The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2022 Side Hustle

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Looking to develop a valuable skill in something. Any suggestions which will be good long term. I've seen coding, copywriting etc but whats your guys advice or thoughts
Depends what do you mean by valuable in long term.

-Food delivery through cycling/walking to bump up cardio exercise volume, while getting paid to do so.

-Part time sales job

-Anything that fixes things. Helping old people with electronic gadgets and computers. Learn to fix and repair smart phones.

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
Build a skill tied to a strength/talent/advantage you already have.

You can of course learn anything, but it is good to have that extra edge.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
This is a very vague question. Most skills can be valuable.

What's your experience?

Have you any contacts in any industries?

Have you any ideas for a Fastlane business that learning a specific skill could help?

Bernardo De Mach

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
May 31, 2020
United Kingdom
I get you its very vague.
So, bit of a background i'm very analytical. In response to that video if money wasn't an issue what would I do? probably go into scholastic work because I like topics on philosophy particularly memetics. I'd also carry on MMA and weight lifting because it makes me feel good.

I do most of what I want to do anyway, but I don't like having supervisors or managers at work. I prefer to work alone, or be in a position where I can make independent decisions. My mbti personality type is ENTP or ESTJ (not sure if that helps or not)

I don't care if I have to work 60hrs a week for 5-6 years, want to be able to generate my own income and have more personal control, tbh i've been working 70 hours a week working for someone else. I just can't trust whatever is online. So many gurus on trading and dropshipping and so many promises. I did dropshipping and the process was a lot of learning and frustrating with many errors. I would stick it out but I wanna know if this stuff actually works or am I chasing internet smoke.

I'm asking this forum because this is the only place i'd trust, i know my essay is all over the place

Bernardo De Mach

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
May 31, 2020
United Kingdom
I get you its very vague.
So, bit of a background i'm very analytical. In response to that video if money wasn't an issue what would I do? probably go into scholastic work because I like topics on philosophy particularly memetics. I'd also carry on MMA and weight lifting because it makes me feel good.

I do most of what I want to do anyway, but I don't like having supervisors or managers at work. I prefer to work alone, or be in a position where I can make independent decisions. My mbti personality type is ENTP or ESTJ (not sure if that helps or not)

I don't care if I have to work 60hrs a week for 5-6 years, want to be able to generate my own income and have more personal control, tbh i've been working 70 hours a week working for someone else. I just can't trust whatever is online. So many gurus on trading and dropshipping and so many promises. I did dropshipping and the process was a lot of learning and frustrating with many errors. I would stick it out but I wanna know if this stuff actually works or am I chasing internet smoke.

I'm asking this forum because this is the only place i'd trust, i know my essay is all over the place
So to clarify, I want to know what skills are out there that are profitable or not over saturated. My strengths would be in copywriting or any analytical piece of work. What about learning to trade as a professional trader? I've seen another post on a kid who was told off that forex trading= gambling and not a fastlane, I have friends that lost loads of money but also friends that have made loads of money.

Right now, when I did dropshipping my life situation was extremely chaotic. Borderline ex on one side, own personal mental health, few car accidents, jumping jobs and dealing being in a area where you are dragged into other peoples drama, like someone getting stabbed outside your house because they set up a crack selling spot on my road.

So i've moved to a very quite place, its abit more expensive but the space did a lot of good for my focus. I am finally showing upto work and maintaining attendance. I have paid of my debts and my work is very very chilled, I complete everything in 2 hours and have 6 hours to kill. I thought if I can capitalize on those 6 hours for a side hustle. I have access to a PC and a laptop, but I lack awareness of whats possible, whats legit and whats a scam. Hence i'm asking what can I get started in or what is out there

Last edited:

Bernardo De Mach

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
May 31, 2020
United Kingdom
If you want to work alone and consider coding to be a good choice, I'd pay more attention to this. The salaries in the IT-sphere are high, and you will have the possibility to work wherever you want. My current side hustle is writing (I'm happy to wprk with the guys from https://writingunіverse.com/free-essay-examples/higher-education/) and I like it, but I'm thinking about changing my occupation and learning to program. People with coding skills have more opportunities like working as a freelancer, tutoring, creating their own blog or website dedicated to programming, creating e-books, starting a YouTube channel on coding, etc. I'm sure there are cases when people start coding to earn additional money but end up using it as a main job.
I want to give writing a go because I have to write for all my relatives etc for government letters and sometimes company brochures. But I always thought copywriting was a over saturated market with easy entry and same with coding? please correct me if im wrong im an absolute noob in this

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
A musical instrument like the guitar?
I don't know if you will be able to make money from it, but music is exciting, and like learning a new language, it helps to strengthen your brain ;)

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
I want to give writing a go because I have to write for all my relatives etc for government letters and sometimes company brochures. But I always thought copywriting was a over saturated market with easy entry and same with coding? please correct me if im wrong im an absolute noob in this
Have you checked Lex DeVille's threads on copywriting and freelance copywriting ? They are pretty good.
if you already have an inclination and interest to writing I would look into it and dive deeper, as said, focus on your strengths.
These markets seem saturated but they are also on constant growth, and you can distinguish yourself by focusing on value, having good clients and communication skills, as Lex says !
Here :
Tips to get started on Upwork in 2022
Step by step upwork tutorial

Bernardo De Mach

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
May 31, 2020
United Kingdom
Have you checked Lex DeVille's threads on copywriting and freelance copywriting ? They are pretty good.
if you already have an inclination and interest to writing I would look into it and dive deeper, as said, focus on your strengths.
These markets seem saturated but they are also on constant growth, and you can distinguish yourself by focusing on value, having good clients and communication skills, as Lex says !
Here :
Tips to get started on Upwork in 2022
Step by step upwork tutorial
thanks bro! I've just been reading "Escape the rat race" and I feel like I got slapped in the head with truth! I've been focusing on the best way to make a business quick (start a dropship in 5 days etc) but this shit takes time and patience and a lot of belief. I've decided to go into copywriting and work on my skill in terms of demonstrating perceived value.

Really appreciate all the help from you guys

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Work in reverse. Look into sectors and industries that have the potential to bring is lots of momey if you solve the right problem. No point in learning a skill which the return on value will not suffice.

Ridiculous example: Is it worth learning to knit scarfs just because you found a niche that you can sell in? Not if your goal is to retire with a large amount of wealth.

Find out what skills are needed and go from there.

Some examples that have not been give. yet.

Import/Export: Most everything you own when through this process (Check out Walter Hay's forum posts).

Logistics: With today's supply chain crunch, we could use people who can solve major problems in our supply chain.

AI Deep Learning: The new frontier. If you are smart enough, you will have a huge advantage.

The bread and butter of course:

1. Marketing
2. Sales
3. Copywriting

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
thanks bro! I've just been reading "Escape the rat race" and I feel like I got slapped in the head with truth! I've been focusing on the best way to make a business quick (start a dropship in 5 days etc) but this shit takes time and patience and a lot of belief. I've decided to go into copywriting and work on my skill in terms of demonstrating perceived value.

Really appreciate all the help from you guys
Go for it man !

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.