The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

16 and Struggling to Manage Relationships

Anything related to matters of the mind

BudsCyan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Oct 11, 2022
I'm 16, I've read the Millionaire Fastlane and it's really opened my eyes and changes my perspective. As expected, my school pushes the same slowlane perspective to me and my peers. I constantly see teachers, guidance counselors, and other school administrators pushing the same slowlane perspective. I understand that these people are accomplished, but I don't at all want to be accomplished in the way that they are. I don't want student debt and or 'wealth'( being upper middle class) without health. I'm determined to invest in myself and become an entrepreneur no matter what others tell me. With that being said, how should I go about managing my relationships with those who seek to muddle the mindset I've created?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SSTrey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
May 24, 2021
I'm 16, I've read the Millionaire Fastlane and it's really opened my eyes and changes my perspective. As expected, my school pushes the same slowlane perspective to me and my peers. I constantly see teachers, guidance counselors, and other school administrators pushing the same slowlane perspective. I understand that these people are accomplished, but I don't at all want to be accomplished in the way that they are. I don't want student debt and or 'wealth'( being upper middle class) without health. I'm determined to invest in myself and become an entrepreneur no matter what others tell me. With that being said, how should I go about managing my relationships with those who seek to muddle the mindset I've created?
Interestingly, you are so young and thinking with this mindset. Kudos to you.
I have noticed that younger and younger kids have your thinking nowadays. This is great & makes for a better life experience than most of us who are 10, 20 or 30 years older than you.

I doubt your relationships experiences are going to be easy when your mindset is different from most around you. You will be faced with many challenges. Some you will have to learn from, some you will have to just listen and still follow your own path.
My advice is teach yourself to stand out, no matter how lonely or different you may feel. Try to join circles that are closest to your mindset.
The sooner you realise that life is going to 'muddle' your thoughts always, the better you will deal with it. The better and more you deal with stress and this kind of pressure, the better you become.

As they say, learn to dance in the rain.

BudsCyan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Oct 11, 2022
Interestingly, you are so young and thinking with this mindset. Kudos to you.
I have noticed that younger and younger kids have your thinking nowadays. This is great & makes for a better life experience than most of us who are 10, 20 or 30 years older than you.

I doubt your relationships experiences are going to be easy when your mindset is different from most around you. You will be faced with many challenges. Some you will have to learn from, some you will have to just listen and still follow your own path.
My advice is teach yourself to stand out, no matter how lonely or different you may feel. Try to join circles that are closest to your mindset.
The sooner you realise that life is going to 'muddle' your thoughts always, the better you will deal with it. The better and more you deal with stress and this kind of pressure, the better you become.

As they say, learn to dance in the rain.
I've read this several times and this is nothing but good advice. Thanks for reaching out!

2dads

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 27, 2021
BRISBANE, Australia
With that being said, how should I go about managing my relationships with those who seek to muddle the mindset I've created?

You at the end of the day control your own emotions and thoughts, in some cases you will have friends and family who want you to stay in the same lane as them. We are lucky, we get to choose our friends and how much time we spend with one another - if some one wants you to play XBOX all the time and you want to work on YOUR "XCY" then say "NO" and get to your plan. Family is the same but has more strings attached.

A lot of power comes from setting boundaries and using the word NO - plenty of good threads here and books on the subject.

Start to look around at social groups, meet ups and other events in which you can expand your connections and experiences.

The world requires some people to be cogs in the system (nothing wrong with that) some choose to play by a different set of rules, never look down on others - create your own path and get to it.

Best of luck BudsCyan, your at an age in which anything is truly possible with hard work and trying to solve problems

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.