The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

13 year old from the Netherlands dont know what business to start. Goal is 15 million

LucM

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 29, 2023
Hello, my name is Luc, im 13 years old and im from the Netherlands. I focus alot on wealth and self improvement and self improvement is actually going pretty good. But i just want to start a business already at this age and live financially free for the rest of my adult life. The problem with that is that i dont know WHAT business to start. If anyone could help me with this problem i would be very thankful.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
279%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Hello, my name is Luc, im 13 years old and im from the Netherlands. I focus alot on wealth and self improvement and self improvement is actually going pretty good. But i just want to start a business already at this age and live financially free for the rest of my adult life. The problem with that is that i dont know WHAT business to start. If anyone could help me with this problem i would be very thankful.
I have been doing quiet well with basic service businesses.
So anything from gardening to window cleaning or more advanced things like accountability services can do wonders for you.
Best part is that they don't take much money to start up and nobody will question your ability to do those things even though your young.

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
321%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
you didnt read the book? dont get stuck on thinking of an idea. you must take action

im a kid as well (15) so i know theres a lot of restrictions but you can easily hustle to a few thousand per month following this thread:

read this thread

LucM

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 29, 2023
you didnt read the book? dont get stuck on thinking of an idea. you must take action

im a kid as well (15) so i know theres a lot of restrictions but you can easily hustle to a few thousand per month following this thread:

read this thread
I actually have the book and read it everyday, but like you said there are a lot of restrictions. Anyways, thanks alot for the tip and im going to check out the thread right now.

Stebah002

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Dec 5, 2022
The Netherlands
Hé Kerel

Wat tof van je dat jij nu al zo in het leven staat! Een tip: lees boeken, verslind ze......... Wordt op een vroege leeftijd wijs en pluk daar de vruchten van. Nu moet jij nog geen bedrijf starten, althans ik raadt het jou niet aan. Leer jezelf allemaal dingen aan. Verken alles wat er te verkennen valt, en dan.. dan moet je keihard gaan knallen, want ik garandeer je dat er mooie tijden komen. Niet blind in een strijd gaan.

LucM

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 29, 2023
Hé Kerel

Wat tof van je dat jij nu al zo in het leven staat! Een tip: lees boeken, verslind ze......... Wordt op een vroege leeftijd wijs en pluk daar de vruchten van. Nu moet jij nog geen bedrijf starten, althans ik raadt het jou niet aan. Leer jezelf allemaal dingen aan. Verken alles wat er te verkennen valt, en dan.. dan moet je keihard gaan knallen, want ik garandeer je dat er mooie tijden komen. Niet blind in een strijd gaan.
Dankjewel, Ik heb het boek the Millionaire fastlane en lees het elke dag een uur. Ik zal het nog wat meer gaan lezen. Erg Bedankt.

Sirrom

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
365%
Dec 5, 2020
Hey Luc,

Mooi om te zien dat je op deze leeftijd al goed bezig bent.

My advice is to get a job in sales. - I know you go to school, but you are off on saturdays. A lot of the succesful people I (personally) know started their first job as a salesperson.

I did the same myself and it gave me lots of really valuable experience. Companies I suggest applying are: Fieldstars (worked here and made bank compared to other 16/yo olds), pepperminds, fonky sales. Don’t fall for the goede doelen/charity sales because essentially it’s just begging people for money. Focus on selling real stuff. Try to be the best in the whole company.

Go to the gym. - You are quite young, so maybe you can wait a few years, but it’s important to feel fit and look good.

Enjoy life. - Be careful not to waste your young years away. You have plenty of time even though it might not feel like it.

Go for it my young man. I support you!

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
The problem with that is that i dont know WHAT business to start.
The problem is that you are not working hard right now.

There is no single answer, there is no single path, there is not 1 optimal business model.
Everything works - if you know how to do things.

Best course of action is to start immediately doing anything.
You will need to build a solid skillset and have a lot of experience to be able to create your own path forward. And the only way to get this experience is to do as many things as possible. I can almost guarantee that your first 10 attempts will not yield long term financial results, but will bring you a wealth of experience. Which means that your wisdom and capability will improve with each successive attempt.

You're very lucky to be in the game early.
You have 0 adult responsibilities, 0 adult problems, 0 massive failures or traumatic bankruptcies, but instead you have infinite time, energy, and a developing brain that can absorb knowledge and learn anything 10x faster than any adult on the planet.

Use those resources wisely. It won't be like this forever.
Let's get to work.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
621%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
If you find a way to make $500+ in one day doing something that can be taught, and you teach someone else to do it as an employee, now you net a few hundred a day.

$250 x 21 working days in a month x 12 is 60k profit.

15M service business should make 4-5m a year, so that's like 70 crews @ 60k profit each.

Doable, just need a way to manage the work, manage the employees, manage the customers, give quotes easily. Just a handful of systems can get you that number.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Do you watch much YouTube? Our 10, 12, and 14 year olds do, and occasionally create little videos. How about creating YouTube shorts from long videos? Businesses pay for that service.

Lyzmin

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Jan 30, 2023
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Hi Luc!
Nice to see other Dutch people on the forum as well (I like all cultures haha).
In the process now is more important to build skills.
Sales, finance, communication, etc.

@Henry Roe. had a good one with his idea.
In your case knowing what Iearned I would definitely pick a weekend street sales job.

Good luck to you!

LucM

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 29, 2023
The problem is that you are not working hard right now.

There is no single answer, there is no single path, there is not 1 optimal business model.
Everything works - if you know how to do things.

Best course of action is to start immediately doing anything.
You will need to build a solid skillset and have a lot of experience to be able to create your own path forward. And the only way to get this experience is to do as many things as possible. I can almost guarantee that your first 10 attempts will not yield long term financial results, but will bring you a wealth of experience. Which means that your wisdom and capability will improve with each successive attempt.

You're very lucky to be in the game early.
You have 0 adult responsibilities, 0 adult problems, 0 massive failures or traumatic bankruptcies, but instead you have infinite time, energy, and a developing brain that can absorb knowledge and learn anything 10x faster than any adult on the planet.

Use those resources wisely. It won't be like this forever.
Let's get to work.
I will. Im already in to fitness so thats good i guess. Thank you.

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Oct 10, 2022
Bang your neighbor's doors to help them with work around the house eg gardening, cleaning, going to the supermarket, or babysitting during the weekends. If you are not trolling also read here first!-->Rules for starting a business as a minor.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...