The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2019 Fastlane Summit - Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
To be specific, the EVENT exists because of the FORUM, the FORUM does NOT exist because of the EVENT.

Yes that is true, but nearly every group, organization, association or club has to have get-togethers or meetings to sustain interest, growth and camaraderie. Otherwise it rarely sustains over a long period of time. People tend to leave, as others join.

Similar interests beget group get togethers.

Just take a look at car clubs, motorcycle clubs, chess clubs, real estate investing groups, etc.

We all want to learn, impart, show off, grow, and relate to others that understand the same 'why' we enjoy or do things. Most of us receive something greater from community when we meet up that we cannot receive via just a response on a forum.

I think for long term sustainability, the Forum and Summit meetups go hand in hand. It definitely helps me to identify better with like-minded people, and keeps me coming back because I respect not only what they have to say but see their growth and accomplishments.

One cannot trade personal interaction with only a comment on a Forum

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Just so I am clear @Vigilante, I am volunteering the @Kung Fu Steve and I can organize the event.

Him and I hosted conferences together for several years so we are familiar with what it takes.

We have also been to the meet-up for close to a decade every single time so I think we get the format and expectations.

Now it's up to MJ to approve.

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk

Son of a...

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Just so I am clear @Vigilante, I am volunteering the @Kung Fu Steve and I can organize the event.

Him and I hosted conferences together for several years so we are familiar with what it takes.

We have also been to the meet-up for close to a decade every single time so I think we get the format and expectations.

Not gonna firewalk. With you or even if big buddy shows up!

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
G

GuestUser4aMPs1

Well, it's disheartening to hear there won't be an official event.
But it's your forum, your decision. Can't argue with that @MJ DeMarco

That being said, I agree with the sentiment that if the community wants it, let there be SOMETHING. Even if it's small and likened to the old B&P events.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
@GlobalWealth Can we do it in Panama? :rofl:

@MJ DeMarco

I've been here to support since day one.

If you need/want us to help out this year it's not even a question. We'll do it.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
@GlobalWealth Can we do it in Panama? :rofl:

@MJ DeMarco

I've been here to support since day one.

If you need/want us to help out this year it's not even a question. We'll do it.
You already read my mind. I was thinking the Panama City HRH.

But if we do it I suggest keeping it in AZ for consistency.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
If these wonderful characters run an event, it will be at Gilligan's bar with pitchers of vodka on the tables. :)

I don't see the problem...

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
If these wonderful characters run an event, it will be at Gilligan's bar with pitchers of vodka on the tables. :)
And you'd be the first ticket sale

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
Damn. Hopefully this makes the 2019 one even more epic.

If you need a speaker I'm happy to contribute.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
783%
May 5, 2014
I read this thread the day you posted it and typed a response but didnt post it. I just wasnt sure how I wanted to react to it.

I've made lifelong friends from your meet ups MJ, I do business with multiple people from this forum and have had many people on this forum help me, let me live with them, let me learn from them, and I hope to be friends with them for the rest of my life.

I remember speaking my first year not knowing anyone and being completely broke at 20 years old and @Vigilante standing up saying I'd be a millionaire one day. Fast forward to today and I'll probably achieve that before I'm 26 (in large part because of this forum and the people I've met through it).

I agree with the points that lighthouse, million$smile, and Bio made - theres no need to reiterate them. But I'll also continue to come and contribute to the threads where I can add value. I think you definitely should do the meet up if any of these posts are changing your mind.

I also think if you dont want to do it like they've been done in the past, we could mix it up and make a smaller event with fewer speakers and more networking/hanging out. You could pre-sell spaces before booking and make it a more tight nit enviornment to reduce your risk without losing the aspects that make the meet up so great.

G

Guest12120

I joined the forum 6 years ago, went to two unofficial events, one official + had a ticket for another one but had to cancel due to a serious family emergency. I might still be paying for Fastlane INSIDERS.

For the first few years, I was here daily but the last time I posted something was 2 years ago.

I actually thought about the forum today and why I stopped visiting it and then I saw the link to this post on FB :)

I think for me it is just easier to have all my interest groups in one place on FB. As limited as they may be for the owners, it's just easier for users. I am a member of groups that cover only subjects that interest me the most, so the content is usually pretty valuable.

I think over the years Fastlane evolved to be something more than just a forum. It's an idea that could be promoted in many different places and doesn't necessarily need MJ's involvement in everything that happens under the Fastlane banner. Unless of course MJ wants to retain 100% control over everything.

Btw I don't necessarily think the meetup agenda needs 10 hours of presentations every day as conversations over drinks are what make these meetups special.

PS: I'm not against "Gilligan's bar with pitchers of vodka on the tables" idea.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I joined the forum 6 years ago, went to two unofficial events, one official + had a ticket for another one but had to cancel due to a serious family emergency. I might still be paying for Fastlane INSIDERS.

For the first few years, I was here daily but the last time I posted something was 2 years ago.

I actually thought about the forum today and why I stopped visiting it and then I saw the link to this post on FB :)

I think for me it is just easier to have all my interest groups in one place on FB. As limited as they may be for the owners, it's just easier for users. I am a member of groups that cover only subjects that interest me the most, so the content is usually pretty valuable.

I think over the years Fastlane evolved to be something more than just a forum. It's an idea that could be promoted in many different places and doesn't necessarily need MJ's involvement in everything that happens under the Fastlane banner. Unless of course MJ wants to retain 100% control over everything.

Btw I don't necessarily think the meetup agenda needs 10 hours of presentations every day as conversations over drinks are what make these meetups special.

