The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2 years without weed.

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
I started smoking weed my senior year in high school. From age 18-21 I smoked pretty much all day everyday. Right now I just thought of all of the money wasted! Age 21-25 I started working out heavily and my weed use declined. I got scared straight from all of the bad choices that I was making. By the time 25 came around it was only once a month. Now that I’ve been completely off things have changed so dramatically that I don’t even know how to put it in words. I have drive for success, I’m healthy, I enjoy reading, working out, work shifts aren’t as terrible, I can focus on anything that I want to, I’ve lost 45 lbs, I’ve been a lot more conscious about how my actions effect other people and animals. I’ve learned new skills, systematically crushed bad habits, and the list goes on. Guys, let your body function how it is supposed to. Your life will be much more organized and your purpose will be clarified. Dramatic things in my life had to happen in order for me to quit. I got a couple felonies, someone close to me died, and I got a girl pregnant. She is now my fiancé and we have a little 2 year old and I couldn’t be happier. The point is. In order to make such a dramatic change you have to do something drastic that will alter the course of your life forever. This can be either accidental like my case or self imposed. At least with self imposed you get to control what happens. It’s not going to be easy. It’s up to you to step out of your comfort zone and challenge yourself. You could move to a different country, get rid of all of your weed smoking friends, change jobs, go on a mission to help poor people, enroll in college, invent something and sell it, the list goes on. What you do is really up to your creative mind. The fact that you are here means that you are ready. So get comfortable with being uncomfortable for a while. And see unlimited benefits for the rest of your life.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DannyD

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Dec 1, 2017
Latin America
Congrats!

Weed is definitely not the harmless plant most people make it out to be.

How many times have you met a super productive stoner?
Also, to people who say it's not addicting... I knew plenty of kids in college who were definitely addicted.

While a less harmful habit than alcohol and various "hard drugs", it can definitely have a detrimental effect on your life.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
Whilst I have no issue with weed (do as you please with your body). I hate the 'super health' narrative it now runs with. I've literally heard it discussed in superfood terms. E.g. you eat your kale, take your multivitamin and take your weed. It's largely used as self medication imo.

Domer2688

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Dec 27, 2017
Canada
Congrats on making long term positive choices in your life! It’s always easy falling into the trap of making decisions that provide short term gratification. It takes determination, focus, and discipline to change, all of which will help you on your fast lane journey!

Thanks for sharing

FREEDOM94

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 22, 2017
Ontario canada
Yea i totally agree with you, i was an all day everyday smoker for many years, although i haven't been off it for that long I can clearly see that it was holding me back from reaching my full potential. I find smoking all the time makes you comfortable with your situation no matter how bad it is. It also steals drive and ambition. the amount of clarity you have after stopping is insane, like a fog getting lifted from your brain. The reality is that most stoners are complacent with their lives, they have no goals and no willingness to grow as a person, atleast the stoners i used to hang around with didn't.

i still don't think their is anything wrong with balancing it and smoking a few times a year but you gotta be careful with that shit it will steal your soul if you let it. happened to me for many years

thanks for sharing man

Last edited:

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
Yea i totally agree with you, i was an all day everyday smoker for many years, although i haven't been off it for that long I can clearly see that it was holding me back from reaching my full potential. I find smoking all the time makes your comfortable with your situation no matter how bad it is. It also steals drive and ambition. the amount of clarity you have after stopping is insane, like a fog getting lifted from your brain. The reality is that most stoners are complacent with their lives, they have no goals and no willingness to grow as a person, atleast the stoners i used to hang around with didn't.

i still don't think their is anything wrong with balancing it and smoking a few times a year but you gotta be careful with that sh*t it will steal your soul if you let it. happened to me for many years

thanks for sharing man
Couldn’t have said it better myself

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
Congrats!

Weed is definitely not the harmless plant most people make it out to be.

How many times have you met a super productive stoner?
Also, to people who say it's not addicting... I knew plenty of kids in college who were definitely addicted.

While a less harmful habit than alcohol and various "hard drugs", it can definitely have a detrimental effect on your life.
Yea, I think softer drugs can be worse because you don’t take them seriously.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
...I have drive for success, I’m healthy, I enjoy reading, working out, work shifts aren’t as terrible, I can focus on anything that I want to, I’ve lost 45 lbs, I’ve been a lot more conscious about how my actions effect other people and animals. I’ve learned new skills, systematically crushed bad habits, and the list goes on. Guys, let your body function how it is supposed to. Your life will be much more organized and your purpose will be clarified...
You've made your life happier and easier. Good for you. You're growing up!

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I started smoking weed my senior year in high school. From age 18-21 I smoked pretty much all day everyday. Right now I just thought of all of the money wasted! Age 21-25 I started working out heavily and my weed use declined. I got scared straight from all of the bad choices that I was making. By the time 25 came around it was only once a month. Now that I’ve been completely off things have changed so dramatically that I don’t even know how to put it in words. I have drive for success, I’m healthy, I enjoy reading, working out, work shifts aren’t as terrible, I can focus on anything that I want to, I’ve lost 45 lbs, I’ve been a lot more conscious about how my actions effect other people and animals. I’ve learned new skills, systematically crushed bad habits, and the list goes on. Guys, let your body function how it is supposed to. Your life will be much more organized and your purpose will be clarified. Dramatic things in my life had to happen in order for me to quit. I got a couple felonies, someone close to me died, and I got a girl pregnant. She is now my fiancé and we have a little 2 year old and I couldn’t be happier. The point is. In order to make such a dramatic change you have to do something drastic that will alter the course of your life forever. This can be either accidental like my case or self imposed. At least with self imposed you get to control what happens. It’s not going to be easy. It’s up to you to step out of your comfort zone and challenge yourself. You could move to a different country, get rid of all of your weed smoking friends, change jobs, go on a mission to help poor people, enroll in college, invent something and sell it, the list goes on. What you do is really up to your creative mind. The fact that you are here means that you are ready. So get comfortable with being uncomfortable for a while. And see unlimited benefits for the rest of your life.
Congrats! I'm about 2 years as well. Hadn't even touched it until I was 22 years old, but spent 22-24 using heavily.

It's absolutely not harmless in my opinion and completely wasted two years of my life. Terrible for motivation, and in the end wasn't even relaxing.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.