The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

18 year old girl becomes millionaire in a third-world country

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

daftypunk

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Mar 29, 2020
Asia

This girl belongs to Pakistan, and she created an instagram and youtube account.She has a following of 100K (60K insta, 40k youtube subs).
I live here too and what she has done is F*cking amazing. Life in Pakistan is very difficult as a girl, unless you have supportive parents because our society is quite conservative. Society prefers that girls marry a man and become a housewife.(I am not a girl, but i have sisters so i know)
Gradually this is changing. We are becoming more progressive and adapting to the modern world but we are still far behind.

Her parents divorced when she was 17 and with the little money she had ($40) (6000PKR) she started her makeup brand and when that gained a following (13K+ followers on ig) she started a clothing business. Her products cater to her fan base which is mostly women (12-45 years old).

She didn't need to do much marketing; her fans did it for her. She made a song which was viewed over 250,000 times.

Using instagram and youtube, she created a large following and barely had to spend on marketing.

She had nothing but now makes over $5000/month from one product only.
She lived in a society which ostracizes people like her. Luckily the youth is very, very liberal so it worked for her.

Now at 18 she is financially independent and even paid her own college fees.

$5000 may not seem like much but it is a lot of money for anyone who lives here.
The situation is terrible here. Most people live in poverty. Most people were labourers and they have lost their jobs. Its a disaster. Our government lies.

I don't like her much because i disagree with alot of what she says but i do respect her her work ethic.
She did what no one has done.

I am 18 as well but far behind her.
I have learnt many lessons from her story and i will act on them.

- Lesson 1: F*ck society. No need to fear anyone, do what you want. You make you. Your life is the result of your choices.
-Lesson 2: Create a following. Connect with people and talk to them. Be genuine. Figure out their likes and dislikes-bond with them and be likeable.
-Lesson 3: Your followers are your marketers. Good long-lasting relationships with them will help you more than anything.

These are 3 out of many lessons i learnt.

To all the people out there, I hope this helps.

To discuss all the problems women face in Pakistan, i would have to write a book.

If she can overcome so many problems, why cant you?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Awesome story, especially in an socioeconomic climate that isn't favorable.

- Lesson 1: F*ck society. No need to fear anyone, do what you want. You make you. Your life is the result of your choices.
-Lesson 2: Create a following. Connect with people and talk to them. Be genuine. Figure out their likes and dislikes-bond with them and be likeable.
-Lesson 3: Your followers are your marketers. Good long-lasting relationships with them will help you more than anything.

Regarding #1 ... yes, don't follow culture's Script.
Regarding #2 ... yes, and then provide VALUE to that following. This young woman has made herself valuable.
Regarding #3 ... yes, if the value you provide fits into the mold of a productocracy, your customers will help you sell.

Thank you for sharing the insights. :thumbsup:

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
So media do have positive side :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.