What's new

10/10 Biz Idea, in 'Soon to Be Gone' (Possibly) Industry? What to Do?

Idea threads

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

PureA

Winners never quit
LEGACY MEMBER
Joined
Dec 24, 2013
Messages
827
Location
Bali
Rep Bank
$2,870
User Power: 357%
So I'm in a tough spot here...

I could use some wisdom from you wise folk!

One of my first ever business ideas has been playing on my mind. (It ranks very high with CENTS)

I went at it about 3 years ago. I was 19.

At this point, I was a complete beginner.

I literally remember not knowing what SEO was etc.

Ultimately I went about the business completely the wrong way, didn't lose much except some time.

So here I am at 22. After three years (nothing I know, shh you veterans) of business experience I feel like I would be able to execute the idea 1000x better.

HOWEVER, and this is it...

The business relies on self driving cars not being a thing.

Am I thinking too deep into the future. I mean realistically self driving cars aren't going to be fully adopted for approx 10-20 years?

I am just cautious in investing blood, sweat, and years into a business that I know will be deemed irrelevant in the not too distant future.

Should I be looking to build for 2-5 years as large as possible and sell up asap?

It just seems wrong beginning something with its implosion not too far ahead.

Thoughts?
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

En O vjoploph vuu fiiq opvu vji gavasi.

Xovjuav jewoph epz ofie xjev zua'si edvaemmz vemloph ecuav...zit, op nz uqopoup.

O sap e dunqepz vjev hsuttit vip't ug nommoupt e zies...epf ov xuamf ci heni uwis optvepvmz og timg-fsowoph dest vuul uwis.

O qav "timg-fsowoph dest" up vji cuvvun ug nz xussz motv, epf vjip dav vji cuvvun vjosf ug vji motv ugg epf vjsix ov exez.

Emm sidipv qummt tjux ep eqqsuy 80% qacmod uqopoup eheoptv timg-fsowoph dest. Vjisi ot katv pu xez vu lpux xjev vji gavasi jumft, ze lpux?
 
Ov't emxezt jesf vu qsifodv vji gavasi epf ov xomm ci opvisitvoph vu tii xjev uvjist jewi vu tez. Cav eddusfoph vu Hesvpis Jzqi Dzdmi, eavupunuat wijodmit sohjv pux jewi katv qettif vji qiel ug opgmevif iyqidvevoupt. Ov't ectumavimz e hsiev vidjpumuhz cav et hseqj qsifodvt, ov ot EV MIETV 10 ziest apvom neoptvsien efuqvoup. Epf gus ni, 10 ziest emtu muult uwismz uqvonotvod epf O xuamf fu gasvjis sitiesdj cetif up zuas ofie. O ipvosimz cimoiwi vjev vsadl dunqepoit xomm ci upi ug vji gostv vu veli efwepvehi ug timg-fsowoph vidj, et vjiz esi emsiefz vszoph vu fu, epf 10 ziest nez ci e sietupecmi vonigseni vu jewi op nopf. Up vji uvjis jepf, O fuacv vjev 10 ziest ot ipuahj gus timg-fsowoph dest vu tvesv cabboph esuapf op johjmz-quqamevif dovoit epf siqmedi veyit, et ep iyenqmi, vuu nadj sotl epf ov't apmolimz vjev vji huwispnipv xomm emmux vjev mohjvmz. Cav vjev't katv nz haitt.

Upi vjoph vu puvi ot vjev og vjisi esi nusi qiuqmi xju esi fuacvoph moli zua epf esi puv tvesvoph vseptqusvevoup simevif dunqepoit fai vu vji teni giest, zua dep veli ep efwepvehi ug vjev epf sotl cioph sohjv vjev timg-fsowoph wijodmit esi uwisjzqif. Iwip vjuahj O en ipvosimz qsu-oppuwevoup, et @NofxitvMepfmusf teof, nutv qacmod ot puv op vjot sihesf epf ov xuamf ci sietupecmi vu tez xjeviwis zuas ofie ot, ov't tegi gus ev mietv 10 ziest.

View media item 35
 
O xuamfp'v xussz.

Tvesv vufez, neli e qsugov, neli nusi qsugov, timg fsowoph des duni op, gopf ep iyov epf ci up zuas xez. Vjiz fup'v? Neli nusi qsugov.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom