The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

19 Year old with a potential tool to help the world

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Alin Farah

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Mar 6, 2022
United Kingdom
Hello, hope you guys are having a great week, I was looking for any advice and I am open to any criticism for my business idea.I am trying to build a website consisting peer-to-peer rental platform, that allows consumers to borrow items instead of buying them, which will allow people to spend less money on things they may only use occasionally.This will also allow people to make money by rent spare items to other consumers whilst being fully insured. I am aware this that there a few in the market right now but I feel like no one has really figured it out in terms of providing a complete end-to-end solution solution for both lenders and borrowers. My concern is that there are way too many pain points that need to be figured to create the most seamless lend-borrow interaction.

I think that renting will become the new buying in the future and this service will help the world become more efficient. I am also stressing over the idea of improving this problem of lack of renting and borrowing in the world and thought that the solution would be to create a platform for both buying and borrowing, making peoples life easier and attain flexibility within one platform. I am undergoing building a website for this platform and intend in building an app in the future if things go well. My main focus is now creating a prototype or a minimum viable product and for this to be globally recognised. Please tell me your thoughts and please do not hold back as I am still in my beginning stages

Kind Regards
Alin

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kaan Gullu

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jan 4, 2022
Hello, hope you guys are having a great week, I was looking for any advice and I am open to any criticism for my business idea.I am trying to build a website consisting peer-to-peer rental platform, that allows consumers to borrow items instead of buying them, which will allow people to spend less money on things they may only use occasionally.This will also allow people to make money by rent spare items to other consumers whilst being fully insured. I am aware this that there a few in the market right now but I feel like no one has really figured it out in terms of providing a complete end-to-end solution solution for both lenders and borrowers. My concern is that there are way too many pain points that need to be figured to create the most seamless lend-borrow interaction.

I think that renting will become the new buying in the future and this service will help the world become more efficient. I am also stressing over the idea of improving this problem of lack of renting and borrowing in the world and thought that the solution would be to create a platform for both buying and borrowing, making peoples life easier and attain flexibility within one platform. I am undergoing building a website for this platform and intend in building an app in the future if things go well. My main focus is now creating a prototype or a minimum viable product and for this to be globally recognised. Please tell me your thoughts and please do not hold back as I am still in my beginning stages

Kind Regards
Alin
I'll gladly give you my thoughts could you give more information on the product or a general summary?

eramart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Aug 31, 2015
Moscow, Russia
Well, Fat Llama was founded in 2016 and still exists, so there is probably some market for this.

Alin Farah

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Mar 6, 2022
United Kingdom
Well, Fat Llama was founded in 2016 and still exists, so there is probably some market for this.
I appreciate your insight, and yes I have taken this into account. I have noticed that they have not executed to its full potential, and I believe I can improve this service and planning, researching and taking surveys is the way forward.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

easy850

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 8, 2021
Seems like a good idea, what is your launch strategy?

I would launch it in my city if I were you, going hard on local marketing, then expand as you see more and more customers. If the product is good enough it will grow organically through referrals.

Alin Farah

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Mar 6, 2022
United Kingdom
Seems like a good idea, what is your launch strategy?

I would launch it in my city if I were you, going hard on local marketing, then expand as you see more and more customers. If the product is good enough it will grow organically through referrals.
That is exactly what i was think about but gaining exposure and potential customers is what I am lacking in at the moment. I was thinking of doing surveys and seeing what people actually want. Also I would go through bad reviews and complaints from potential competitors such as Fat Llama, and try fix the problem and issues people are facing

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...