The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

0,090% CTR facebook ad

Marketing, social media, advertising

Malcolm_X

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Nov 6, 2015
Germany
First of all, I wasn't sure if it's appropriate to ask specific / technical questions, as most of the topics here are more theory / mindset oriented.. but I'll give it a try. Maybe it'll be useful for a couple of other newbies like me.

I've done some fb advertising longer time ago, and did a lot of research as well.

Just recently, I've made a very small test ad optimized for link clicks, but I was quite disappointed with the results..
upload_2016-12-1_16-3-36.png

First of all, it was scheduled for 29th Nov 7:30pm. On 30th it was still showing as 'scheduled' - is there a reason why it did not begin at the set time ?

The worst thing is, there's no way to directly contact fb support in cases such this.
Fb is making money from the advertisers - at least a chat support should be available to us.

What's disappointing is the actual CPC and CTR.
The audience was quite specific as well...
upload_2016-12-1_16-9-45.png

Is the only reason for such bad results the niche ? Because of all the clubs advertising their events etc ?

Was the ad just not engaging enough ?

Again, I don't have enough 'field experience' with fb ads at this point to accurately break down my results - can someone give me any tips just from the info given above, where the issue might be ?

I am more than willing to provide further info as well of course.

Thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
First of all, I wasn't sure if it's appropriate to ask specific / technical questions, as most of the topics here are more theory / mindset oriented.. but I'll give it a try. Maybe it'll be useful for a couple of other newbies like me.

I've done some fb advertising longer time ago, and did a lot of research as well.

Just recently, I've made a very small test ad optimized for link clicks, but I was quite disappointed with the results..
View attachment 13666

First of all, it was scheduled for 29th Nov 7:30pm. On 30th it was still showing as 'scheduled' - is there a reason why it did not begin at the set time ?

The worst thing is, there's no way to directly contact fb support in cases such this.
Fb is making money from the advertisers - at least a chat support should be available to us.

View attachment 13667

Is the only reason for such bad results the niche ? Because of all the clubs advertising their events etc ?

Again, I don't have enough 'field experience' with fb ads at this point to accurately break down my results - can someone give me any tips just from the info given above, where the issue might be ?

Thank you!

Would you feel comfortable sharing the ad on here? Kind of hard to narrow down what the problem is without knowing those details.

But the targeting looks awfully broad too. if I were trying to promote a party at a club in Stuttgart for example, I'd try and target my ad groups to other clubs in the areas or other parties in the areas.

It's also a good tactic to create several ad groups per campaign with only 1 or two interests per ad group. That way you can individually monitor which targets are performing or aren't. Right now, you have no idea if it's the hip hop, parties or nightlife groups that got the click.

But honestly, it sounds like what ever your ad was had very little relevance or not a good call to action.

Malcolm_X

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Nov 6, 2015
Germany
absolutely..

upload_2016-12-2_11-1-56.png

Background info - DJ mixtape promotion

Reasoning for the ad design -
1. the image doesn't have the 'wow' effect - it doesn't make you instantly click on the ad
it's more 'artistic' and visually pleasing.

I found Instagram to be quite a good tool for testing the 'likeability' / quality of an image - this one was good on my personal IG.

2. The title is a bit a bit metaphoric - my goal here was to create a bit of curiosity

3. the description (which was automatically added by mixcloud) still shows clearly where the user will be redirected after clicking and what the ad is about

4. download button - for me, 'download' is instantly connected with 'free' - this was the most appropriate option for the button I guess.

Very good point with the targeting, I am going to look into that. Thanks.

arl_

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Aug 15, 2016
While you shouldn't jump to any conclusions with that low amount of data, its pretty safe to say that this current campaign is really bad.
The image is okay I guess, you should really really work on the headline (great examples in there), put yourself in the shoes of the end-user, "Late night therapy", like what is that supposed to mean to the person who's interested in Hip-Hop / Nightlife / Parties etc. And you have no post description at all, write something in there that explains more about what you're trying to promote.

Also, a question, what placement are you running? Desktop newsfeed, mobile newsfeed or rightside ads?

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
What's the relevance score? That might be a clue. I'm guessing it's going to be really low.

I would split out each of these targeting parameters into a separate ad set so that I could figure out which responds the best (or worst, in this case). A CTR of < 0.1% seems like a targeting issue. That 1 click may have come from one of the groups that only had 50 impressions, meaning your CTR for the right group is more like 2%. That would be much more palatable.

I would also revamp that headline. "Late night therapy" doesn't tell me anything and sounds like I'm gonna be sitting on some shrink's couch talking about how my parents split up when I was 5. Hard pass.

Do not try to be metaphoric or intelligent with your headlines. Think of how stupid the average person is. Half of them are dumber than that. Most people won't get it, or even if they would they won't give you enough mental cycles.

And yes, people will ONLY read that headline. You have about 200ms to make an impression on Facebook, probably less.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Do not try to be metaphoric or intelligent with your headlines. Think of how stupid the average person is. Half of them are dumber than that. Most people won't get it, or even if they would they won't give you enough mental cycles.

And yes, people will ONLY read that headline. You have about 200ms to make an impression on Facebook, probably less.

Agreed with that. You want the headline to be as blatantly obvious as possible. Also, while you have a CTA button, there really isn't any obvious call to action.

Something like: "Get these free tracks to boost your next late night party"
"Click download for a 100% album"

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
"Late Night Therapy" is your headline?

Even if you hit your target market, it poses ZERO benefit and inspiration to act. The follow up isn't much better.

With headline creation, copywriting skill is a must. You might want to start there.

thinkandgrowrich

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Nov 29, 2016

View attachment 13666

View attachment 13667

Thank you!

Read the book Tested Advertising Methods, it will help you ALOT. The headline is the most important part of any Ad.

In the book it states that are four important qualities that a headline may possess; self interest, news, curiosity, or advertising something by saying it is quick and easy. The more qualities you employ, the better, but it also becomes more difficult. And curiosity is one of the qualities you can't rely on by itself, you must combine it with another quality. Self Interest on the other hand can be used by itself.

For example if I'm advertising moisturizers; "Moisturizer that leaves your skin glowing, healthy, and smelling sublime" . I'm still working on it but you get the point lol

Your headline says nothing about the benefits of the product you are advertising. What would you say that would make someone buy your product, what do you feel is the best part about what you are advertising?

Your headline is terrible to say the least lol, But we are all out here trying to improve. Good luck

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.