The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

19-year-old Polish student beginning his own journey

Toczusiek

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
900%
Oct 12, 2018
Lipno
Hi, my name is David and I'm a 19-year student from Polish small town. At the beginning I'd like to excuse my english.

Due to the communistic past of my country, its dominating mindset is based on finishing college, then getting a job, sounds familiar? I think so. When I talk about taking over control of my finances by starting up a fastlane business, really few people treat me seriously. They say: "Get a safe job lad", "It's hard to realise you fool!" or sth like that. Fortunately my Dad and college roommate support me.
Actually I'm studying IT on a college in a bigger city. I've never had a job because I've always been saving received gift-money (any European broker recommendations?). Recently (just a week ago) I've finished MJ DeMarco's "Millionaire's Fastlane" book and I'm grateful that someone changed my mind for just few dollars. I can't blame anybody, but I don't know what should I begin with to build financial independence. I'm glad to introduce myself and write about my situation right there.
Cheers :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
but I don't know what should I begin with to build financial independence

You need skills or capital to build more capital.

Concentrate on expanding your skills (programming languages), and then using that as a basis to create fastlane freedom.

George Appiah

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Aug 16, 2018
Accra, Ghana
Thanks for your introduction, David.

Recently (just a week ago) I've finished MJ DeMarco's "Millionaire's Fastlane" book and I'm grateful that someone changed my mind for just few dollars.

I'll recommend, if you've not started already, to get and read the second book UNSCRIPTED immediately.

While The Millionaire Fastlane provides that "Aha!" moment, UNSCRIPTED builds upon that and lays out a process for building wealth through your Fastlane business -- from idea generation to validation and beyond.

Also, if you can spare a moment, take a look at this video from MJ:

I hope you stick around, learn from the amazing and very experienced entrepreneurs here, and pass the favour forward.

Welcome to the Fastlane community!

eMIKaE

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Aug 13, 2017
Poland
Welcome, it's always nice to see new post written by a student, especially if the student is Polish. Well, my situation is simmilar to yours, with the differance of 5 years of age. But I think we can agree to one thing, working for someone else in 9 to 5 mode ( or 8 -16 in Poland :p ) isn't meant for us.
Develop your skill during that 3 or 5 years at the University, observe world and people surrounding you, and you will find something for yourself. And be careful, living a student life is nice, just don't get yourself a baby to early, because it will make your life a little bit more complicated.

Greetings from Rzeszów.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.