• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Influence, The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it and let's discuss!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion(Review | Discuss)

10 profound quotes from Jim Rohn

Discussion in 'General Mindset, Motivation, Beliefs' started by Stevie Drive, May 10, 2017.

1. Stevie Drive

Stevie Drive Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,043
    I love Jim Rohn because he had the unique ability to boil down complex ideas into simple and easily understandable words anybody can relate to. A master communicator. He is surely missed.

Here's 10 of his best ideas for inspiration, motivation, and growth:

1. Don’t wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don’t wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don’t wish for less challenge, wish for more wisdom

2. Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.

3. Success is nothing more than few simple disciplines practiced everyday. Failure is errors in judgement practiced everyday.

4. Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

5. The most important question to ask on the job is not "What am I getting?" but rather "What am I becoming?"

6. You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.

7. Indecision is the thief of opportunity.

8. If you go to work on your goals, your goals will go to work on you. If you go to work on your plan, your plan will go to work on you. Whatever good things we build up end up building us.

9. Success is what you become by becoming attractive to the marketplace

10. The reason why most people face the future with apprehension instead of anticipation is because they don't have it well designed

What is your favorite Jim Rohn quote?

Attached Files:

ZF Lee, V8Bill, Torobaro and 13 others like this.
  2. lewj24

lewj24 Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,781
    Jim Rohn is one of my favorite "gurus" but hes still pretty bad. Like how do numbers 7,9, and 10 help you in life? How do you follow that advice? Maybe I'm too dumb to understand but it seems like he just says broad things that sound good but you can't really apply to your life.

Things like 1-4 are more practical and can kinda be used. But even then it barley scratches the surface making it almost useless in my opinion.

3. Stevie Drive

Rep Bank:
    $1,043
    Ah I beg to differ.

Some practical examples:

7 > opportunities all have expiration dates like a closing window. If you don't seize it, you'll miss it whether it be real estate deal, stocks, or asking that perfect woman out on a date.

Successful people have the habit of making snap decisions and because decisions = progress.

Faster your decision making, faster your progress will be.

9 > Becoming attractive in the marketplace simply means you have more value that others want and that leads to eventual success.

For example, if you are extremely knowledgeable (valuable) with eCommerce which is hot right now, and openly share that knowledge (valuable) with others, people will find you attractive and thus naturally, you become a "success".

10 > This one's good. People have anxiety because they are forecasting into the future that something negative is about to happen. Anxiety happens when you look to the future. Depression happens when you look to the past.

But if you have it well designed (well planned) and work towards your dreams, you will begin to anticipate it and look forward to the future. After all, if you anticipate a shiny Lamborghini coming your way, why wouldn't you? ;)

All very practical imo. :)

4. lewj24

lewj24 Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,781
    So if I make decisions in 1 second with no thinking that will make me more successful than thinking about it and weighing my options for 10 minutes or a couple hours? What amount of time creates the perfect decision? What is faster?

So then why isn't his quote,"to be successful provide value to others." Or is that not catchy enough?

This sounds like mental masturbation not practical advice. Successful people don't dream about their goal body everyday, they hit the gym and eat healthy every single day whether they feel like it or not. And then after a few months/years you have the dream body.

Jim Rohn says some nice things in a fancy way that draws crowds. A quick google search provides few results on his background saying he was worth millions and then lost it all. And then started seminars. So it sounds like he is only successful because of his talking to crowds.

I've watched hours of this guy talk on YouTube a few years ago and I have a ton of notes written down but after further inspection I have concluded that MJ has given more practical advice in just one chapter of his books (pick one at random). My life didn't change at all after listening to Jim Rohn it just made me feel good.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  5. Stevie Drive

Rep Bank:
    $1,043
    Yes because most of it is business philosophies.

And no worries man. You are entitled to your opinion but tons of people including Tony Robbins have found his teachings helpful. Just take what that supports you.

ZF Lee likes this.
  6. Imgal

Imgal Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,969
    I equally love Jim Rohn, not just for the short quotes but for doing them. Keeping them short and snappy means if you truly want to do something with them, you've got to stop, think and figure out how to make it work for you.

Learning about Jim Rohn isn't your education, it's the start of a lifelong one.

Chazmania and Stevie Drive like this.
  7. Digamma

Digamma Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $12,554
    I don't even know who the guy is, actually, but I read this quote somewhere and I have it taped on the wall in front of my desk.

"If you let your learning lead to knowledge, you become a fool. If you let your learning lead to action, you become wealthy."

As someone who loves learning but is prone to not taking action, this resonated deeply.

