The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

21 Year Old Musician

flinchjackal

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 31, 2022
Hello I go by Flinch online but my real name is Tuna.

I'm from Turkey and ever since I was born my whole life was a battle.
I could not have a normal childhood.
I was fat obese ugly and smelly my whole life, I did not have any social skills and people genuienly avoided me and ran away from me so all I did was play video games as a kid. I always had troubles with authority and stuff and I got kicked out of 5 schools. I had no friends. Ever. My parents really didn't teach me any skills.
The last year of high school, instead of kicking me out they put me in a class alone.
This coincided with me seeing Kurt Cobain play live on Youtube and discovering rock music at 17.
I was in this classroom alone and everyday I'd have 2 lessons and 6 empty lessons.
During those empty lessons I'd study music or watch videos about songwriting and such, or play my nintendo that I snuck in, read books or watch dumb youtube videos whatever.
I started to write songs and learn the guitar.
I always told people that I would study abroad and I would study art but around 17, the idea was clear.
I would study music in the uk.
I hit 18 and I get accepted to the uni but because of monetary problems I could not go.
After 18 years of loneliness I got accepted to the uni I wanted but I couldn't go. So I stay in my room alone for 1 more year. I keep studying music and practicing guitar.
I finally get to uni but it sucks and people treat me like a leper and weirdo. I still have no friends.
I know I make great music I try to get a band but nothings works I'm depressed as hell. I try to get a gf and such but I'm not really attractive and my personality is kinda repulsive aswell because I've been suicidal and depressed my whole life.

Now this year, I take bodybuilding seriously, being fed up with being a loser I decide to change my life and myself. I work on my social skills I decide to chase life. I start kickboxing and put on some size. I also get a job to support my dad because WE ARE VERY POOR. After washing dishes with my hands for 8 hours for very busy kitchens, I get a job in a thrift store in Camden (which is my fav part in London) I start to look good so I get a new dream to be an actor I take some acting classes. I finally get some people to play for my band and because I really want to play gigs I go to venues and ask to play some shows. Some say no but I get a yes. We play one it went ok then I play another, someone even asked us to play a festival. Our band logo is on the poster. I am also actually becoming charismatic and my body is starting to look better and people say im confident and charismatic and outgoing now. I am officially cool and look like a rockstar. Finally after never having any opportunities i feel like I might get somewhere. Even channel 4 from uk contacts me says my story is interesting they want to shoot a documentary with me (I sat down with them they r legit)

Now comes the kicker, I get fired from my job. Our drummer quits. My dad fails to send me any money therefore I can't pay rent because it's very hard to live on £150 a week while my rent is £100. (I legit had to walk through dogshit everyday and I had to piss outside we didn't have water etc etc it was avery bad place) Because rent is late 4 days my landlady kicks me out this coincides with the shooting that Channel 4 was gonna do with me. So my so called "shot" also goes to waste. And I have to now take a plane back to Turkey as I cannot afford to stay anywhere in the UK and I'm jobless. I come back and we don't even have money to buy some cajun spice here.

I realized because I live in a third world country and because we are so poor that I cannot pursue my dreams. I cannot be an artist because I am poor. I come back from UK with opportunities to third world Turkey, you think I gave up? NO. Of course not. I made a website to sell some tshirts and some merch, I decide to grow my Youtube so I start uploading daily (stuck at 315 subs lol) but one of my songs kinda blew up to 1k views so I'm happy for that. I start working on an online course to teach how to record and write music.
Just because I cannot pursue my dreams in the entertainment industry doesn't mean I can't try to make online income or grow my online fanbase.
I'm still not really getting much traction but I know that I just gotta be persistent and keep punching.

I know that I am one of those artists that come once in a lifetime, I have this great gift inside me that I cannot give to the world because I am so poor. I want to really inspire others and build this community for people that never belonged anwyhere. I can't because I am poor. I started millionaire fastlane and I think this is what I need. I just need to have money so I can pursue art and stop worrying if I'm going to be homeless the next day or be able to eat.

I'll attach pics of me so u guys can see how my looks have tranisitoned.

sorry my writing is a trainwreck.

I see the kids in uni enjoying life, eating food, going outside buying clothes. I wish that could be me. I wish I could just spend £20 on food and buy clothes that aren't from thrift stores for once. I wish I could afford things.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• fastl.png
    fastl.png
    946.7 KB · Views: 7
  • ROCK.jpg
    ROCK.jpg
    603.7 KB · Views: 6

Feliponius

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jul 31, 2022
Congrats on gaining some traction! I know the setback is hard, but you've got the right approach to try and turn some things around.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...