• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Can't Hurt Me by David Goggins

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Can't Hurt Me, by Goggins

EXECUTION $100k 2017

Discussion in 'Progress/Execution Threads' started by sparechange, Dec 12, 2016.

1. sparechange

sparechange Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,770
    Picked up another client, I've noticed I've overlooked a few small things, #1 raking and sweeping, #2 those crappy weeds between sidewalks on someone's property, the corner of a wall ( I don't have a weed trimmer) there's so many tiny things I overlook, a good lesson on learning, there is a million different aspects in any buisness that can be ignored, I think tiny things can really make a big difference when (as a custoner) Another example would be mcdonalds and Starbucks in regards to custoner service. Think il do another client today then tommorow check out a book by Felix Dennis, still waiting for unscripted! Also ran into a local billionaire, who unofficially invited me out to go hiking. Will do a small update soon

bitsinmyblood, SquatchMan and Argue like this.
  2. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $3,770
    tried a little experiment, bought a bunch of glow sticks and dressed up wearing them, trying to advertise a local rave thats coming up within the next month, cold approached people on the street trying to direct traffic to my fb page (little side thing i tinker with that ive mentioned on page 1 or 2, anywhoo noone gives a crap about getting free stuff, im offering free concert tickets yet i have barely any traffic, so ive oversimplified fb marketing and the difficulty. doesnt really matter to much, but was just something i wanted to try, i did manage to sell a glowstick for $5 after purchasing it for $2

ironically enough from someone trying to promote his restaurant! funny thing someone jumped into our convo and tried to sell us glowsticks ha!

on to landscaping, ive been going around on a longboard throughout the neighborhood taping small & simple flyers to peoples doors, best case scenario for me is my phone blows up all day and i get more and more clients, happy to combine a passion of mine with 'work'.

as ive had some experience in a service industry im thinking (this will be done monday) of scoping out apartment complex's and pitching my services to them, not sure whats best, thinking cold calling or just showing up in person myself which would probably be more optimal.

for a fun little side project im trying to sell a festival shirt i produced.. had an idea in my head of making a following on fb (page) which is ofc failing.. to sell merchandise. on to the hustle..

thought id mention the book of Felix Dennis How To Get Rich, he is the founder of Maxim & amassed a fortune of $400m+ im almost done that book and its been a very good read, strongly recommend it.

have a good sunday!

3. kelvinfernandezm

kelvinfernandezm Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $1,909
    You should get some goats and tell people that you use them to cut grass. Something like a green grass cutting business. No pollution, no emmisions, 100% natural grass cutters. That'll be like your business gimmick do you want goats or the gas mower. And call the news stations they like weird stuff like that.

Xeon, SquatchMan and OldFaithful like this.
  4. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $3,770
    im willing to sign a leasing contract for 3 goats, what are the terms?

5. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $3,770
    went around the neighborhood for about half the day taping mini flyers to door handles and actually walked into a couple open houses for 4 & 5m lol, pretty nice places but the ferrari is not included! quite tired, and no calls or emails for lawn care, will be cold calling some apartment complexes tomorrow hoping to pickup some more clients, aswell as do the grouse grind with a billionaire i met. should be fun. about to finish felix dennis's book! waiting still for unscripted, perhaps next week il get it. cheers

blackbrich likes this.
  6. kelvinfernandezm

kelvinfernandezm Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $1,909
    Lol I don't have any goats

7. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $3,770
    well no calls, no emails **** dropped off a ton of flyers and nada, made a cold call today to an apartment and was rejected, will do some more tomorrow and go around the neighborhood and try to find some dam clients

also went out for a hike with a self made billionaire today, had some interesting talks. the biggest thing i took from it was to enjoy your life, but this is a massive conundrum (easy for him to say right!?) basically stop and smell the roses, we as entrepreneurs...well some of us! work work work, make sure to stop every once in a while and appreciate the beauty of life, sacrifices and risks need to be made of course. you can lose your mind chasing the $ , health is very important! goal setting is key aswell. (wheres the ***** boat sailing to!?!?!?)

still waiting for unscripted ffs!!!!