8. Digamma

Digamma Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $12,554
    Your reasoning is flawless. But you start from a flawed assumption: that what you do doesn't depend on what goes on in your head. You assume what you dream about every day and what you do every day are independent. They are not. This is psychology, not mental masturbation - just ask the guy in your avatar about it.
    Your point is completely valid. But it's not the whole picture. What you think, and how you think, shapes your reality.

LuckyPup likes this.
  9. Stevie Drive

Rep Bank:
    $1,043
    well put

10. pds

pds Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,499
    Jim Rohn is one of my favorites. If you're a fan, get the audiobook "The Art of Exceptional Living" by him on Audible.

11. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Call it. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $9,710
    passing over opportunities repeatedly

I giggled a little....

lewj24 likes this.
  12. GMSI7D

GMSI7D Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,708

my favorite jim rohn's concept is " your day that turns your life around "

most people can't really understand this concept according to the pareto principle

people think" oh yes, this the decision to do something. nothing new here. i leave the topic "

not exactly

this is not just a decision. this kind of determination or rage is found in only 1 % of the population or less.

you can't really win against this rage

13. LuckyPup

LuckyPup Done Dicking Around Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,951
    I'm a huge fan. Although his delivery can be a bit cheesy and dated, Jim Rohn's wisdom is transcendent. It's hard to choose a favorite.

Stevie Drive likes this.
  14. lewj24

Rep Bank:
    $7,781
    Arnold didn't fantasize about becoming rich and famous. For example, To get a part in a film he had to lose 20lbs. He then starting envisioning himself as someone who runs a lot and has a perfect diet to get skinny. And he eventually accomplished his goal. Becoming rich and famous was the underlying cause that gets forgotten when trying to obtain the goals of the process.

Ray Kroc's dream was to expand McDonalds to become the largest and best food chain. Sam Walton was the same.

Thinking about Lambo's is mental masturbation and gets you nowhere.

15. LuckyPup

LuckyPup Done Dicking Around Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,951
    Ditto here. Great quote - hadn't seen it before.

andyhaus44 likes this.
  16. LuckyPup

Rep Bank:
    $2,951

I agree with Steve. You're either missing the points or Rohn's advice, or you're trying to derive entire paragraphs from single sentences, or you simply don't care for his verbiage. Semantical arguments aside, it seems your point is that any guru talk is just talk, which is true, unless it leads to action. But that can be said of any knowledge, and where would any of us be without lessons and wisdom from the past? We'd be reinventing the wheel, stuck in a cycle of ignorance. I'm not big on gurus, but my hat's off to those who can make a good living of it, like Rohn did. That's capitalism at work. Sure, these guys sell hope, optimism and belief, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, unless the recipient just wants platitudes and never takes action.

Gary likes this.
  17. LuckyPup

Rep Bank:
    $2,951
    Bingo!

18. Roli

Roli Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $10,162
    I like number 2 and especially number 7, I posted a similar thing for my friends on FB the other day. Basically qualifying it with; "unless you have experience bringing ideas from thought to reality; do not hesitate not even for one second, if the idea is good, just go for it. Because hesitation will kill the idea fast".

There is an evolutionary reason why this is true, which is fairly self-explanatory, hesitation back in the wild days would have kept many hominids alive.

I saw it in a friend recently, it kind of went like this:

Day 1
    Friend: "Wow! Check this machine out on kickstarter, I'm going to invest in it"

Me: "Go for it, you have more than enough disposable income, and you can always sell it if you don't use it."

Day 2
    Friend: "Yeah, I've been checking it out more and I can do A, B, C and even X, Y and Z with it! There are 8 machines left."

Me: "Go for it, you have the money, do it now while I'm on the phone."

Day 3
    Friend: "I'm definitely going for this, it's amazing"

Me: "It's Friday now, if you don't do this now, you will never do it, just go for it, you have more than enough money, it's a simple mouse click away."

Friend: "Haha, don't worry, I'll do it."

Day 4 (after the weekend)
    Me: Did you do it?

Friend: "No, I'm looking for something else now, I think that machine was too big, and too noisy, it wasn't right for me."

Me: *sigh*

lewj24 likes this.
  19. Stevie Drive

Rep Bank:
    $1,043
    thats a good one

20. kytro360

kytro360 Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $422
    I've watched so many of his talks on YouTube. He talks kinda weird but I guess that's how everyone spoke back in the 70's and 80's.

21. GuestUser450

GuestUser450 Guest

Rep Bank:
    $
    Finding is reserved for those that search.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.