to be a life coach when you have spent the last 3 years procrastinating your idea?
You wouldn't take fitness advice from an obese fitness instructor, if you get what I mean.

Don't get me wrong, as soon as you over come your procrastination and have some amazing insights to how people can personally develop, you'll able to make some good money.
You just need to execute your game plan and heed the advice given by the good folk on this forum; and you'll do just fine.

Quit procrastinating, quit crying about it and DO IT NOW, LIKE TODAY!

All feedback is welcome Chris! happy to have your input.

I totally understand where you are coming from and I agree with you (to a certain extent)!

I guess it would be easier if I gave a bit more detail. The intent of my website is help people build and maintain morning routines. I admit that I am not yet a 'master' of morning routines but recently I have made great leaps in this area of my life (currently get up at 3:30am most week days) and I have learnt a combination of tactics that have helped me do this where as I have been studying self development for the past 10 years and not quite been able to sustain anything.

So shouldn't I wait until I am a 'master' before I start a website teaching other people?

Well I would say no, I believe if you want something - give it away, if you want to learn something - teach it!

The website will be a process of discovery for both me and participants. It will also be free, I want to help as many people as possible and in the process I will also be helping myself. It will be in a sort of 'beta' stage until I am getting solid positive feedback about the process outlined in the site.

When 'mastery' is achieved, thats when I will start talking about monetisation. At the moment its a process of growth, discovery and helping people for free.

I am working on putting theory into practice and I will develop my content around what has worked for me and then amend it based on what works for the majority of people.

I really do appriciate everyone lighting a fire under my a$$. I am learning about landing pages as I write! I am catching a flight in a 2 hours so not a massive amount will be done today.

Cheers,
Rise and Shine

EDIT: Also starting the blog now will give me chance to record my progress and hold myself accountable. People are also more likely to warm to if they can see your past failings and that you've gone through a struggle they can relate to. Websites like this done take off overnight so hopefully by the time it gains traction I will have shown a real progression and validation for the content I am distributing.

Last edited:

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
So shouldn't I wait until I am a 'master' before I start a website teaching other people?

Well I would say no, I believe if you want something - give it away, if you want to learn something - teach it!

I agree with you here.

In college, I was hired by the local music academy to teach trombone lessons. I did not own a trombone, and had never played one before. I learned a F*ck-ton about trombone that semester, and made money while doing so. I just had to stay one lesson ahead of the kids I was teaching. However, I was a French Horn major, which is a similar skillset, and allowed me to "fake it until I made it".

Another example: I sell on Amazon now, and one of the biggest gurus right now is Scott Voelker. He has a mediocre Amazon business, selling some pretty lame "me-too" products. Yet, he's got 21,000 active followers on Facebook, and his "real" business is making tons of money by affiliate marketing for Amazon software/services.

ChrisJTurner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Mar 13, 2015
UK

My words was only supposed to sound a little harsh to encourage you to do it, I guess a bit of tough love never hurt anyone.

You can start by teaching it here; and potentially you can find your first customers here too.

Rise and Shine

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Dec 28, 2015
Thanks @SinisterLex @Supa @ChrisJTurner for the words of encouragement and the push to take action NOW.

Its not Friday yet but I have the home page of my site up!

Any feedback is welcome :) Obviously ALOT of work needs done and ALL the content needs added. I just wanted to take action to get the ball rolling.

Attachments

• Superriserwebspage.jpg
    Superriserwebspage.jpg
    324.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisJTurner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Mar 13, 2015
UK
Thanks @SinisterLex @Supa @ChrisJTurner for the words of encouragement and the push to take action NOW.

Its not Friday yet but I have the home page of my site up!

Any feedback is welcome :) Obviously ALOT of work needs done and ALL the content needs added. I just wanted to take action to get the ball rolling.

Well done!

Its a start and it seems you have overcome your original procrastination.

Keep it going and keep us all informed of the project.

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...