Xeon and SquatchMan like this.
  8. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $3,770
    had to post this for a laugh, i just opened up a jones root beer and my fortune says my hard work will pay off soon, hopefully soon enough to buy a lambo right!?!? lol

Xeon and SquatchMan like this.
  9. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $3,770
    looks like my fortune came true! have a repeat client that just sent in an email requesting some yard work, should have a few more repeat clients this month, really hoping to acquire more new ones, ah the grinding game..looking forward to the day im overloaded with work and can just hire people because my phone is blowing up every 2 seconds...in a perfect world right?

SquatchMan likes this.
  10. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $3,770
    still going around the neighborhood....i have no calls or emails, pitched a few apartments and no deal, tiring. still have a lot of flyers to distribute...will try another city.

repeat client tomorrow

SquatchMan likes this.
  11. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $3,770
    trying to sell a shirt on fb for a festival coming up, cold messaging people that are going to the event..hope i can get a sale.

12. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $3,770
    i have great news everyone to following.

today making my way to a previous client i got a call!! FINALLY! the call ive been waiting for!! my flyers are working!!!!!!!!
    did an acquisition client, and made my way to a previous client, finished and got ANOTHER acquisition text :D :D !!!!!!! Have a client scheduled for Saturday!!

as long as i hustle my a$$ off i can scale this more and more. extremely happy to see my hard work is finally paying off, i have felt exhausted going around and seeing no results.

cheers

13. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $3,770
    why not me?

Attached Files:

14. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $3,770
    still waiting for the book, perhaps end of the week or next week

15. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $3,770
    knocked on the door a million times of a house that had 4 foot weeds, came back and knocked again no answer ha! really wanted to close on the way back from another lawn i did, left a flyer ofc!

cool pic i took

Attached Files:

MarekvBeek and SquatchMan like this.
  16. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $3,770
    cold messaging on FB for a retail re-sale, few responses. hopefully make a sale!?!?!?

MarekvBeek likes this.
  17. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $3,770
    may get a sale! ahhhhhhh! ill scream!!!

18. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $3,770
    prospect reconsidered and no dice, ugh..keep searching i guess, if i can manage to make a sale i will be extremely happy and have the ability to scale it, until then..

have a client scheduled for tomorrow around 2 & later will go around a different city spamming flyers allover.

blahh!

MarekvBeek likes this.
  19. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $3,770
    gonna try dumping $20 into fb boosted posts or something, ideally would like to have a huge following for a market i have in mind, anyone have experience in this?

20. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $3,770
    just a thing on my mind, my eventual fast lane goal which requires a small amount of $ is currently being executed by someone currently atm, theyve partnered up with a large brand that invested about $15m.

so, ''my idea'' is certainly valid, and as I build myself up I will be eventually competing / co-existing with this other brand.
    toying with the small execution of hosting an event, have the possibility of maybe making a small amount that I can scale. less talking more doing!

should be fun. lets see how i do! within the next few weeks I should be good to go

21. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $3,770
    guess what i just received! (hint its in the picture)

on my way to a clients within the next few minutes then will enjoy the day, actually just found a ball and shot some hoops at a school, jesus.. the windows are caged!! dont understand that at all.

Attached Files:

Kieran Proven likes this.
  22. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $3,770
    no sale for my idea on fb........................ugh

23. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $3,770
    pondering my next steps, right now focusing on growing my client list bigger and bigger but what about winter? ive done something and created a very small income for myself. still not driving a lamborghini! but hustling a few dollars is a good feeling.

i feel as if i want to go for a full out sprint but there are no paved trails so im cutting them down with my lawnmower...(haw haw)

ive been trying to get sales for an item, no dice... will keep going at that, sales is the ultimate fastlane

back to the grind

24. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $3,770
    no sales... :( reading unscripted and will go advertise more flyers in a different city for lawncare.

really like the idea of online sales although its been quite tough, been offering a product in a niche to people on face book that have liked a certain page and no sales at all.

25. Alexo

Alexo Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $212
    Keep going, invert, always invert! Your efforts will pay off.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.