The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
Is this just another productivity thread that lasts 3 posts and stops dead in its tracks (I've been guilty of that)? If that's what you're looking for, this ain't it.

Let me just give you a slight run down of my life before I continue on because I don't want to deviate from the actual meaning behind this thread.

MY LIFE SO FAR:
Born. Played Soccer for 20 years (I'm 26 now) and was paid for it, injuries got me good which forced me to retire 2 years ago. Worked some bad crap jobs, including waiting, call centres & marketing. Had my FTE. Loved developing websites. Realised companies undervalue Freelancers. Found my why. Started my own Creative Agency. Moved to San Diego from Melbourne. Write this story...

Okay so there's the gist. You've caught up on 26 years of my life in 26 seconds.

To get a good grasp of where you want to be, you need to sit down and evaluate what you want to become a habit. Do you want to get in shape? Create the habit of working out 5-6 times a week. Do you want to be a writer? Then make the effort to write every.single.day.

So where do I want to be? Read down.

MY GOALS FOR THIS YEAR:
Finish College (I'm on track for November 2019)
• $100,000 Income (AUD)
• Go on Holiday at least once
• Learn how to play Guitar
• 11-12% Body Fat
• Read 52 books in the year (1 a week)

This is just a short list, this doesn't include become a better writer, networker, communicator, designer... human! Because doing all that will lead me to my $100,000 income.

So, what now? Where am I at?
I'm currently sitting in my apartment in San Diego, writing this thread. Fingers lingering over my keyboard wondering what I should write next and how I should write it.

Well, luckily for me... I'm already in the habit of working out everyday and have been for 2-3 years now; that habit has formed, I just need to control my eating portions. I suck a$$ at Guitar, I'll need to buy a new one since I had to leave mine back home in Australia. Going on Holiday, well that's where it gets tricky! I'm currently in San Diego, I go back home in June and fly out to Boston in September for my brothers wedding.

But does that count?! Hell no! I want to go to Bali again so I can experience it a different way. I found a better self when I went there, and I want to go again in December.

Read 52 books in a year?! Ha, nice try you may say. That's about a 500% increase from last year. Well, right now I'm sitting on book 3 and I'm on track so far. The quest for knowledge is happening people, and I'm on track.

I'm hoping going to keep myself accountable, I'm not going to do that through this thread -- because I want to find accountability through myself not an external source. However, I hope that this thread will be looked at from someone who was once like me... someone who was an action faker, not an action taker and can see the progress some one can make in 1 year/365 days/52 weeks.

I hope you find the time to like and enjoy this! Stay tuned. There's more where that came from.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jonathan Hoch

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jan 17, 2019
I use audible for my knowledge consumption. Fire up a book and then have it set on 1.25-1.5x speed. It just sounds like they drank a bunch of coffee before narrating. I’ve been able to knock out AT LEAST 42 books in the last 4 months!

Also, is there a specific reason you are looking at your money in AUD while in USA? Are you still targeting the Australian market?

How are you liking San Diego? I lived in La Jolla for a year after the military. Beautiful area.

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
I'm going to try update this thread weekly, daily will be too damn hard and will take me away from the real progress.

1/21 - 1/28
This week I plan to complete:
- Flew back to San Diego
- Finish the Copywriting book 'How to Write Copy That Sells: The Step-By-Step System' by Ray Edwards
- Start and finish new book 'Living with a SEAL: 31 Days Training with the Toughest Man on the Planet' by Jesse Itzler
- Write in my goals journal everyday
- Finish mockup for website I'm currently Designing/Developing
- Gym 5 times this week (allowing myself to recover from jet lag)

I'd love book recommendations if you have any!

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
I use audible for my knowledge consumption. Fire up a book and then have it set on 1.25-1.5x speed. It just sounds like they drank a bunch of coffee before narrating. I’ve been able to knock out AT LEAST 42 books in the last 4 months!

Also, is there a specific reason you are looking at your money in AUD while in USA? Are you still targeting the Australian market?

How are you liking San Diego? I lived in La Jolla for a year after the military. Beautiful area.
I also have and use Audible, however I personally retain knowledge better by reading rather than listening. I want to focus on processing the words when hearing, but right now I want to pinpoint my goals and not overwhelm myself. Still, an impressive feat! What's your favourite Audiobook?

Honestly, because right now all my income is in AUD. $100,000 AUD will get me further than $60,000 USD if that makes sense. I'm targeting both markets (partially why I moved here is to gain US Clients). Whenever I gain a US client, I just add an extra 40% or so when I calculate how much their proposal is worth, since I then convert that USD to AUD. I hope that makes any sense.

I love San Diego, very expensive! Sadly, I live in El Cajon. La Jolla is gorgeous and would definitely be an amazing place to live! I'd personally love to live in Pacific Beach.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.