• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

7 Strategies for Wealth & Happiness - Jim Rohn

Discussion in 'Education, Learning, Books' started by FT1, Aug 16, 2007.

1. FT1

FT1 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $51
    I finished reading this book a month ago and it's one of the best books on personal development and success i've read. Jim Rohn is a legend in the personal development field as well as a multi-millionaire businessman. This book is well worth the $12.95 price tag.

Here are a few quotes from the book:

"Success is a process of turning away from something in order to turn toward something better - from lethargy to exercise, from candy to fruit, from spending to investing."

"The only way it gets better for you is when you get better. Better is not something you wish; It's something you become."

"If you wish to be successful, study success. If you wish to be happy, study happiness. If you want to make money, study the acquisition of wealth. Those who achieve these things don't do it by accident. It's a matter of studying first and practicing second."

"If there is one critical ingredient for your successful quest for both wealth and happiness, it is discipline."

"In my experience, affirmations without the discipline to act upon those things which are affirmed cause men and women to delude themselves..."

"Discipline is the bridge between thought and accomplishment... the glue that binds inspiration to achievement... Discipline come to those with awareness that for a kite to fly it must rise against the wind;"

"The danger comes when we look at a day sqandered and conclude that no harm has been done. After all, it was just one day. But add up these days to make a year and then add up these years to make a lifetime and perhaps you can now see how repeating today's small failures can easily turn your life into a major disaster."

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Strategies-Wealth-Happiness-Americas-Philosopher/dp/0761506160/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/102-6103163-2447351?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1187292200&sr=8-2"]You can check it out over at Amazon[/ame].

Fred

2. karolis

karolis New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $38
    I agree on Jim Rohn. His thoughts on business and life are mind-changing. I will order this book with my next amazon package.

You can also find here lots of free articles by Jim Rohn:
    http://www.jimrohn.com/articles.asp

They sum up his philoshophy very good. I think one thing that makes Jim Rohn stand out from other business and success teachers is that he's been there for a long time. Even before all the Kiyosakis and Tony Robbinsons.

3. falb

falb PARKED Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $36
    a good book indeed to bad he dead :smxD:

4. Cat Man Du

Cat Man Du Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $57
    YES, but he lived a FULL life and died at 79. Not bad.:fastlane:

5. GMSI7D

GMSI7D Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,263
    Jim rohn is a fastlane case study . a real one

1) the guy is broke at 25,

2) he says " what the hell, enough is enough " = F.T.E in MJ Demarco 's philosophy

3) he meets mr Earl Shoaff, his mentor who says :

" work harder on yourself than you do on your job !!!! "

4) then he becomes a millionaire at 31

5) the rest is history : he becomes a business philosopher and guru

the interesting fact is that he was an INTJ Mastermind

this is why his philosophy is close to Eben Pagan and Jay Abraham philosophies

this is why most people don't care about this kind of philosophy

Masterminds make 2 % of the population

who cares about them ? about their philosophy ?

98 % of people don't care

that's why their future looks like this in mankind history :

grave.jpg

6. Paolo Rizzo

Paolo Rizzo Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,772
    Jim rohn was a brilliant human being. It was listening to his seminars about a year ago that made me believe that I could have more from my life.

Kingmaker and GMSI7D like this.
  7. GMSI7D

GMSI7D Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,263
    something that resonates with me :

his mentor said to him " young man, if you would change, everything will change "

which means, we can't wait for people to change

we can't wait for the economy to change

we can't wait for everything to change

we can't wait for the universe to help us or anyone or anything

we have to change to make things change

the bad news : it is hard. nobody can do it for us

the good news : succcess is assured because we create it in this case

WinTheDay and Nemolein like this.
  8. GMSI7D

Rep Bank:
    $3,263
    i believe the core of Jim Rohn's of success is this :

this is his main philosophy

upload_2018-3-17_15-25-26.png

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  9. Paolo Rizzo

Paolo Rizzo Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,772
    You're exactly right.

I used to have the "victim mentality" where I would blame my upbringing, my school, my financial status or my neighbourhood for my lack of success.

Listening to Jim Rohn made me realize that if I'm going to achieve any of my goals and dreams, it's ME THAT HAS TO CHANGE, not everything else around me that i can't control.

Kingmaker, Nemolein and GMSI7D like this.
  10. GMSI7D

Rep Bank:
    $3,263

warning : you have to stand your ground on your way to a new life

because people who know you don't want you to change

your winning would mean that if you can do it, then they can do it too !

they can't blame the world anymore . they have to change too and take responsibility !

your success would be a silent accusation against them and they can't accept that

Brad S, jon2089 and Paolo Rizzo like this.
  11. Success17

Success17 PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $1
    Jim Rohn is a legend. As can be seen from his biography Jim Rohn biography - interesting facts, achievements, career details he did indeed struggle in his early years until he transformed into a person who inspired millions.

I have a lot of respect for him. Here is one of his biggest quotes that resonated with me personally: "Big goals will take you through very difficult days".

Isn't the above quote big and meaningful? So much compressed in 1 statement.

Amazing inspirational author.