The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

100 Days Challenge

Anything related to matters of the mind

TheGreatGatsby

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Sep 20, 2018
I will start the challenge on the first of august.

1 - Meditation 20 minutes
2 - One workout for at least 40 minutes (lifting weights, yoga, mobility)
3 - Drink 3 liter of plain water
4 - Walking 30 minutes outside
5 - No p.m
6 - No YouTube entertainment videos
7 - Cold shower, at least put cold at the end
8 - Fastlane to do list / the power list
9 - Take a progress pic
10 - Journaling

You saw the title, all of this for 100 days, every day except for Sunday. Why 100 days?
It takes an average of 66 days to keep an habit. For some 200 days. Yes I took 100 days for no reasons. The final goal is to keep those habits!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TheGreatGatsby

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Sep 20, 2018
Why do you take Sundays off?

To prepare for next week. I know Sunday is a day like another. Sure you can do without Sundays off. It's like people who have a cheat meal day, if you can win 5 days out of 7 it's good. The goal of this challenge is to keep those habits. Sure it's harder to do it 100 days without Sundays off, but my goal is not to make it harder but to implement those habits in my daily life. And in my day to day life those are the parameters I want to have. At the end of the challenge if I do this process 6 days out of 7, my goal will be accomplished. I encourage you to decide what you want from this challenge, set the habits and no days off if you like.

So for me Sundays Off. If I fail on other days, I need to restart from day 1.

TheGreatGatsby

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Sep 20, 2018
It's not that hard to do 100 pushups. Try 100 pushups, 100 squats, 100 crunches in a row. It just take time to build up to this amount.

CountMonteCristo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Oct 10, 2015
Hungary
To prepare for next week. I know Sunday is a day like another. Sure you can do without Sundays off. It's like people who have a cheat meal day, if you can win 5 days out of 7 it's good. The goal of this challenge is to keep those habits. Sure it's harder to do it 100 days without Sundays off, but my goal is not to make it harder but to implement those habits in my daily life. And in my day to day life those are the parameters I want to have. At the end of the challenge if I do this process 6 days out of 7, my goal will be accomplished. I encourage you to decide what you want from this challenge, set the habits and no days off if you like.

So for me Sundays Off. If I fail on other days, I need to restart from day 1.

I disagree, and that's why asked the question in the first place.

I'm on day 25 of 75HARD.

And what I've discovered is doing something every day with no days off is actually a lot "easier" than doing it with breaks, because taking a break allows you to occasionally still give in to your cravings, or listen to what Andy Frisella calls the "b!tch voice", whereas taking no days off requires you to shut it off completely and just get into the habit of thinking "I said I'd do this, so I'm f*cking doing it."

Also, it seems like you're rewarding yourself with a day off that lets you just chill out, binge on food, sweets, watch hours of entertainment and jack off 'till you pass out. Viewing a day like this as a "reward" or "refreshing" is going to mess with your thinking big time, don't you think?

I guess what I'm trying to say is you've crafted a very ambitious routine, but you're leaving enough wiggle room (one cheat day a week) to never really internalize these as habits, or "things you just do from now on, because you're this type of person", but always see them as a program, or a challenge you're just temporarily doing. You let your identity remain with your Sunday self who eats a bucket of icecream and watches a whole season of Peaky Blinders in one sitting. Does this make sense?

TheGreatGatsby

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Sep 20, 2018
Thank you, that makes sense. I thought about this before setting the challenge, if i should allow a day off. You're right I shouldn't view a day where I can do what I want and chill out as a "reward". The reward is in the every day process, in every second being alive, in my ability to work and accomplish meaningful things. Watching hours of entertainment has no meaning, bing eating as no meaning. Thank you for reminding me why I did this challenge in the first place. Because I am not the bitch voice in my head, because I am the person that do those things EVERYDAY. Mentally I will gain more by doing it straight. I will do it, 100 days with no days off.
It's cool to have a forum like this, where people help you think bigger and kick your a$$.

Merlox

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 11, 2016
All those tasks and none of them are actually building your business. You could have the worst habits in the world but if you dedicate yourself to build a proper business everyday, you'll be rich.

All you're doing there is wasting time. Imo.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
All those tasks and none of them are actually building your business. You could have the worst habits in the world but if you dedicate yourself to build a proper business everyday, you'll be rich.

I would argue that no one with the “worst habits in the world” will ever build a successful business.

TheGreatGatsby

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Sep 20, 2018

Maybe for you it's not important. If you don't value being healthy, going out of your comfort zone, staying focused and other things, then yes it's useless.
Meditation help you stay focused, not wandering on the past or future, on your phone, other activity you could do or other business ideas.
I don't need to tell you the benefits of working out everyday.
Walking help you generate more ideas, being more creative, have the same benefits of meditation.
Water for a functioning body, less tired.
Cold shower, getting out of your comfort zone, feel less tired, more focused.
Fastlane to do list, fail to plan, plan to fail(to do list for my business)
Progress pic to see my body evolution with constant training.
Journaling to see my business, entrepreneurship and other aspects of life evolutions. To see what I did wrong, what is working, what I need to keep doing and what I need to remove.

All of this help your physical, mental, emotional and spiritual body. It's your foundation for building successful businesses.

The last benefit is the confidence gain from doing this for 100 days without pause. The task are not hard to do one day, or 2 or 10 but 100days! Man if I success at this challenge, I could do anything I want. No more excuses, no more bitch voice...

So yes it's useless

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.