PS: I'm not against "Gilligan's bar with pitchers of vodka on the tables" idea.
If you don't contribute or do anything to support the Fastlane and MJ, you need to find a new set of friends. Feel free to meetup with the people that you have met and have a relationship with. But, clearly you would not be able to setup a forum function using a forum that you do NOT support.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
There was a time that MJ did not want us to use the forum for advertising a meetup in the Fastlane name. He did not want the brand tied in to what the meetups were representing.

If we want to openly discuss any type of meeting amongst us, we need to work WITH MJ on this. If we come on here and say we no longer need you, but we want to use the forum to bring on new blood... what?

I have been part of the facebook group. But, I put my questions and input on the forum, in support of the forum. In support of the person that brought us all together in the first place.

I would like to continue to have a meetup. But the direction that this thread is going will not get us there.

G

Guest12120

If you don't contribute or do anything to support the Fastlane and MJ, you need to find a new set of friends. Feel free to meetup with the people that you have met and have a relationship with. But, clearly you would not be able to setup a forum function using a forum that you do NOT support.

I have been paying for the INSIDERS for years even though I rarely even visit the forum. I do it as my appreciation for what MJ created.
I obviously bought few copies of MJ books too. I’m pretty sure that’s more than what majority of people on this forum does to support it.

If MJ doesn’t want to have me here or doesn’t want me at any of the future events that’s for him to decide not you.

And definitely I don’t need anyone’s approval before I decide to meet up with people I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

G

Guest12120

But I can voice my opinion on it.

You can do whatever you want. I just find it strange that you decided to pick on me for whatever reason.
Just like you can voice your opinion I can voice mine.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
You can do whatever you want. I just find it strange that you decided to pick on me for whatever reason.
I responded directly to your post based on what you laid out in the message. It is pretty rare that I single anyone out. But it was clear that you were saying that you have made the connections that you desire and you no longer need the forum as a network. No issue with that.

The issue begins where you want to do things under the Fastlane banner without MJ's involvement. How do you do this without MJ's involvement? You can continue to do this using facebook but how are you going to draw people? Obviously outside of the forums and without the Fastlane support.

ApeRunner

Very Fast on a Bike
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
326%
May 16, 2014
Cozumel
Getting back to the forum engagement problem. I think IMHO, that @MJ DeMarco is looking at the glass half empty.

I think the actual engagement for this forum in 2018 is almost a miracle. The world has already shifted to instant gratification platforms. Like Facebook groups, WhatsApp groups and Slack. YET the Fastlane Forum as tons of activity.

Let people who like superficial communication go to Facebook along with their memes. They get to nowhere. Forums are a special medium.

In the past, forums where more ubiquitous because of the lack of social media. But forums are still relevant, but just for the minority of people that value them.

Let us stay here. The ones that want deep and serious conversations. Maybe it's not about the numbers but about the quality of the forum, which I believe is top class. Compared to the rest of the internet anyway.

Maybe it's a natural purge. People that value the forum STAY at the forum.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
I responded directly to your post based on what you laid out in the message. It is pretty rare that I single anyone out. But it was clear that you were saying that you have made the connections that you desire and you no longer need the forum as a network. No issue with that.

The issue begins where you want to do things under the Fastlane banner without MJ's involvement. How do you do this without MJ's involvement? You can continue to do this using facebook but how are you going to draw people? Obviously outside of the forums and without the Fastlane support.
@steveo, I just want to clear the air to eliminate any ambiguity about my offer.

I'm not looking to subvert the forum at all. I'm offering to run the event using @MJ DeMarco formula with his consent as a way to boost community engagement without him having to take on the risk or headache.

Obviously I'd prefer if he came and gave a presentation and participated.

I just wanted to maintain something that is very special to a lot of people.

G

Guest12120

I think you misunderstood my post. I didn’t say that I met people on the forum and joined the group they created on FB and that’s why I don’t visit the forum any more.
I meant the general trend of Facebook groups that cover different topics. For example I’m mostly interested in FB Ads so I joined a couple of groups where people discuss this particular topic. I get notifications whenever someone posts something and I’m already on FB to read it. So it’s convenient for me. If I saw notifications of interesting posts from the Fastlane forum on FB, I would have visited it more frequently.

I don’t know where MJ sees the most value. Is it in the forum website itself or the number of people that follow the “Fastlane ideas” on many different platforms?

Regarding the annual event:
Does every “Rich dad poor dad” event is organized by Kiyosaki? Was MJ involved in the original B&P events? If he wants to focus on writing more books and be anti-guru maybe there is no need for him to be involved directly in running the annual events. Especially since it is very stressful and doesn’t bring all that much money. He can keep them small and go back to the original B&P formula or license it out to someone and make it huge.

He knows what he wants to do, I just here gave my 2 cents.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
@steveo, I just want to clear the air to eliminate any ambiguity about my offer.

I'm not looking to subvert the forum at all. I'm offering to run the event using @MJ DeMarco formula with his consent as a way to boost community engagement without him having to take on the risk or headache.

Obviously I'd prefer if he came and gave a presentation and participated.

I just wanted to maintain something that is very special to a lot of people.

I was not trying to discount anything you are wanting to do. In fact I support it 100%. I want to participate as well.

theresgot2bemore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Sep 20, 2016
Anywhere w/freedom
You already read my mind. I was thinking the Panama City HRH.

But if we do it I suggest keeping it in AZ for consistency.

If you decide on Panama City Panama (not sure if that was what you were going at) please be sure to keep it south of the bridge of the americas and balboa ave. Anything north will make it dicey and MS 13 will be involved.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
I was not trying to discount anything you are wanting to do. In fact I support it 100%. I want to participate as well.

Great. Just wanted to be 100% clear. And looking forward to seeing you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.