The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

1000 sockscribers by Jan 1, 2018

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Paulli

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jun 6, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Hey guys, thought i'd use this as an introduction/get my arse into gear and be held accountable to it thread!

To be honest, the most of the slowlaners that know me already see me as being successful. I've had a pretty rapid riser in the past few years from a bartender in Amsterdam to working as a sales manager for a cybersecurity vendor in Melbourne in just a couple years. Most people think 'man, you're all set up now, you'll never go wanting'

Well, i'm wanting, and have been for years. I think the fire was lit after becoming sick and tired of working in a bar (as fun as that is in Amsterdam). I worked hard to find the escape of that and go into a pretty decent 9-5, doubling my income and getting my weekends back. That was Oct '15. After moving to Melbourne at the beginning of the 2017 I was able to double up again and move into a much more senior position, albeit at a much smaller company.

The point is that whilst that's being going on, i've been far from satisfied. I want my time back, and I'm done with this 5 for 2 trade off. But hey, that's why we're all here right?

So i've worked on a few things over the years. I had a mobile app built called Amsterdam Happy Hours, which helped its user find bar specials in the city. Was a decent app, but issues came up when other developers were unable to read the programming and the guy that built disappeared off the face of the planet! Moved on..

Next up was the classic, 'alright, it's time to start a blog!'....Nah, not for me.

So now here we are at the beginning of July 2017 and a new project is beginning to boil. Designing and manufacturing custom bamboo socks to be delivered monthly. Not reinventing the wheel, but something I can work towards, which is awesome. I love having these projects to help me learn a tonne and just get involved in something entrepreneurial!

So i've purchased some URL's, sketched a few designs (which are being properly done now) and am seeking some manufacturers from AliBaba.

I plan to do a validation test as soon as I can get some samples made. Set up a landing page, run a bunch of targeted Adwords campaigns and test the success of it. Hopefully make some presales, or atleast get a bunch of emails from prospects that want to be notified of launch date.

So I'm still very early stages in my sock business, but super pumped to get moving. I'm doing a few hours work each day, learning what I can about copywrighting, keyword research and SEO, social media and so on.

I have set the goal of growing to 1000 sockscribers by 1st of Jan, 2018. It's a solid goal and to be honest, I don't see why I can't hit double that, but lets get to 1000 first. I look forward to updating my progress and learning from you guys along the way!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Paulli

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jun 6, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Have started learning to code tonight also, as I've been down the path of not knowing how to fix issues that seem incredibly simple at face value, but force you to rip your hair out when you don't know how to fix them. Codeschool.com will get me where i need to be. Google' Analytics course also proving pretty valuable.

Would love to hear from others that have gone down the e-commerce route, or even just people that have an opinion on how they would approach an online sock biz.

I've considered finding a partner to supplement my skill set, which is mostly sales, some degree of marketing/copywriting. A designer would obviously be a good fit.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.