• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Can't Hurt Me by David Goggins

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Can't Hurt Me, by Goggins

EXECUTION $100k 2017

Discussion in 'Progress/Execution Threads' started by sparechange, Dec 12, 2016.

1. JasonR

JasonR Maverick Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $70,851
    Focus on the ONE business that is most likely to achieve your goals. Most people can't start one successful business let alone several at the same time.

Don't feel guilty spending $2: saving $2 on a coffee per day will NEVER make you rich.

Remember, when you "make" your first $100k - it won't actually be $100k. You'll use that to live on, and then 30% of that will be taxed, etc. Honestly, $100k isn't that much money to me any more, and when you get there you'll see why. Aim higher.

Vlad Shcheglov, Scot, lowtek and 5 others like this.
  2. jclean

jclean Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $322
    I have been reading your thread How is your progress to the 100k ?

Xeon and 100k like this.
  3. sparechange

sparechange Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,810
    100k seems like the distance to the moon for me right now, will be a slow climb up , I have a few repeat clients for landscaping but looking to grow this more, and a few other things on the go, it feels a little scary because my brain is wired to think go get a job! It's a very alien feeling having 100% control of my life...anyways my net worth is almost $3k I'm still broke as fawk but I need to keep hustling, I will get there! Of course nothing is overnight.... And to the above poster, I agree with focusing on one thing only, although how about this, my goal is to build up a small buisness and at least have something to fall on incase I f*ck up, right now I have a few clients that I can rely on to make some extra cash, and I really don't want to go back to a fulltime job, so if I can pull a few bucks at least I'm not starving

4. Waspy

Waspy Float like a butterfly Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,542
    I remember reading your posts back at the end of last year. And if I am completely honest. I would never had said in May you would have $3k. Wealth tends to grow exponentially, so just keep going. Focus on whatever it is that made you the 3k. Don't stop.

Xeon and SquatchMan like this.
  5. jclean

jclean Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $322
    I can relate with you, i also started( like many) from the bottom up.
    Started in 2014
    This year i will have 100k+ in revenue.
    (also a small business just like you)
    I think there are 2 important things when you start.

1. is knowledge there is a ton off free great stuff like podcasts, this forum etc.

2. The most important one is marketing.

From every dollar you make, put a large amount back in marketing.
    Make some cheap flyers and put them out till you are sick off it.
    when the money is tight it can be scary to do this but you can make it work !

When i started i took a part time job to support my business.
    Always invest in marketing first after that the rest.

Good luck !

D.Davis and Thoelk like this.
  6. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $3,810
    Ah good ol marketing I was just thinking yesterday how crappy of a product coca cola is but it has amazing marketing, def a skill I need to master .... I've been toying around with building a fb page as I've mentioned before and no one seems to give a sh*t about free give aways and stuff, anyways sometime will be heading down to surrey white rock to check out the beach, thinking of possibly planting a rental fleet there but would like to scope the location first! Bout a month away from summer (rentals is ultimate fastlane)

7. SquatchMan

SquatchMan Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $885
    Check out this thread. Don't go out and start a carpet cleaning business. Look at all the posts on branding and advertising. Try to model your business in such a way.

GOLD - Making Money For Dummies (And In a Crowded Market)

Xeon and jclean like this.
  8. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $3,810
    Someone stole my lawnmower....left it outside with a steel lock and they took they're tine cutting it....$300 or something down the hole...I'm so pissed but sad at the same time, I've been busting my a$$ with a f*cked up foot doing work, sweating my a$$ off, being dirty and doing honest work for people, and some dirtbag rips my stuff off....really hope I can find it (unlikely).....

9. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $3,810
    Above post is good...valuable info

10. Sanj Modha

Sanj Modha Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $13,434
    What are you waiting for? Get started now!

jclean likes this.
  11. Joe Cassandra

Joe Cassandra Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,948
    Your best bet is do two things:

1. Focus on ONE business until success [take it from someone who tried multiple businesses and failed]
    2. Do some bare bones marketing

FIRST:
    Easy. Free.
    Ask for referrals. All you have to do is this: "Hey Mr. Willis, you seem pretty happy with all the work I've done to make your yard pretty to look at. Is there any of your neighbors you recommend I ask if they need lawn help?"

SNEAK-ATTACK: Do an extra service for free before asking. For example, you mowed their lawn for the $40 or whatever. Trim their bushes as well. Tell them you did that, then go into your pitch.

Next, go to the neighbor he mentions and say , " Hi, I do Mr. Willis' lawn next-door. He considers you a great neighbor and friend. So, I just wanted to ask: Does anyone take care of your yard weekly?" Then, shut up, let them talk.

SECOND:
    More legwork. Still very cheap involving paper and Kinkos.

Pull up Microsoft Word.
    Write a headline along these lines:
    THE RATS ARE OUT AND COULD GET INTO YOUR HOUSE TONIGHT. Here's how to stop them...
    Rats live and thrive in unmanaged lawns. During the summer, as you know, grass grows as a fast as lightning. It's a hassle to get out your mower, your weed whacker and clippers each week to keep these disease-ridden critters out of your house. Nothing would scare your children more than waking up and seeing a dark shape scamper across their room. Or, you opening your pantry for a snack and seeing a little demon already got there first.

That's why, until May 31st, before the summer gets into full swing, I could be out into your home tomorrow.

For a summer package, here's what you can expect:

OPTION ONE: Lowest price
    OPTION TWO: Middle-price (BEST VALUE!)
    OPTION THREE: Top price

Print 100 of those and start putting them in mailboxes. Do that multiple times a week. See what works. Go back again 2 weeks later and put in the same message to the same mailboxes again.

This copy was off the top of my head, but you get the idea. You need to try a few messages and see what sticks. But, this should be a quick way to pick up more clients.

12. Under-Dog

Under-Dog Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $632
    I'd be careful with putting advertisements in/on the mailbox. According to the USPS inserting anything in a mailbox without postage is against the law, including hanging on mailbox and can come back with hefty fines. I usually leave stuff on their front gate or if there is no front gate/front gate is open I'll walk in and tape it on the door.

Scot likes this.
  13. jclean

Rep Bank:
    $322
    Great advice

14. jclean

Rep Bank:
    $322
    In Belgium i had a fine 60 euro.
    I think its worth it.

15. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $3,810
    Def like the mailbox idea

16. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $3,810
    Will have to study some good ol marketing, also excited for the new book.

17. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $3,810
    Went to the beach today with a friend, he bought a mustang so we went for a drive (long weekend in canada) wow!! The beach was packed!!!!!!! Holy Jesus I saw $$$ everywhere, I hope my rental fleet can take off well, it's possible for me to make a lot of money off renting kayacks and whatnot, will be reading unscripted tommorow if it's in my local bookstore! My math for rentals goes $30 for a kayack rental x 100 = $3k (5 renters a day) so I can clear a nice wage, SCALE and disconnect myself from the buisness eventually and go from there, this is my big money maker, aswell as selling food and drinks at the beach. Kinda scared about bombing this, shall I chose pulling the trigger I'll be dumping 99% of my net worth into a rental fleet and can have food money from landscaping etc. I will be going to another beach an hour away aswell to scope out., in a perfect world I own both markets for rentals and dominate everyone else. Scale scale and disconnect my time from buisness (ultimate fastlane ) then possibly expand to USA and Europe (a goal) for the future

18. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $3,810
    Breakdown from my old job rentals, there's still another department missing, so deff they're clearing 20 30k++ revenu a day

Attached Files:

19. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $3,810
    Unscripted is unavailable at every store in the city, guess I will just order it through the store, I assume it's good content, been looking around at other books but they seem so cheesy, really like mj"s style, he gets to the point and doesn't sell you stupid bullshit and doesn't worry about offending people, why would he care anyways?! Lol hope I can get a beer with him one day! Off to a clients today, and in the meantime tinkering with other things, cheers everyone,

Xeon and NeverTooLate like this.
  20. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $3,810
    True freedom and happiness. Just need a few more bundles of these!

Attached Files:

21. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $3,810
    All of my clients are extremely generous! Today I had a beer thrown in and some drink, lots of people have been extremely kind to me, I feel a lot better about myself and feel a lot happier,, my previous temp job I felt really dirty ( telemarketing ) although I've picked up some skills and experience from that!

22. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $3,810
    Going through my first hurdle of misery, at city of vancouver office trying to apply for all my licenses and permits...apparently I misses the deadline. Rental buisness will not be a go..which is one of two fastlane goals for me...

23. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $3,810
    Mind is a bit scrambled, the rental buisness is something I would like to target, I strongly believe I am capable of building a successful business, anyways for now perhaps I will just focus on acquiring more clients for landscaping. Will have to review where the f*ck I am going with this, it is a seasonal thing...until next time! Cheers

24. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $3,810
    cheers, within 2-3 weeks i will be a multi billionaire!

lol, in the mean time i am dealing with previous clients..so im going at it, also printed out 6k flyers that will be distributed through the city (residential) (oh god) costs me about 0.008 cents per copy, client nets me $20 > $50, so even with a 1% retention rate im extremely profitable. all the best to everyone!

Attached Files:

25. jclean

Rep Bank:
    $322
    congrats for the ACTION taken.
    A lot off entrepreneurs have a lot off ideas me included.
    The problem with this is
    you dont scale 5 projects all together.
    The days are short.

For now just FOCUS on landscaping.
    A service business teach you to deal with people/customers.
    It dont take a lot off knowledge or money to start or to scale.

Ive read your comment on a thread were you said. 1MM is sparechange in Vancouver.

Having my own business made me more humble towards money and selfmade people.
    It cost me a lot off learning and effort to scale up to 10k a month (+ 2,5 years)

A servicebiz is not inmediatly fastlane
    But every business needs a lot off hard work.

Let us know how the flyers did !

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.