The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

18 year old business started. $3k in 45 days must scale

MikeMillionaire

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Jul 17, 2012
I started my business very recently and have generated $3k

My site is at Lungio.com

Edit: whole first post deleted
I've been confused on how to go forward and scale this and reading built to sell got tied up in recurring revenue.

The way I've been doing it do far everyone just wanted me to do the mobile site but then host it with them and their web guy .

I was thinking of charging for hosting and maintenance but learned businesses don't want to pay additional hosting fees when they already have a web guy .

There isn't an easy way to get recurring revenue and justify the fees .

Heck I'm only 18 and who cares if I don't find recurring revenue .
I've found a system that works and people are mainly paying for the code work which is already fairly templatized so their web designer can Handle it from there then there are no worries for me in terms of hosting it all and updating their site.

I could still go hard on selling and sell a few hundred to 1000 Lungio mobile sites and make 6 figures.

The work can be outsourced so that I profit $300+ per site still and at 18 having 6 figures in the bank isn't bad .

After focusing on this business I could find a better scalable recurring model.

Heck who knows if I can't sell 3000 of these mobile sites and have a mil that way.

I've got time ahead of me and there's always more opportunity so I just have to shut down any thoughts saying "mike, you are missing out on so many other opportunities"

Monogamy then polygamy.
There will always be more ideas and opportunities!

Time to start scaling sales and outsourcing sites!

By the way, I also own mobilewebsiteinformation.com

Will add more info later

--------------------------------------
Update 7/19/12....

Just posted a telemarketing job on odesk
Now am going to post a job for People who know basic HTML php and can follow instructions to make the sites..
I will have them do a sample for me before I hire them then will pay a fixed amount per site to them (some take 3-5 hours if good)

I might have a seperate person providing samples with just their colors and logo , or maybe at some point just showing the samples I have already made.
Right now, I have to figure out what the voicemail will say...

Probably something like this:
" "

Also I need to make a list of businesses to call.
Maybe targeting businesses with flash player .

Maybe just doing a volume with all businesses in a category and location then moving on to picking out the individual flash sites and making a list of those .

[video=youtube;5zCy3EWs9Q0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zCy3EWs9Q0[/video]

Will update again soon

Goal $20k in Paypal by September 1!

Means around 45 sites sold. Let's do it !

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

amgchristian

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 11, 2012
I just keep always havin the thought that theres a better idea out there to take advantage of mobile and I'm not doing it !

well you did make $3k in 45 days that tells me you have credibility to make more. Only time can tell!

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Great site and great video! I'm in exactly the same business but in Germany. Would love to have a chat with you some time about marketing ideas etc. I think we can help each other out greatly because we're in two completely different geographical markets with no fear of helping a competitor. Will shoot you a PM with my skype details!

AgonI

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Jul 9, 2012
Saint Louis
Good job you're doing there! Can you tell us more about what prospecting methods are you using(Cold calling, emailing etc)? How did you get your current clients?

Good luck!

oddball

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 8, 2011
Austin, TX
Go find your customers. Look up websites that need to be mobile optimized and call them up. Show them why they need your services. Get enough to where it takes too much time, and get a teammate. Then you focus on getting new leads and have them do the programming. Get to the point where you can hire a salesperson. Keep adding more employees as you go. Then manage them. That will slowly automate it so you are doing less and less of the dirty work. You have an awesome start here, you could build this big.

MikeMillionaire

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Jul 17, 2012
I agree ...
There are objections and problems to work through .
There are also competitors but same with regular web design . There were a bunch of 6-7 figure companies built in the beginning of web design.
If I just get a decent amount of customers I'll be good.

bernhard

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 8, 2012
duesseldorf, germany
I really loved the video. Did you do it by yourself, or can you suggest a service/person for doing it?

The business you are in is quite crowded from my perspective with competitors who offer "do it yourself" service.
But doing all work for the clients can be a good strategy.

If you want to scale, then you need to decouple your revenues from your work. But that will be a later phase in your business.

Good luck .. and keep persistent :)

MikeMillionaire

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Jul 17, 2012
Yes there are do it yourself for regular websites too yet businesses pay $500-$5000 to have people do it for them

MikeMillionaire

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Jul 17, 2012
Trying to take a rest tonight.

Posting job on odesk for telemarketing just to leave voicemails saying " hi this is xxxx from lungio.com. We see your website is not optimized for smartphones like iPhone and android which means you may be losing customers. We've created a sample mobile version of your site to show you what we mean just visit lungio.com to claim your sample site . Thanks ..."

oddball

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 8, 2011
Austin, TX
Trying to take a rest tonight.

Posting job on odesk for telemarketing just to leave voicemails saying " hi this is xxxx from lungio.com. We see your website is not optimized for smartphones like iPhone and android which means you may be losing customers. We've created a sample mobile version of your site to show you what we mean just visit lungio.com to claim your sample site . Thanks ..."

Why hire someone? Just do it yourself. Hiring a telemarketer will not only cost you more money, but it won't get as good of results as if you called.

oddball

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 8, 2011
Austin, TX
I think for now, if I were you, I would do as much as you can yourself. Set the tone for your company the way you want. Is a hired telemarketer going to have the same feelings about success as you?

MikeMillionaire

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Jul 17, 2012
What do you think of making like $25 of every $395 to kidney disease? Cause my dad had it for 10 years. If I sell 1000 sites it will be $25,000 toward kidney disease and $350000 for the business

Dao

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Jul 17, 2012
Cool site, and I like the video. I have a couple questions though. First of all, why don't you mention your business name at any point during the video? It seems like instead of saying "we can help you..." you could say "Here at Lungio, we can help you..." or something like that. Maybe it's not a big deal, but the video is very well done and I think having some sort of branding within the video would make more of an impression on the viewer.

Also, why not make the video viewable on youtube.com with links to your site? It seems like it wouldn't hurt to have people end up landing at your video via other places and then being referred to your website. Or is there something I'm missing?

Anyway, very impressive and inspirational. I'm looking forward to seeing how you scale it!

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Congrats on the early success. :)

Here is a thought for building up recurring income with this:
Offer a monthly training subscription (or paid webinars) for these customers where they can learn more about marketing products and services in a growing, mobile-centric consumer market.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Would it be better to just consult? You already show them what the website would look like, sell that template /design idea only and not bother with hosting/maintaining.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Congrats on the early success. :)

Here is a thought for building up recurring income with this:
Offer a monthly training subscription (or paid webinars) for these customers where they can learn more about marketing products and services in a growing, mobile-centric consumer market.

Thats a cool idea, speed+

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.