The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Soon to be college dropout ??!??

Aaron Strack

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Feb 18, 2019
New York City
Hey there everyone!

I guess ill start with some information about myself and how I landed myself here.

I am currently 21 years old from Houston, Texas attending college in New York City. Houston to New York is a huge move i know, but i came here to hopefully "make it big" in the entertainment and theatre industry (just your everyday slowlaner/sidewalker). I came here hoping New York would immediately take me up in its arms and skyrocket me to stardom, but boy was i wrong. I love singing and performing, i kind of love my school, but there has always been something missing. And the longer i went on here the more anxious i became about my future and what will become of it. And the longer i sat and pondered it, the more and more i realized i was putting myself out of control of my life and putting it the hands of producers. (casting agents, directors, workshops, etc etc) Eventually this anxiety and overwhelming fear of failure and disappointment drove me to find something better, not completely abandon my passion of performing of course, but rather something that can help give me the tools to exercise my love of music and theatre without the pressure of money or fame. And thats when i found "The Millionaire Fastlane ".

I finished reading the book last night and consequently left it with two things: a crap ton of motivation, and a crap ton of questions. Both of which i would say are good things? The book really showed me that the way i wanted to live required going the extra mile and taught me i cant depend on stardom or a big break to become successful.

Honestly i have no idea where to start, and i have no idea how to actually start a business, but i am 100% motivated to do whatever it take, so naturally the forums i come. I havent yet started to read the forum posts, but i just wanted to introduce myself first and let the community know my name and get a sense of my personality a little bit.

Im scared to get started in this, i would be lying if i said otherwise, this goes against ever grain anyone has ever taught me since i was young. But in my mind thats what makes it so appealing, ive always been against the grain, and i never wanted to work a 9-5 ever. So i think i may have found my place.

Yes, i have no idea where to start. Yes, i dont know shit about business. Yes, i have less than 300$ to my name. Yes, I am unhappy with my current situation. and most importantly Yes, I WILL SUCCEED AND NOT A DAMN PERSON CAN TELL ME OTHERWISE.

My new life begins today.

So now, i got a lot of forum reading to do :p

Feel free to comment how you feel or any thoughts you have, maybe something you think im missing? Anything is helpful. Im eager and excited to begin this journey and im so glad i have such a large community behind me (even though they dont know about me yet).

With love and determination,

Aaron Strack

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Aaron Strack

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Feb 18, 2019
New York City
Welcome Aaron. Please don't drop outta college just because you read the book.
I promise there are a lot more factors (primarily tuition cost) that are requiring me to take my college leave. I also already have an associates degree so im not leaving cold turkey :)

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Welcome!

I didnt know 9-5 suck until my first internship with an accounting firm.

You are only 21. Thats your greatest asset. You can try and explore. Failure doesnt hurt.

I will recommend you

1) Get good grades. Google Cal Newport

2) Join an entrepreneur club in school or start a side hussle.

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
I promise there are a lot more factors (primarily tuition cost) that are requiring me to take my college leave. I also already have an associates degree so im not leaving cold turkey :)

Understand you!

Your new life begins today. What is the one thing you will do to start your journey -- right now? How can you make your first $1 on your own?

You posted on the forum, we keep you accountable now! ;)

Aaron Strack

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Feb 18, 2019
New York City
Understand you!

Your new life begins today. What is the one thing you will do to start your journey -- right now? How can you make your first $1 on your own?

You posted on the forum, we keep you accountable now! ;)
1 thing to start my journey: Research more into digital marketing agencies (specifically SEO's)
How to make my first 1$: Make a plan THIS WEEK, commit to the plan, execute the plan, have a business up and running with 1 client before this date next month.

Aaron Strack

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Feb 18, 2019
New York City
Welcome!

I didnt know 9-5 suck until my first internship with an accounting firm.

You are only 21. Thats your greatest asset. You can try and explore. Failure doesnt hurt.

I will recommend you

1) Get good grades. Google Cal Newport

2) Join an entrepreneur club in school or start a side hussle.
Thanks for the advice! Googled Cal Newport, im going to look into to buying his book on Deep Work! :)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Aaron, glad the book has helped you.

and a crap ton of questions

Unscripted answers more questions, I think it is a far better book than "Fastlane" -- as it is a life manual, vs, a business manual.

Welcome Aaron. Please don't drop outta college just because you read the book.

Might be a shock, but I agree with this unless you're paying $100K a year of debt for it...

Aaron Strack

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Feb 18, 2019
New York City
Welcome Aaron, glad the book has helped you.

Unscripted answers more questions, I think it is a far better book than "Fastlane" -- as it is a life manual, vs, a business manual.

Might be a shock, but I agree with this unless you're paying $100K a year of debt for it...
Thank you for taking the time to read my post!! and yes tuition is getting too high for me or my family to support, i have day jobs so i’ll stay afloat, but it’s time i take the next step to further myself. You and many others here are a great inspiration to me! i have a lot to learn, and a long way to go, but hey, i’m a Robert Frost fan, i would always rather choose the road less traveled :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...