The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

$1 000, 50 days, what business?

Idea threads

joel.nilsson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Feb 4, 2022
Sweden
Hi, I got a job offer, but it's in October, so now I got 40 days and $1 000. But nothing to do.

I've always wanted to start a business. My goal is to start a Startup in a couple of years where we build homes/communities/cities under and on water. There are no such things yet, and it's destined to happen someday in the future.
Anyways, I can't try to do that yet (Inexperienced, don't have enough knowledge/degree, and I'm too immature.....

So, therefore I want to start a business or a couple before that. Preferably a physical product-based business and not a service-based.

And ATM I can only invest around $1 000.

Do you guys have any ideas? What would you do in my position?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvHDT0ZxSmw
(maybe something like this, sounds interesting to me)

And the role is remote so I'll be able to do a lot of work on the business when my role starts.

Would greatly appreciate all the feedback I can get, since people on this Forum are extremely nice and knowledgeable!

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I never understood the “my first action as an entrepreneur is to ask other people what to do” thing.

We get a lot of this around here @joel.nilsson.

You will get out of this what you put into it. Right now you are willing to put only $1000, a bit of spare time, and someone else’s idea together. Definitely manage your expectations because meaningful success is unlikely with this plan.

Your focus is on you, not the market and how to serve it. It is harder than: “I have this, I’ll spend that, I can work this hard, tell ME what to do.”

You even say that something like some guy’s clickbait 50m dollar business in 6 minutes appeals to you. You don’t say.

You put yourself in a box with no explanation and I’m sure you used nonsense reasoning to declare you want to sell products instead of a service. Why?

To be successful with entrepreneurship:

- Serve the market first. You benefit anyway.

- Live it. Be willing to do what it takes. Even if that’s a service that takes more than 50 days and some spare time.

- Figure it out, including resources you don’t have.

In other words… Don’t fit your business to you. Fit it to the market.

Last edited:

TheJon

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 7, 2022
Philadelphia PA - USA
Time to go poke around the market! Maybe use that 40 days attending every networking event you can find and talking to everyone. That should find you a market gap

AmppaDamppa

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Apr 7, 2022
Read the book. Use your brain. Take action.

Nobody else will do it for you.
Really helpful... Dude asked for ideas on what people would do in his position. Reading a book and using your own brain without anything else isn't really a thing.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Really helpful... Dude asked for ideas on what people would do in his position. Reading a book and using your own brain without anything else isn't really a thing.

I would spend a couple of days here reading the gold and notable threads. You'll get PLENTY of ideas that'll get your brain flowing.

Huh?

190E7E47-857D-4A9B-8DC2-419C91305E0A.jpeg

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016

I can tell by reading his post that he hasn't really grasped the concepts from the book.

Seeing as you're defending him for asking us to do the hard work FOR him, I'd wager you haven't as well.

So reading the book again IS a thing.

AmppaDamppa

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Apr 7, 2022
I can tell by reading his post that he hasn't really grasped the concepts from the book.

Seeing as you're defending him for asking us to do the hard work FOR him, I'd wager you haven't as well.

So reading the book again IS a thing.
I see your point! However, asking for tips on where to get started isn't doing the hard work for him. Although, I understand your view too, as all the ways to research and learn are right here, and it takes a bit of initiative.

Reading the book again would do good for sure.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
You prefer a product business right now because you are lazy.

You need income, suck it up and go get some income. You can make 10k a month just not being lazy and putting your effort into work that people actually need. You can also just go get a low-paying job working just as hard and make 2k a month but that's for retards. Go use a tiny tiny bit of your brain and find something you can make $500 a day doing for others.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.