The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

$1B+ Powerball Jackpot - Did You Buy Your Ticket?

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
In all seriousness, and without trying to offend @wade1mil with self-righteousness, the reason I stopped buying lotto tickets for a long time is that it can be a detrimental form of self medication. Case in point: I had to force a manager and his crew to stay way late last night. We had a deadline, and they took all afternoon to do something that should have taken 2 hours max. When I left, they were talking about not coming to work the next day because they were gonna win the lotto.

So - instead of asking oneself: "Why am I so ineffectual that I have to perform miserable tasks late into the night" they were dreaming about winning the lotto to avoid confronting a very uncomfortable reality.

I'm not judging them. I do it too. I still have a day job I wish I didn't have. I've rationalized to @Scot probably a dozen times that I'm just doing it to regain some financial stability after two years of living out of pocket working at a startup. But how much financial stability can forcing other poor schmucks to work late to make someone else money really bring?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
This thread put it into my subconscious to by a mega millions today, ... Ended up buying two because I know @Kak won't pay his fair share of the regressive tax

Thanks for spotting me bud.

steelandchrome

Author of The Retail Leader Book.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az
I got EVERY single number on the last draw on the same ticket, but no more than two numbers per line :(
211d077a8753667629e2b0769f33a412.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
I got EVERY single number on the last draw on the same ticket, but no more than two numbers per line :(
211d077a8753667629e2b0769f33a412.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

must mean you're due :D

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
What people underestimate is the amount of time and energy lost to the excitement from this distraction.

They could have moved towards their entrepreneurship goal by 1 or 2 downs, every play counts.

Essentialism!

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
What people underestimate is the amount of time and energy lost to the excitement from this distraction.
Yes, because anything unrelated to entrepreneurship should be avoided at all costs. No excitement allowed!
Also avoid sex, hanging out with friends, and seasoning your food.

NaPal

Done > Perfect
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Apr 16, 2012
USA
Lol same here. Hit the gas station at about 11am... not a single person in there.
I bought mine at 8pm last night and it was a ghost town. I was the only person at the gas station. The locals must have seen it coming.

Sagemoney

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Mar 12, 2018
Michigan
Seeing the lottery this high saddens me while simultaneously bringing to light the potential fast-lane opportunities in the entertainment industry.

If society is willing to give 1 person generational wealth for the sake of dreaming about a different life. Think about what they will pay for the opportunity to actually live a different life?

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
Ok all - last night you didn't win the lottery. What are you doing today back in reality?

I'll start: woke up early to finish the what listing templates for inventory I'm getting next week, and ordered more sample materials for an item Im designing. First few materials didn't work, and I've been procrastinating about it for two weeks.

I'm not going to win the lottery. Neither are you. So, what're you doing?

NaPal

Done > Perfect
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Apr 16, 2012
USA
Ok all - last night you didn't win the lottery. What are you doing today back in reality?

I'll start: woke up early to finish the what listing templates for inventory I'm getting next week, and ordered more sample materials for an item Im designing. First few materials didn't work, and I've been procrastinating about it for two weeks.

I'm not going to win the lottery. Neither are you. So, what're you doing?

Playing the powerball. If you keep swinging you’ll eventually hit a home run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

They could have moved towards their entrepreneurship goal by 1 or 2 downs, every play counts.

Essentialism!

I'm confused, does buying a lottery ticket take 2 months and thousands of dollars?

Or 2 minutes?

Essentialism isn't about being so damn neurotic and laser focused that you can't even take 2 seconds to piss.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I only ever see poor people buy lotto tickets

You're not looking very hard then.

Poor people may statistically be the biggest lottery spenders (and the most obvious to spot in a line) but anyone who feels they don't have "enough" in life is a prime suspect for a lottery spending. And we all know how many folks fit that description.

Even if you had $5 million in the bank, free and clear in cold hard cash - would a $50 million dollar windfall sound exciting to you? Probably.

The difference is poor people look at the lottery as their only hope - while the "well off" simply think it's an exciting thought.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I bought a ticket mid-morning, there was NO LINE cuz everyone was still at work dreaming about winning the lottery.

This is the best quote I have read on the forum in a long time if you understand what he was saying.

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
In France we only had a maximum of 190 millions years ago, USA is not kidding around with lottery damn !
Didn't won more than 20 Euros though

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
I'm confused, does buying a lottery ticket take 2 months and thousands of dollars?

Or 2 minutes?

Essentialism isn't about being so damn neurotic and laser focused that you can't even take 2 seconds to piss.

Maybe it is just the people around me MJ, but the mental energy and HOPE that some people expend on the lottery is crazy. It usually devolves into hour or so conversations about what-ifs.

I guess you could call it the topic of the week though, would be any other news item that puts people into outrage or some similar temporary frenzy.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.